Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Flights to Japan from Kamchatka

Japan Nov 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Hallo peeps,
      I am planning trip to Russia on the transibirian, catching train from Helsinki via St Pete's to Moscow to Vladivostok, than I found flight from Vladivostock to Petropavlosk-Kamchatskiy and exploring Kamchatka for couple of weeks. From there we want to fly to Japan, Sapporo preferably and after spending week there, fly home.
      My plan looks good on paper but now I have a problem, it seems Aeroflot do not fly from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy to Japan.
      And anybody of you lovely peeps give me idea how I can get to Japan from Kamčatka ( plane, boat) without going back to Vladivostok or anywhere else?
      Many thanks!

P.S same question is posted on Russia forum too

• EffaEfufu's Profile Photo

Disneysea/land tickets

Tokyo Nov 12, 2015 at 7:53 AM

Can someone pls reccomend me websites or travel agents where I can purchase Disneyland/sea tickets at discounted price?
      Thank you

Pre book tickets for Shinkansen to osaka

Tokyo Nov 10, 2015 at 9:19 AM

can I prebooked my tickets to Osaka on the Shinkansen? If so, how do I go about doing it?

• Public transport

Himeji Nov 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Does the bus from Kansai airport in Osaka to Himeji city stop directly outside the station?

• exceellent's Profile Photo

hiroshima pass

Hiroshima Oct 29, 2015 at 10:21 AM

is some pass valid on airport limosine ?

local hiroshima pass ?

• I need help to understand how to turn off a solar radio I bought in Kyoto

Tokyo Oct 28, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Can somebody who knows how to read Japanese help me how to turn off a solar radio box + multi charge which is just a small gadget?
      I scanned the instructions but I can't seem to paste a picture here :(

Would appreciate the help very much.

Thanks in advance.

• Lindakrisch's Profile Photo

Stores in Matsuyama

Matsuyama Nov 23, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Are there stores where they acceptnAmerican gift cards?

• faffy's Profile Photo

where is the best place to stay for a week in tokyo

Tokyo Nov 18, 2015 at 3:43 AM

hi. I am travelling with my husband on January 1. I am just wondering what place to stay in Tokyo. a place near in shopping areas, accessible to train stations, restaurants and interesting places. also, what clothes do we need to bring. many thanks in advance.

• Transfer from Naha Airport (Okinawa) to Hotel

Okinawa Nov 9, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Hi, what is the best way to get from Naha Airport, Okinawa, to Moon Ocean Ginowan Hotel ((aside from the Monorail & Airport Limousine bus)).

I'm looking for an option or booking/purchasing a private car transfer online. Which Okinawa transport companies would be reliable ? Arrival in Okinawa is tomorrow.

• 3tt3n3n's Profile Photo

Luggage lockers in Gion Shijyo Station

Kyoto Nov 9, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Does anyone know if there is a luggage locker in Gion Shijyo Station where we can leave our luggage while we tour Kyoto?

• UK passport holder visa

Osaka Nov 4, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Does anybody have any experience with applying for extended period of stay if I am to stay in Japan for more than 90 days? Is it okay that my return ticket has a date on that is over 90 days from my out ticket?

Japanese Selvedge denim

Tokyo Nov 10, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Can someone suggest places that I can purchase affordable Japanese selvedge denims or any vintage/2nd hand store where I can get really cool stuffs?
      What are the popular brand names of these selvedge denims?

Thank you!

• My Myanmar trip in December

Tokyo Nov 14, 2015 at 6:50 AM

I'm planning to trip Myanmar this December(from 19th-24th night).

My flight will get there to Yangon at 17:15 Dec 19th and leave Yangon at 22:10 Dec 24 to Tokyo and arriving early in the morning of 25th.

So it's pretty short stay, i'm not planning to stay Yangon much,but love to visit Bagan for sure. However, I want to visit Inle lake as well.

My concern on this trip is..
      1)I would love to relax and see historical cites as well as natures.

2)My current plan as below:

12/19--->17:15 arrive to Yangon. stay one night in Yangon

12/20--->leave for Bagan by airplane.

12/21--->stay Bagan

12/22--->leave for Inle lake by air plane

12/23--->stay in Inle lake

12/24--->stay in Inle lake and leave Inle lake afternoon for Yangon to catch my flight to Tokyo of 22:10.

12/25--->arrive tokyo early in the morning

3)my plan above is tight for the last day?

4)which do you recommend to stay longer, Bagan or Inle lake?
      Or if you have any advice on my travel plan above, pls let me know.

5)Im travelling myself,but at the same time I would love to make friends during my travel.
      Hotel can have arrangements for tourist?

6)Is it better to stay at hotel?(I want my own room,bathroom,but in the meantime, would love to make friends as well:))

Thanks for reading my long question!
      I appreciate your kind help:)

3days in Osaka. What should I do?

Osaka Nov 10, 2015 at 9:28 AM

Il be droppingby Osaka for 3days and will be going USS to spend a whole
      Day at.
      What' are the other nice places to checkout?
      And where can I find great affordable selvedge denim in Osaka?
      Il be staying at grand gravia

Narita airport to shibuya

Tokyo Nov 22, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Hello vters!
      Need some advise on various options of shuttle buses from Narita airport to Shibuya ( Ceruleun tokyu hotel) .
      Which bus services should I take?

Tokyo trip for 7days

Tokyo Nov 10, 2015 at 8:00 AM

I needed some tips for my Virgin Tokyo trip end of the month.
      1) should I get a nex , suica or pormo card for my travels in Tokyo or it would be better savings for me to get the JR pass since il be using it for my 3days trip to Osaka on the Shinkansen ?
      2) will I be able to use the JR pass for the public transportation in Tokyo such as the metro n buses?
      3) or would it best for me to just purchase a single return trip to Osaka on the Shinkansen?
      4) is it advisable to take an airport bus or express to my hotel (CERELEUN TOKYU HOTEL)?
      5)any tour websites that I can buy Disney sea/land at a much affordable rate?

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Ekiben sold at New Chitose Airport?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Aug 2, 2015 at 8:41 AM

We are arriving into New Chitose Airport at 8:20am and hoping to catch the 10:33am train to Shintoku. Where in the airport can we buy ekiben to have as lunch on the train? Would prefer to get here rather than at Minami Chitose Station since the transit time is only 10 minutes.

Tq, Mel

6 Answers Aug 5, 2015 at 1:55 AM
    • Hokkaido in late october

by PepperP2014 Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Which places should I visit in the Hokkaido/Sapporo area during the last week of October? I have a week.

1 Answer Aug 1, 2015 at 3:39 AM
    • Tellme's Profile Photo

Tattoo onsen?

by Tellme Online Now Jun 30, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi All, I have a sizeable back tattoo but would still like to onsen (preferably outdoor) on our trip around Hokkaido during the next two weeks. Does anyone know any onsen (anywhere in Hokkaido) that don't care and will let me bathe? From previous experience years ago I know most places have signs up prohibiting entry to tattooed folk. Have the times changed? I was last there about 4yrs ago and was able to hide a smaller tattoo under strapping tape, but I won't be able to hide this new back one. We have a car and no set itinerary - will just end our trip in Kushiro, so any recommendations, anywhere at all, would be appreciated. Thanks, Terry

10 Answers Nov 13, 2015 at 12:53 AM
    • 7Day self-drive hokkaido

by MakiS20 Online Now Jun 14, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Need some help with my programme. My partner and I are planning our 1st self drive trip to Hokkaido in end Aug. We're into scenery (photography), food and shopping. Here's what we came up with:

Option A
      Day 1: Sin – Tokyo – Chitose (pick up car at 17:00). Chitose-Noboribetsu. Overnight Noboribetsu.
      Day 2: Noboribetsu – Lake Toya - Otaru. Overnight at Otaru
      Day 3: Otaru - Furano. Overnight at Furano
      Day 4: Furano - Biei - Asahikawa - Sapporo.
      Day 5: Sapporo
      Day 6: Sapporo. Total 3N at Sapporo.
      Day 7: Sapporo - Chitose (Return car at 18:00)

1) Are the plans too rushed or ok? Especially for Day 2 and 4.
      2) Should I overnight around Lake Toya at Day 2, or go directly to Otaru?
      3) Any place I should skip/visit for better route plan?
      4) Any better route to be taken?

Thanks so much for your help!

2 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 8:39 AM
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Hokkaido in July ?

by DaHongHua Online Now Mar 17, 2015 at 2:08 AM

I have a few off days in July, my wife suggest Hokkaido. I think there are more to see Hokkaido in winter compare to summer, what is your opinion ?

6 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 5:51 AM
    • quekzr's Profile Photo

Itinerary Check (6D5N)

by quekzr Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to Hokkaido for the first time this coming June, for 6 days and 5 nights. I will be travelling with my mum, and neither of us can drive, so we will have to rely on public transport the entire trip. My current itinerary looks like this:
      Day 1: Arrive in New Chitose at night (8pm) and travel to Sapporo
      Days 2-3: Sapporo (day trip to Otaru)
      Day 4: Furano/Biel
      Day 5: Lake Toya/Noboribetsu
      Day 6: Lake Toya/Noboribetsu in the morning, followed by Rera and New Chitose in the afternoon/evening before a flight to Tokyo at night.

Will it be too rushed?
      Also, will I be able to make this work by purchasing a 4-day JR Pass? Thank you all so much!!

11 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • mnutsy's Profile Photo

Toya-ko to Noboribetsu Onsen bus over Orofofure Pass

by mnutsy Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I hope to catch the bus from Toya-ko to Noboribetsu Onsen over Orofofure Pass on Sat 19 April 2014. Does anyone know the timetable (leaving about lunchtime or mid afternoon) or a link to a site for the bus timetable?

regards, Mnutsy (Australia)

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • Itineraries Planning

by 2318_TW Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Hi, visiting Hokkaido from 24 Dec to 3 Jan 2014 during Winter Season, will need advise on the places that wanted to visit which is Hakodate, Lake Toya, Niseko and Noboribetsu for Onsen and Ski Resort will be Tomamu and Sohoro. I have been to Sapporo last year thus not visting. I will be arriving & departing at New Chitose Airport.

Thanks much

1 Answer Oct 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    • Good Recommendation for Private Onsen in Hokkaido

by 2318_TW Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Will like to check is there any Ensuite Private Onsen in Hokkiado hotel or Ryokan, again not too costly as understand that for private onsen is already "X" but just want to know the lowest for Private Onsen that anyone can advice or recommend. I will be arriving into Sapporo and prefer not too far away between 1-2 hours away from Sapporo will be great.

It will also be best if it's near to a Ski Resort.

Thanks once again.

• milliturtle's Profile Photo

Takinoue Park and Kamiyubetsu Tulip Park

by milliturtle Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Hi, my friend and I are going to be in Sapporo(ish) for a few days in May. I saw that it is the season for the Shibazakura and would really like to visit Takinoue Park and the tulip park. However, it looks extremely difficult to reach Takinoue by public transport. (Or it could be easy but I cannot get decent translations of the Japanese webpages online.) If anyone can give me some idea of how to get to Takinoue from Asahikawa or Sapporo, that'll be much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone know of any day tours originating from Sapporo to both parks. Alternatively, we may go to Asahikawa the night before and try to join a tour from there. I've emailed Asahikawa Tourism and they said the 2012 tour schedule is not available yet. I know last year they only have these tours on the weekends, so they may not be a viable option depending on our schedule.

We also considered renting a car, but my friend and I only know how to drive automatic. Would this be a problem? Also, is it difficult to drive in Hokkaido? (road conditions, straight forward directions, etc)

While we're at it, do you know if there is a reasonably priced ryokan with a private bath in the area? We are a bit shy about using a public onsen and my friend said one option is to book a room with a private bath.

6 Answers Feb 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    • jamiezhuo's Profile Photo

Public transportation in Hokkaido

by jamiezhuo Online Now Oct 30, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Hi all,

I am planing to do a skiing trip at Niseko in coming late January. Initially, I was planning to rent a car and explore some of the scenic places in Hokkaido, however, it seems that the roads will be icy and covered with snow, not a wise choice to drive a car. May I know how is the public transportation such trains and buses there ? Is it easy to move around with them ? I heard they are expensive and infrequent, is it true ? I will going during chinese new year period, will the shops be closed or transportation be a problem ?

Thanks a lot for your advice !!

7 Answers Oct 31, 2011 at 2:40 AM
    • Personal guide for Dec holiday

by Eneo Online Now Oct 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Hi , I'm from Singapore n am planning for a trip to Hokkaido on last week of Dec. As it's my first trip & am traveling alone, I hope to engage someone to show me around & travel with me, OR if there's anyone traveling to Hokkaido during same period, we may hook up and travel together . Hope to hear from u guys, cheers!

1 Answer Nov 21, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    • Trying to book accommodation in Rumoi

by tiny_168 Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Can anyone advise how I can book a hotel in Rumoi? The 3 hotel listing in are all in Japanese which I cannot understand.

8 Answers Sep 27, 2011 at 3:08 AM
    • gilbertSGD's Profile Photo

New to hokkaido

by gilbertSGD Online Now Jan 1, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Hello, this will be my first time going to hokkaido in january. I just want to ask what kind of clothes should i wear? how many layers should i wear ? should i wear boots with thermal soles ? should i get heat packs to keep myself warm ? what is the temperature at hokkaido now ? PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS AS I AM GOING TO LEAVE SOON and i have been staying in a one hot season country and i am afraid the weather will be too extreme for me .. thanks alot

4 Answers Jan 8, 2011 at 2:02 AM
    • planning tovisit Hokkaido

by Doreenlim Online Now Mar 13, 2010 at 2:04 AM

We're thinking of going on our own to explore Hokkaido. Anyone have any tips on what must see/must do etc.. for our plan?
      Appreciate your help.

• Transportation at Hokkaido for 8 persons

by mictak Online Now Mar 10, 2010 at 6:24 AM

We plan to travel around Hokkaido from 8th to 21st July 2010 with total of 8 person. The major cities and tourist site we plan to visit are SAPPORO, OTARU, Hakodate, LAKE TOYA, NOBORIBETSU, Lake Akan, Lake Mashu, Utoro, Abashiri, SUNKYO, ASAHIKAWA, Furano & New Chintose Airport.

Please help to advise best option of transportation to travel this location and how can we arrange it & estimate cost.
      1. By JR Rail Pass
      2. Rental of Van with 8 seater
      3. Rental of 2 Car with 2x 4 seater

Thanks You

2 Answers May 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    • Tokyo to Hokkaido

by jamiekyt Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 6:18 AM

I'm planning visit Japan in month of July 2010.
      May i know what is the best option travel from Tokyo to Hokkaido in details.
      I need to know about the type of transportation (train or flight?) from where/which location to Hokkaido, how much it cost, and how long its the journey take. Thanks in advance :)
      Heard language is a problem to travel around, its that true?

2 Answers Mar 2, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    • vaara's Profile Photo

Ryokan with onsen and kaiseki?

by vaara Online Now Nov 2, 2002 at 8:12 AM

So, I'm thinking about taking another week-long vacation in Japan in late November/early December. Last time I went to Tokyo and Nikko, both of which I enjoyed thoroughly; but this time I'm thinking about trying something different. Can anyone recommend a fairly comfortable onsen-style resort with nice scenery and great food on Hokkaido? I'm especially interested in experiencing a true kaiseki-style meal, and of course in soaking in a nice ofuro while gazing out on snow-covered mountains. Skiing would be a bonus, but is not required. Unfortunately, I speak no Japanese, so the inn should be able to cope with English. Someone tell me where to go (nicely)! Arigato gozaimasu!

2 Answers Apr 8, 2009 at 3:26 AM