Hollywood Travel Answers

change location

Sunset and Vine

by loving_father Online Now Jan 30, 2009 at 11:16 PM

How safe is the area around sunset and vine. What part of los angeles is the safest?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • DueSer's Profile Photo

Re: Sunset and Vine

by DueSer Online Now Jan 30, 2009 at 11:48 PM

It's okay during the day but can be dangerous at night.
    It's a big city so there really isn't anywhere I'd want to walk around at night for very long but during the day just about anywhere is okay. The area around USC is not very good. I'd stay away from right downtown, esp. if I was alone. The "Skid Row" area should be avoided any time of day. The safest would probably be Santa Monica, Century City, West L.A. areas. Pasadena is pretty safe. Most parts of the Valley are okay, as are the beach cities.
    As long as you use common sense though - going down dark streets alone at night is never smart and that's true of L.A. - stay in well-lit areas where there are a lot of other people around and you should be fine.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Re: Sunset and Vine

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Jan 31, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Yes, ok during the day, maybe no so at night ( although when movies get out, the area is flooded with so many eyeballs that for a short time it is as safe as daytime ).
    As a general rule, the neighborhood gets better as you go to the west, and worse as you go south or east.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines