Hollywood Travel Answers

change location

Finances

by Skonie Online Now Dec 26, 2007 at 11:01 PM

My girlfriend and I have been talking baout planning a trip out west. She has always wanted to go to Hollywood and do all the touristy things. How much would you say would be an adequate amount of money to take to spend in California. Keep in mind we want to eat out in resturaunts, stay in a nice hotel (not to ritzy tho), take tours, go shopping, etc. Thanks!

Steve

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Finances

by YVRDave Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 7:18 AM

$50-150 each per day for living after hotel rates would be a guideline.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

by HarmoniousBotch Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 9:30 AM

I'd budget about 200-250 per day for the two of you, all expenses included.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

by GracesTrips Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 12:25 PM

I won't try to guess how much you need because we tend to spend quite a bit on food here in LA. The amusement parks will cost quite a bit (Disneyland, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountain). If you eliminate that the amusement parks - it's free to see the concrete imprints of the stars at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. You can go to Universal City Walk for the cost of10 parking without going to Universal Studios. To see Venice beach is just the cost of parking and Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica is also a parking fee. You can visit the Getty and Getty Villa for free. The Villa you will have to make reservations online in order to go. The Griffith Observatory is also free but you may have to park at a shopping center and the the shuttle up to the observatory (see official website) and you might need reservations in advance. Going to the beach is free except for the cost of parking. If you come out this way, you need to eat at In and Out Burgers. Famous out here and cheap! You can check it out on my West Covina, California page under restaurants but In and Out has burger stands all over SoCal. Night clubs, concerts, the theatre, is not cheap. Drinks are pricey, too! Last Saturday evening we saw a play in a tiny, hole-in-the-wall theatre25 a ticket/$50 for the pair. Dinner at Asia Los Feliz was80. So,130 for the evening not including hotel (we live here). Add another20-$30 for lunch.10 for Starbucks in the morning for two. I think the cost can add up rather quickly. It's a great place to see, the weather is fantastic and there is lots to do if you have enough money. Good luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines