change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• buffalohr02's Profile Photo

Travel from Naha to Urma

Okinawa Feb 12, 2015 at 7:06 PM

About how much would it be to take a bus or taxi from Naha Airport to Ishikawa Uruma-shi, Okinawa-ken 904-1106, and which way is better?

more
    • General information needed

Okinawa Feb 12, 2015 at 10:24 AM

I be will traveling to Okinawa for a couple of weeks and was wondering about cell phones. I mainly want to be able to contact others in my group when we split up and also be able to use maps and a translation app on my phone. I was wondering if there is good service through out the island. Also, I want to do some scuba diving, can anyone recommend a dive company that has English speaking guides.

Thanks

more
    • how to get aoyama gosho museum at tottori fr osaka

Tottori Feb 18, 2015 at 10:38 PM

hi me fr indonesia , i hv plan to go to aoyama gosho museum fr osaka , better riding a bus or train .btw I have JR pass, can i use it?
      tq

more
    • To watch Capital One Football Final at Wembly, UK on 1st.March 2015, between Chelsea and Totenham

Shinjuku Feb 17, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Im staying in Shinjuku area. Is there a Pub or Restaurant nearby where I can watch the above game probably at the early morning of Monday, 2nd. March. Japan time. Thank you

more
    • Visit Suzuka Circuit on a non race day?

Suzuka Feb 10, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Had anyone visited the circuit on a non-race day? is it worth going?
      I'll by passing by on my trip on april 5th. Wondering if i should drive by just to check it out. I've never been.

Thanks!

more
    • teruo_wa's Profile Photo

guude here

Fukushima-ken Feb 3, 2015 at 10:28 AM

can we find local guide in fukushima-ken?

more
    • effazainal's Profile Photo

Disneyland n disney sea

Tokyo Feb 1, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Does anyone know of discounts ticket into disneyland plsss? I don't think my budget allows me to take the day pass.

Any halal restaurabt in disneyland or sea?

more
    • Rental Accommodatio in Sakuragawa

Ibaraki-ken Feb 24, 2015 at 2:51 PM

I will be working as a teacher in Sakuragawa for a year. Should I live there or in Mito? Any suggestions?

more
    • From Hilton Shinjuku to Disneysea

Tokyo Feb 20, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi, wanted to know what is the best way to go to Disneysea from Hilton Shinjuku. Is it better to take a metro from Nishi-Shninjuku to Tokyo station and then take a JR train or is it better to take a metro from Tochomae to Yoyogi and take a bus to Disney Resort ? From Google Earth, I see that the Yoyogi station does not have overbridge. Does Yoyogi have a subway to cross the railway track ? Apology for asking boring questions, but small details help. Thanks in advance for the answers.

more

Hotels around Sakura hatagaya in shinjiku

Tokyo Feb 1, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Hi VTers,
      I have just receive an email that this hotel Sakura hatagaya is fully booked! :(
      Can anyone suggest any hotels nearby it? In shinjiku preferably ? As it's convenient to get halal food.
      Affordable rates not more than 12,000yen
      Pls help meeee

more
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Visiting Hiroshima, Kyote and Tokyo - travel advice please.

Japan Feb 19, 2015 at 7:00 AM

Hi,
      Some advice or opinions would be much appreciated. I am hoping to visit Japan for the second time in May, last time I only wen't to Tokyo. This visit I am planning to fly into Kansai Airport at Osaka and spend three days in Hiroshima and five days in Kyote before travelling to Tokyo for about a week then returning to the UK from Tokyo airport.
      The question is should I go to Hiroshima from the airport then visit Kyote and then onto Tokyo or should I first visit Kyote then Hiroshima and finally Tokyo.
      I would like advice on travel times and costs as well as what trains to take and if a rail pass would be a good idea as they only seem valid for certain rail lines.
      Thanks
      Tony

more
    • 2/3 Nights in Osaka

Osaka Feb 13, 2015 at 5:33 AM

I was in Osaka two years ago, only one day day so did not see it. This time im in Osaka for probably 2/3 nights. What do i need to see and do and eat and drink restaurants sights bars etc. That goes the same for Kyoto, Tokyo and maybe a few other cites too. I fly into Osaka and out of Tokyo 10 nights in total. I will probably get another bullet train pass

more
    • What to do in Odwara?

Odawara Feb 23, 2015 at 8:11 PM

What's the most interesting thing to do in Odawara if you only have a few hours?

more
    • English Pub called Footnik in Shinjuku

Shinjuku Feb 19, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Is there an English Pub, Footnik, where they show football games live on big screen in Shinjuku? Thank You

more
    • megscharpf's Profile Photo

itinerary suggestions

Japan Feb 24, 2015 at 8:05 AM

Hi I could really use some advice on an itinerary!! We are a family of four going to Japan in June 4 weeks . I'm very excited! Tokyo, climbing Mount Fuji (we are experienced hikers) Kyoto are on the list, we plan to get the rail passes for 2 or 3 weeks. We have two teenage boys and we heard there's amazing theme parks too (but from the Los Angeles area so we're not interested in Universal Studios / Disney Land) we love nature, adventure , hiking , culture, architecture and food!! I need a sample itinerary and also... should we include Okinawa?

Thank you so much!
      Any advice/favorite places restaurant etc. very much appreciated!
      Meg

more
    • Tokyo Weather in March

Tokyo Feb 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM

Hi, I will be in Tokyo (with my wife and a 9 yr old son) from 14th - 21st Mar and in Kyoto 21st Mar - 27th Mar. I see that the temperature varies between a max of 13 deg and min of 4 deg celsius. Does it mean that reasonable amount of winter clothing will be needed ? Also I see that the rainfall increases markedly in March from Feb. Does it mean I should expect most of the days to be rainy / cloudy ? Also when it rains, does it pour (like Monsoon in India) or is it more like a drizzle ? Also should I take one of the Mt Fuji trips from Tokyo in case expecation is that the mountain will hide behind a cover of cloud ? Apology for so many questions but given that all are related to weather, though I should ask them in one place. Thank you for your help in advance.

more

virgin trip to Tokyo for 6 nights

Tokyo Feb 1, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Hello VTers,
      It's my virgin trip to tokyo Japan in late March and I have Afew questions in mind;

1) I need help on recommendation of 3* hotels within distance of halal eateries n preferably train station.
      Was looking in e area of shinjuku but I'm open for other options too

2) is there any airport shuttle from the airport to hotel? Or maybe shared transportation from airport to hotel for 4 adults?
      3) which telco service(data) for a week is affordable to buy and where can I buy those SIM card? Advisable to get from airport?
      4) is there any tourist card for transportation that I cn purchase since we will be travelling a lot using public?
      5) the Sakura flowers season is coming, where is the best place to see ? Preferably free parks ?
      6) I was planning for a trip to Mount Fuji.can I travel by public? Or is there any affordable tour packages that I cn purchase?
      Is full day enough?
      7)what are interesting places to go for cheap buys ?
      8) for someone who loves art, design n fashion.. Any recommendation of must-see places ?
      Thank you! I really hope awesome VTers like U can help me out.

more
    • When to go??

Japan Feb 11, 2015 at 12:03 PM

I'm travelling to Japan later this year - I've had to change my travel dates, and have been offered either Mid June for 10 days, or early December for the same amount of time. I intend to take lots of photos, and have heard June is generally overcast and rainy, whilst December can be bright and dry?
      I would be travelling to Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, Osaka and Hiroshima. Any suggestions on the best time to go?

more
    • How can I get on Internet while I am travling around Japan? Is there a Temporary SIM card or WIFI?

Japan Feb 1, 2015 at 10:22 PM

I will go to Japan with my best friends in spring to see the Sakura,and I like to upload and share pics on Instagram.
      I heard about there are some free wifi spots in Japan but I want to use the internet anytime and anywhere...

Is there a Temporary SIM card or WIFI for my phone?

We will arrive at NARITA by the way

more

23 March to 30 march 2015

Tokyo Feb 3, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Hi VTers,
      Anyone knows why are all hotels fully booked on these dates? 23-30march?
      I plan to travel on these dates n even bought tickets but I Cnt find any hotels in shinjuku, ueno n afew more..

more
    • tokyo/kyoto/osaka

Japan Feb 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM

we are in late 70s, healthy, do not like long walk/hike, on budget, want to see part of Japan on 4/30-5/10/15, where should I start, tokyo/kyoto/osaka; definitely want to go Mt. Fuji; any suggestion on each place the cheapest means of transport; in/around; how many days in each area? if possible, come in/out fr/to USA same airport thank you. connie/kerry

more
    • quekzr's Profile Photo

Itinerary Check (6D5N)

by quekzr Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to Hokkaido for the first time this coming June, for 6 days and 5 nights. I will be travelling with my mum, and neither of us can drive, so we will have to rely on public transport the entire trip. My current itinerary looks like this:
      Day 1: Arrive in New Chitose at night (8pm) and travel to Sapporo
      Days 2-3: Sapporo (day trip to Otaru)
      Day 4: Furano/Biel
      Day 5: Lake Toya/Noboribetsu
      Day 6: Lake Toya/Noboribetsu in the morning, followed by Rera and New Chitose in the afternoon/evening before a flight to Tokyo at night.

Will it be too rushed?
      Also, will I be able to make this work by purchasing a 4-day JR Pass? Thank you all so much!!

11 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • mnutsy's Profile Photo

Toya-ko to Noboribetsu Onsen bus over Orofofure Pass

by mnutsy Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I hope to catch the bus from Toya-ko to Noboribetsu Onsen over Orofofure Pass on Sat 19 April 2014. Does anyone know the timetable (leaving about lunchtime or mid afternoon) or a link to a site for the bus timetable?

regards, Mnutsy (Australia)

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • Itineraries Planning

by 2318_TW Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Hi, visiting Hokkaido from 24 Dec to 3 Jan 2014 during Winter Season, will need advise on the places that wanted to visit which is Hakodate, Lake Toya, Niseko and Noboribetsu for Onsen and Ski Resort will be Tomamu and Sohoro. I have been to Sapporo last year thus not visting. I will be arriving & departing at New Chitose Airport.

Thanks much

1 Answer Oct 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    • Good Recommendation for Private Onsen in Hokkaido

by 2318_TW Online Now Oct 17, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Will like to check is there any Ensuite Private Onsen in Hokkiado hotel or Ryokan, again not too costly as understand that for private onsen is already "X" but just want to know the lowest for Private Onsen that anyone can advice or recommend. I will be arriving into Sapporo and prefer not too far away between 1-2 hours away from Sapporo will be great.

It will also be best if it's near to a Ski Resort.

Thanks once again.

• milliturtle's Profile Photo

Takinoue Park and Kamiyubetsu Tulip Park

by milliturtle Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Hi, my friend and I are going to be in Sapporo(ish) for a few days in May. I saw that it is the season for the Shibazakura and would really like to visit Takinoue Park and the tulip park. However, it looks extremely difficult to reach Takinoue by public transport. (Or it could be easy but I cannot get decent translations of the Japanese webpages online.) If anyone can give me some idea of how to get to Takinoue from Asahikawa or Sapporo, that'll be much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone know of any day tours originating from Sapporo to both parks. Alternatively, we may go to Asahikawa the night before and try to join a tour from there. I've emailed Asahikawa Tourism and they said the 2012 tour schedule is not available yet. I know last year they only have these tours on the weekends, so they may not be a viable option depending on our schedule.

We also considered renting a car, but my friend and I only know how to drive automatic. Would this be a problem? Also, is it difficult to drive in Hokkaido? (road conditions, straight forward directions, etc)

While we're at it, do you know if there is a reasonably priced ryokan with a private bath in the area? We are a bit shy about using a public onsen and my friend said one option is to book a room with a private bath.

Thanks.

6 Answers Feb 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    • jamiezhuo's Profile Photo

Public transportation in Hokkaido

by jamiezhuo Online Now Oct 30, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Hi all,

I am planing to do a skiing trip at Niseko in coming late January. Initially, I was planning to rent a car and explore some of the scenic places in Hokkaido, however, it seems that the roads will be icy and covered with snow, not a wise choice to drive a car. May I know how is the public transportation such trains and buses there ? Is it easy to move around with them ? I heard they are expensive and infrequent, is it true ? I will going during chinese new year period, will the shops be closed or transportation be a problem ?

Thanks a lot for your advice !!

7 Answers Oct 31, 2011 at 2:40 AM
    • Personal guide for Dec holiday

by Eneo Online Now Oct 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Hi , I'm from Singapore n am planning for a trip to Hokkaido on last week of Dec. As it's my first trip & am traveling alone, I hope to engage someone to show me around & travel with me, OR if there's anyone traveling to Hokkaido during same period, we may hook up and travel together . Hope to hear from u guys, cheers!

1 Answer Nov 21, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    • Trying to book accommodation in Rumoi

by tiny_168 Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Greetings,

Can anyone advise how I can book a hotel in Rumoi? The 3 hotel listing in Jalan.net are all in Japanese which I cannot understand.

Ryan

8 Answers Sep 27, 2011 at 3:08 AM
    • gilbertSGD's Profile Photo

New to hokkaido

by gilbertSGD Online Now Jan 1, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Hello, this will be my first time going to hokkaido in january. I just want to ask what kind of clothes should i wear? how many layers should i wear ? should i wear boots with thermal soles ? should i get heat packs to keep myself warm ? what is the temperature at hokkaido now ? PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS AS I AM GOING TO LEAVE SOON and i have been staying in a one hot season country and i am afraid the weather will be too extreme for me .. thanks alot

4 Answers Jan 8, 2011 at 2:02 AM
    • planning tovisit Hokkaido

by Doreenlim Online Now Mar 13, 2010 at 2:04 AM

We're thinking of going on our own to explore Hokkaido. Anyone have any tips on what must see/must do etc.. for our plan?
      Appreciate your help.

• Transportation at Hokkaido for 8 persons

by mictak Online Now Mar 10, 2010 at 6:24 AM

We plan to travel around Hokkaido from 8th to 21st July 2010 with total of 8 person. The major cities and tourist site we plan to visit are SAPPORO, OTARU, Hakodate, LAKE TOYA, NOBORIBETSU, Lake Akan, Lake Mashu, Utoro, Abashiri, SUNKYO, ASAHIKAWA, Furano & New Chintose Airport.

Please help to advise best option of transportation to travel this location and how can we arrange it & estimate cost.
      1. By JR Rail Pass
      2. Rental of Van with 8 seater
      3. Rental of 2 Car with 2x 4 seater

Thanks You
      Michael

2 Answers May 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    • Tokyo to Hokkaido

by jamiekyt Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 6:18 AM

I'm planning visit Japan in month of July 2010.
      May i know what is the best option travel from Tokyo to Hokkaido in details.
      I need to know about the type of transportation (train or flight?) from where/which location to Hokkaido, how much it cost, and how long its the journey take. Thanks in advance :)
      Heard language is a problem to travel around, its that true?

2 Answers Mar 2, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    • vaara's Profile Photo

Ryokan with onsen and kaiseki?

by vaara Online Now Nov 2, 2002 at 8:12 AM

So, I'm thinking about taking another week-long vacation in Japan in late November/early December. Last time I went to Tokyo and Nikko, both of which I enjoyed thoroughly; but this time I'm thinking about trying something different. Can anyone recommend a fairly comfortable onsen-style resort with nice scenery and great food on Hokkaido? I'm especially interested in experiencing a true kaiseki-style meal, and of course in soaking in a nice ofuro while gazing out on snow-covered mountains. Skiing would be a bonus, but is not required. Unfortunately, I speak no Japanese, so the inn should be able to cope with English. Someone tell me where to go (nicely)! Arigato gozaimasu!

2 Answers Apr 8, 2009 at 3:26 AM