Hollywood Travel Answers

change location
calidreamin's Profile Photo

can a 17 yr old visit any of the clubs in hollywood

by calidreamin Online Now Oct 11, 2007 at 5:58 AM

my daughter is 17 and we will be in hollywood one week just before she turns 18, this is her 18 birthday present, a trip to hollywood and my first time in california. arriving nov 20. I'm looking for any motley crue memorbilla. (cant spell) thanks... all i know is that there is a gutair in the hard rock from mick mars

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Re: can a 17 yr old visit any of the clubs in hollywood

by lmkluque Online Now Oct 11, 2007 at 7:03 AM

In Hollywood and actually all of California a person must be 21 years old to go into a nightclub. If a place serves as a restaurant as well as a club or bar, then she would be allowed in while they are serving food.

The Hard Rock Cafe is not a club and there is no age limit to enter.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: can a 17 yr old visit any of the clubs in hollywood

by Vardui Online Now Oct 11, 2007 at 8:01 AM

The posting above is absolutely correct. A person must be 21 or over to enter most clubs. There are some clubs that are 18+ though.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Re: can a 17 yr old visit any of the clubs in hollywood

by GracesTrips Online Now Oct 11, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Yes, most clubs are 21+ (ie. House of Blues), but I've taken my 16 year old (at that time) to see concerts at small venues like the Wiltern Theatre (we saw James Blount and Jason Mraz there) which is like a club. Other places to check out, The Greek Theatre (saw Avril Lavigne). To see what bands are playing in the area - check out ticketmaster for Los Angeles area or latimes.com. Then look up the venue to see what restrictions they might have.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines