change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• quekzr's Profile Photo

Itinerary Check (6D5N)

by quekzr Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to Hokkaido for the first time this coming June, for 6 days and 5 nights. I will be travelling with my mum, and neither of us can drive, so we will have to rely on public transport the entire trip. My current itinerary looks like this:
      Day 1: Arrive in New Chitose at night (8pm) and travel to Sapporo
      Days 2-3: Sapporo (day trip to Otaru)
      Day 4: Furano/Biel
      Day 5: Lake Toya/Noboribetsu
      Day 6: Lake Toya/Noboribetsu in the morning, followed by Rera and New Chitose in the afternoon/evening before a flight to Tokyo at night.

Will it be too rushed?
      Also, will I be able to make this work by purchasing a 4-day JR Pass? Thank you all so much!!

11 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • mnutsy's Profile Photo

Toya-ko to Noboribetsu Onsen bus over Orofofure Pass

by mnutsy Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I hope to catch the bus from Toya-ko to Noboribetsu Onsen over Orofofure Pass on Sat 19 April 2014. Does anyone know the timetable (leaving about lunchtime or mid afternoon) or a link to a site for the bus timetable?

regards, Mnutsy (Australia)

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • Itineraries Planning

by 2318_TW Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Hi, visiting Hokkaido from 24 Dec to 3 Jan 2014 during Winter Season, will need advise on the places that wanted to visit which is Hakodate, Lake Toya, Niseko and Noboribetsu for Onsen and Ski Resort will be Tomamu and Sohoro. I have been to Sapporo last year thus not visting. I will be arriving & departing at New Chitose Airport.

Thanks much

1 Answer Oct 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    • Good Recommendation for Private Onsen in Hokkaido

by 2318_TW Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Will like to check is there any Ensuite Private Onsen in Hokkiado hotel or Ryokan, again not too costly as understand that for private onsen is already "X" but just want to know the lowest for Private Onsen that anyone can advice or recommend. I will be arriving into Sapporo and prefer not too far away between 1-2 hours away from Sapporo will be great.

It will also be best if it's near to a Ski Resort.

Thanks once again.

• milliturtle's Profile Photo

Takinoue Park and Kamiyubetsu Tulip Park

by milliturtle Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Hi, my friend and I are going to be in Sapporo(ish) for a few days in May. I saw that it is the season for the Shibazakura and would really like to visit Takinoue Park and the tulip park. However, it looks extremely difficult to reach Takinoue by public transport. (Or it could be easy but I cannot get decent translations of the Japanese webpages online.) If anyone can give me some idea of how to get to Takinoue from Asahikawa or Sapporo, that'll be much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone know of any day tours originating from Sapporo to both parks. Alternatively, we may go to Asahikawa the night before and try to join a tour from there. I've emailed Asahikawa Tourism and they said the 2012 tour schedule is not available yet. I know last year they only have these tours on the weekends, so they may not be a viable option depending on our schedule.

We also considered renting a car, but my friend and I only know how to drive automatic. Would this be a problem? Also, is it difficult to drive in Hokkaido? (road conditions, straight forward directions, etc)

While we're at it, do you know if there is a reasonably priced ryokan with a private bath in the area? We are a bit shy about using a public onsen and my friend said one option is to book a room with a private bath.

Thanks.

6 Answers Feb 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    • jamiezhuo's Profile Photo

Public transportation in Hokkaido

by jamiezhuo Online Now Oct 30, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Hi all,

I am planing to do a skiing trip at Niseko in coming late January. Initially, I was planning to rent a car and explore some of the scenic places in Hokkaido, however, it seems that the roads will be icy and covered with snow, not a wise choice to drive a car. May I know how is the public transportation such trains and buses there ? Is it easy to move around with them ? I heard they are expensive and infrequent, is it true ? I will going during chinese new year period, will the shops be closed or transportation be a problem ?

Thanks a lot for your advice !!

7 Answers Oct 31, 2011 at 2:40 AM
    • Personal guide for Dec holiday

by Eneo Online Now Oct 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Hi , I'm from Singapore n am planning for a trip to Hokkaido on last week of Dec. As it's my first trip & am traveling alone, I hope to engage someone to show me around & travel with me, OR if there's anyone traveling to Hokkaido during same period, we may hook up and travel together . Hope to hear from u guys, cheers!

1 Answer Nov 21, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    • Trying to book accommodation in Rumoi

by tiny_168 Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Greetings,

Can anyone advise how I can book a hotel in Rumoi? The 3 hotel listing in Jalan.net are all in Japanese which I cannot understand.

Ryan

8 Answers Sep 27, 2011 at 3:08 AM
    • gilbertSGD's Profile Photo

New to hokkaido

by gilbertSGD Online Now Jan 1, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Hello, this will be my first time going to hokkaido in january. I just want to ask what kind of clothes should i wear? how many layers should i wear ? should i wear boots with thermal soles ? should i get heat packs to keep myself warm ? what is the temperature at hokkaido now ? PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS AS I AM GOING TO LEAVE SOON and i have been staying in a one hot season country and i am afraid the weather will be too extreme for me .. thanks alot

4 Answers Jan 8, 2011 at 2:02 AM
    • planning tovisit Hokkaido

by Doreenlim Online Now Mar 13, 2010 at 2:04 AM

We're thinking of going on our own to explore Hokkaido. Anyone have any tips on what must see/must do etc.. for our plan?
      Appreciate your help.

• Transportation at Hokkaido for 8 persons

by mictak Online Now Mar 10, 2010 at 6:24 AM

We plan to travel around Hokkaido from 8th to 21st July 2010 with total of 8 person. The major cities and tourist site we plan to visit are SAPPORO, OTARU, Hakodate, LAKE TOYA, NOBORIBETSU, Lake Akan, Lake Mashu, Utoro, Abashiri, SUNKYO, ASAHIKAWA, Furano & New Chintose Airport.

Please help to advise best option of transportation to travel this location and how can we arrange it & estimate cost.
      1. By JR Rail Pass
      2. Rental of Van with 8 seater
      3. Rental of 2 Car with 2x 4 seater

Thanks You
      Michael

2 Answers May 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    • Tokyo to Hokkaido

by jamiekyt Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 6:18 AM

I'm planning visit Japan in month of July 2010.
      May i know what is the best option travel from Tokyo to Hokkaido in details.
      I need to know about the type of transportation (train or flight?) from where/which location to Hokkaido, how much it cost, and how long its the journey take. Thanks in advance :)
      Heard language is a problem to travel around, its that true?

2 Answers Mar 2, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    • vaara's Profile Photo

Ryokan with onsen and kaiseki?

by vaara Online Now Nov 2, 2002 at 8:12 AM

So, I'm thinking about taking another week-long vacation in Japan in late November/early December. Last time I went to Tokyo and Nikko, both of which I enjoyed thoroughly; but this time I'm thinking about trying something different. Can anyone recommend a fairly comfortable onsen-style resort with nice scenery and great food on Hokkaido? I'm especially interested in experiencing a true kaiseki-style meal, and of course in soaking in a nice ofuro while gazing out on snow-covered mountains. Skiing would be a bonus, but is not required. Unfortunately, I speak no Japanese, so the inn should be able to cope with English. Someone tell me where to go (nicely)! Arigato gozaimasu!

2 Answers Apr 8, 2009 at 3:26 AM