Hollywood Travel Answers

change location

Academy Awards Night

by ccgilmore Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 10:15 AM

Help! I know nothing of Hollywood-never been..... I am surprising my husband with a crazy birthday. I had a silly movie made about him and we are doing the whole red carpet thing at the house with the neighbors playing the paparazzi. Anyway, another part of the present is we are flying to Hollywood on the 5th of March (the day of the Academy Awards). I have nothing planned except a rental car & hotel. What do we do? Is there an Oscar watch party anywhere? What is fun on a little bit of time? We will be leaving at the crack of dawn on the 6th to come back home. We only have a few hours there and I would love any great ideas!!!! Thanks so much in advance.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Grantman's Profile Photo

RE: Academy Awards Night

by Grantman Online Now Mar 2, 2006 at 3:25 PM

You can try to squeeze in to the limited area for the public by The Red Carpet, but you'll need to get there hours in advance, and it is a circus. Many bars show the show, none that I know make a special party out of it. There are bars with character and a few with class in Hollywood, Musso & Frank's is an old lair that might be fine.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines