Hollywood Travel Answers

change location
pamfraizer's Profile Photo

Public Transportation from The Grafton on Sunset Boulvard to Century City

by pamfraizer Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 3:54 AM

I recently booked a room at the Grafton and am attending a conference at the Hyatt in Century City. Is there an easy public transportation route to get me to and from the conference every day?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Public Transportation from The Grafton on Sunset Boulvard to Century City

by bocmaxima Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Doesn't look like it'll be very easy.
    From the map, it looks like none of the buses that service the Sunset/La Cienega intersection go to Century City. If you walk or take a bus (walking will be quicker most times, honestly) down to Santa Monica Blvd, you can take the 704, which is a limited stop ("Rapid") service.
    metro.net/riding_metro/bus_o...

Any particular reason for the Grafton? Just to be closer to the Strip?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pamfraizer's Profile Photo

by pamfraizer Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM

hmmmm...the Grafton looked cool. Probably not the best way to pick a hotel.

I may just change my reservation to the conference hotel to simplify things, but will definitely look at the links you sent before I make a final decision. Haven't been to LA for nearly 15 years. Thanks for passing along the info.

So, was also looking at Cafe Boheme as a drink stop — good place?

• GlobeTrekr's Profile Photo

by GlobeTrekr Online Now Jun 4, 2010 at 10:23 PM

If you stay at the Grafton, the previous poster is right. Just walk down La Cienega to Santa Monica Blvd and catch the #4 or #704 bus and take it down Santa Monica Blvd to the Hyatt in Century City. You can also walk down Olive Dr. and catch the same bus on Santa Monica and Kings Rd or over on SM and La Cienega as well.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines