Hokkaido

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• seal watching

Wakkanai Mar 23, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Is April a good month for a seal watching?

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 3:37 AM
    • Costco sapporo

Sapporo Mar 9, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Me and my husband will visit in May and would like to go Costco Sapporo. However, we don't have membership. Does anyone can introduce a person to bring us in? Or, a method how to shop there without membership?
      Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • tour guides

Muroran Feb 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM

are there any English-speaking tour guides available that could meet a cruise ship and take my wife and I on a 4-6 hour tour of the Muroran area?

5 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    • Bring a seafood on the fligh

Sapporo Jan 18, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Hi all, I need advice, I noticed that Hokkaido is famous with seafood, my question is it is possible to buy seafood in New Chitose Airport and bring on the flight as carry-baggage? Since I didn't have much time to stop in other market to buy and I have limited time went I arrived at New Chitose Airport.. Thank You

2 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 6:31 AM
    • Anime in hokkaido

Hokkaido Jan 15, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hi, is there any place I can buy anime figurines in Hokkaido? Thank you

2 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 1:57 AM
    • quekzr's Profile Photo

Itinerary Check (6D5N)

Hokkaido Jan 12, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to Hokkaido for the first time this coming June, for 6 days and 5 nights. I will be travelling with my mum, and neither of us can drive, so we will have to rely on public transport the entire trip. My current itinerary looks like this:
      Day 1: Arrive in New Chitose at night (8pm) and travel to Sapporo
      Days 2-3: Sapporo (day trip to Otaru)
      Day 4: Furano/Biel
      Day 5: Lake Toya/Noboribetsu
      Day 6: Lake Toya/Noboribetsu in the morning, followed by Rera and New Chitose in the afternoon/evening before a flight to Tokyo at night.

Will it be too rushed?
      Also, will I be able to make this work by purchasing a 4-day JR Pass? Thank you all so much!!

11 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • Should I buy 7 day JR rail pass or buy indivdual train tickets for the 8 days we are staying??

Hokkaido Dec 6, 2013 at 4:37 AM

I am planning to stay in Sapporo from 10 Jan to 17 (which is 8 days....), and I am not sure if I would be better off buying 7 day JR pass or indivdual tickets. The problem is I do not have the price list

Now here's the breakdown

1st Day
      Sappporo airport to Sapporo

2nd Day
      From Sapporo to Asahikawa return trip

3rd Day
      Sapporo around the city, so most likely in city but I am not sure if it can be used for tram??

4th Day
      Sapporo to Lake Toya resort for 1 night. (The hotel provided free shuttle bus from Sapporo to the hotel and will arrive at resort at 4pm, but we may consider to take by JR rail early in morning to make use of the day and facility there but then again, it depends on the answer here too!)

5th Day
      Lake Toya to Noboribetsu resort for 1 night

6th Day
      Noboribetsu to Sapporo

7th Day
      Sapporo to Otaru return

• 8th Day

Because it has passed 7th day, obviously, we will have to buy the train ticket to airport seperately which we don't know how much it cost 1 way from Sapporo to Airport!

I know for the JR 7 day pass is 25,500 yen but I wanted to know if I break down the price indivdually, how much would it cost or where is the website that shows it?

Your answer and help will be appreciated!

3 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    • Arthur_c5064's Profile Photo

Lake Shikotsu to Sapporo via Route 453

Sapporo Nov 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Hi there,

I'll be staying south of Sapporo near Lake Shikotsu for 2 nights in Dec 2013. We were hoping to be able to visit Sapporo city during our stay here, but we are not sure how long is the road journey gonna take us? we have a rental car to travel around.

Welcome your advice on our best possible option. Cheers

Arthur
      Singapore

2 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    • Winter Clothing For Sapporo.

Sapporo Nov 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Hi All,

I am going to visit Sapporo during the snow festival and I was wondering what kind of clothes would be required to visit Sapporo. I am from India ( and a hot city from South) and currently live in Tokyo and I was planning to get a couple of Uniqlo Ultra Light Down for this Winter.( Its damn light)

But I am not sure whether this will be enough for the Sapporo Climate. I am going to layer myself but still, will it be enough to hold up the heat? Any other recommendations_

6 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    • Is Nobo worth visiting in winter?

Noboribetsu Oct 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM

How many days do I need to see the place without rushing :)

1 Answer Oct 21, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    • mnutsy's Profile Photo

Toya-ko to Noboribetsu Onsen bus over Orofofure Pass

Hokkaido Oct 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I hope to catch the bus from Toya-ko to Noboribetsu Onsen over Orofofure Pass on Sat 19 April 2014. Does anyone know the timetable (leaving about lunchtime or mid afternoon) or a link to a site for the bus timetable?

regards, Mnutsy (Australia)

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • Itineraries Planning

Hokkaido Sep 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Hi, visiting Hokkaido from 24 Dec to 3 Jan 2014 during Winter Season, will need advise on the places that wanted to visit which is Hakodate, Lake Toya, Niseko and Noboribetsu for Onsen and Ski Resort will be Tomamu and Sohoro. I have been to Sapporo last year thus not visting. I will be arriving & departing at New Chitose Airport.

Thanks much

1 Answer Oct 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    • Days in Sapporo

Sapporo Sep 16, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Is 7 days too long to spend in Sapporo?

6 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    • Private transportation for VIP s

Hokkaido Sep 14, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Need some recommendation from any, as I will be arranging a tour in Hokkaido with some VIP . We need a executive mini bus for about 12 pax with English speaking driver and guide
      Thanks. Ish

1 Answer Sep 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    • Skillmus's Profile Photo

Travel from Narita airport to Sapporo via bus...

Sapporo Aug 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Is it possible to travel by express or regular bus service from Narita airport to Sapporo?
      I have lots of free time and would like to see the country side slower than taking a flight or a train.
      Thanks in advance for your time...Yoku dekimashita...

7 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    • Supermarket in Honkawacho, Hiroshima?

Hiroshima Jun 30, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is a big supermarket in Honkawacho, or where the closest one is (not a convenience store).

2 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    • TreverShick's Profile Photo

Run from Hakodate to Lake Onuma

Hakodate Mar 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM

im planning to run to lake onuma from hakodate. are there roads that go from hakodate to lake onuma? i would prefer to NOT run on highways if possible.

5 Answers Apr 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    • Good Recommendation for Private Onsen in Hokkaido

Hokkaido Oct 17, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Will like to check is there any Ensuite Private Onsen in Hokkiado hotel or Ryokan, again not too costly as understand that for private onsen is already "X" but just want to know the lowest for Private Onsen that anyone can advice or recommend. I will be arriving into Sapporo and prefer not too far away between 1-2 hours away from Sapporo will be great.

It will also be best if it's near to a Ski Resort.

Thanks once again.

• Good Recommendation for Private Onsen with Good View in Hokkaido

Hokkaido Oct 14, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Will like to check is there any Ensuite Private Onsen in Hokkiado hotel or Ryokan, again not too costly as understand that for private onsen is already "X" but just want to know the lowest for Private Onsen that anyone can advice or recommend.

It will be great if it's near to a Ski Resort.

Thanks once again.

3 Answers Oct 17, 2012 at 6:08 AM
    • Grevil's Profile Photo

Visit to Sapporo by ship

Sapporo Apr 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM

We will be visiting Sapporo from a cruise ship.
      Is the cruise ship whalf reasonable walking distance from the centre of the city?
      What is the 2 main sights/features of Sapporo we should see whilst we are there?
      Many thanks for any info.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Reserved seat on Hamanasu train

Sapporo Mar 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Hi, I'm hoping to take the Hamanasu night train from Sapporo to Aomori. I understand that I can try to reserve a seat in the Carpet car or Dream car without incurring extra charges if I have a JR Pass. The problem is that we only arrive in Japan about 3 days before this leg of the trip.

Do you know how difficult it is to reserve those types of seats for a Monday night in mid May? Do you think we'll have trouble getting a reserved seat if we only reserve 3 days in advance? If those seats are not available, is it usually easy to get a regular seat?

Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 6, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    • Tours Muroran - Sapporo

Muroran Mar 3, 2012 at 5:22 AM

We will be visiting Muroran port on cruise ship Diamond Princess on 8th May.
      Interested in seeing native village and volcano attractions near Muroran as well as the cherry blossom in Maruyama Park.
      We understand the distance between Muroran and Sapporo, but can we get a taxi / hire driver to collect us at the ship and provide such a day trip to take in these attractions? If so at what cost?
      Thankyou

Bill and Diane

1 Answer Mar 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Takinoue Park and Kamiyubetsu Tulip Park

Hokkaido Feb 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Hi, my friend and I are going to be in Sapporo(ish) for a few days in May. I saw that it is the season for the Shibazakura and would really like to visit Takinoue Park and the tulip park. However, it looks extremely difficult to reach Takinoue by public transport. (Or it could be easy but I cannot get decent translations of the Japanese webpages online.) If anyone can give me some idea of how to get to Takinoue from Asahikawa or Sapporo, that'll be much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone know of any day tours originating from Sapporo to both parks. Alternatively, we may go to Asahikawa the night before and try to join a tour from there. I've emailed Asahikawa Tourism and they said the 2012 tour schedule is not available yet. I know last year they only have these tours on the weekends, so they may not be a viable option depending on our schedule.

We also considered renting a car, but my friend and I only know how to drive automatic. Would this be a problem? Also, is it difficult to drive in Hokkaido? (road conditions, straight forward directions, etc)

While we're at it, do you know if there is a reasonably priced ryokan with a private bath in the area? We are a bit shy about using a public onsen and my friend said one option is to book a room with a private bath.

Thanks.

6 Answers Feb 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    • Place to recommend for skiing in hokkaido - beginner

Hokkaido Jan 24, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hi, I'm a beginner very new to skiing and will be going hokkaido from Feb 8 to 13. Me and my boyfriend plan to go skiing but not sure where to choose yet, we know that niseko, furano are quite well know if I'm staying at sapporo, will it be far? Have anyone heard of Kiroro ski world? Please recommend, manyh thanks!

Cheryl

2 Answers Jan 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    • Where can I find seafood and crab in Noboribetsu

Noboribetsu Nov 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Hi, I am going to Noboribetsu and want to find fresh seafood meal. Is there any seafood or fish market nearby? if yes, can I have the name and address please, thanks in advance..

1 Answer Nov 20, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    • whistleshrill's Profile Photo

Children activities in Dec

Hokkaido Nov 9, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Hi All

I would like to ask if there are any theme parks in Hokkaido and which parts of Hokkaido would be perfect for a family of about 8, including two children aged 8 and 6.

I am planning to make the trip in Dec, next month.

Thank you for your help.

1 Answer Nov 9, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    • jamiezhuo's Profile Photo

Public transportation in Hokkaido

Hokkaido Oct 30, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Hi all,

I am planing to do a skiing trip at Niseko in coming late January. Initially, I was planning to rent a car and explore some of the scenic places in Hokkaido, however, it seems that the roads will be icy and covered with snow, not a wise choice to drive a car. May I know how is the public transportation such trains and buses there ? Is it easy to move around with them ? I heard they are expensive and infrequent, is it true ? I will going during chinese new year period, will the shops be closed or transportation be a problem ?

Thanks a lot for your advice !!

7 Answers Oct 31, 2011 at 2:40 AM
    • Personal guide for Dec holiday

Hokkaido Oct 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Hi , I'm from Singapore n am planning for a trip to Hokkaido on last week of Dec. As it's my first trip & am traveling alone, I hope to engage someone to show me around & travel with me, OR if there's anyone traveling to Hokkaido during same period, we may hook up and travel together . Hope to hear from u guys, cheers!

1 Answer Nov 21, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    • alex_aroundtheworld's Profile Photo

In Nara or in Japan in October2011??

Nara Sep 21, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Hi,

Who would be in Nara or Osaka, Hiroshima or close there whatsover in the time of October 1 to 9???

Or Tokyo that time?

Please email me as I might be there too and would like to know who else is there and would like to do something together. Just mail me directly

thanks
      alex

• best way to travel from Cruise ships to Sappor downtown

Sapporo Sep 14, 2011 at 11:24 PM

What are the ways that one can travel to the Sapporo downtown and get around while in Sapporo and then return to the cruise ship dock. What is the most economical and which is the most efficient and what are the costs for each? Are there Tour operators that service the port area?

2 Answers Sep 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM