Hoi An

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ferry Service HCMC to Vung Tau

Vietnam Nov 28, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Is there any updates on when the ferry service from HCMC to Vung Tau will resume if ever ?
      Regards
      bkc1000

more
    • are there any buses from District 1 to the airport?

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

where do they leave? how often? what's the cost?

more
    • Than Kieu resort

Phu Quoc Dec 9, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Is there somebody Whois has been there ? Pls. Quote or Tell about experience
      Thanks

more
    • bus from district 1 to airport in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

are there any buses leaving the city to go to the airport? Looking to depart from District 1.
      Where and how often do they leave? What's the cost?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Island entry fee to Phu Quoc?

Phu Quoc Dec 7, 2014 at 6:27 AM

I read somewhere which says that tourists leaving the airport area of Phu Quoc have to pay island entry fee of 20000 Dong. Is it true?

more
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

Nha Trang Nov 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Hi.. I plan to visit N/T in Jan and do my basic open water diving. Wanted to know which islands are good to see marine life and if the waters are clear. Also which is a good diving school.

Thanks

Neha

more
    • Need help on tour guide's quotation

Hanoi Nov 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Me along with friends (4 pax) are travelling to Hanoi during 24 Dec - 28 Dec. I am checking with English guided tour guides in online and they have given me 2 options as below with rate of 350 USD & 775 USD. I find these rates are crazy. Can you guys help me to validate it. Is it really that costly? What are alternatives for me to get cheaper guided tours?

I, option 1 : Hanoi city tour- Sapa
      1, 25-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30. We will visit below interesting places:
      -Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and his house
      -Temple of Literature
      Lunch time at an Indian restaurant
      -Vietnam museum of Ethnology
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 16:00
      2, Sapa by train (3 days/2nights) (from 25-Dec to 28-Dec)
      The train to Sapa will depart in the evening at 21:15 and arrive Lao Cai at 06:15
      So 25-Dec, 20:15 Pick-up at the hotel. T.sfer to railway station for a night train to Sa Pa
      Day1 (26-Dec): Lao Cai – Cat Cat – Sin Chai Villages (B,L,D)
      AM: 7h30 arrive Lao Cai, pick up at Lao Cai Station then T.sfer to Sapa (35km). You will have breakfast in the hotel, check in hotel (3 stars) .After lunch trek to Cat Cat and Sin Chai villages of Black H’Mong tribe .Enjoy the waterfall in Cat Cat and beautiful scenery along the way . Back to hotel for dinner and enjoy the night in Sapa town .
      App .4 hours trekking – 8 km .- Meals: B – L – D Accommodation: Hotel.
      Day 2 (27-Dec): Lao Chai – Ta Van Villages – Lao Cai Station (B,L)
      After breakfast you will check out and leave your luggage in the hotel, get ready for the trip. Trek down to Lao Chai village to visit the Tay and Day tribes then keep going along the bottom of the Sapa valley to get to Ta Van village which is supposed to be the most beautiful one in the area. Have a picnic lunch on the way. You go back to Sapa by motorbike/jeep. Back to Lao Cai Station by private car .Overnight at the A/C soft sleeper cabin train to Hanoi . The train will start at 20:15 date 27-Dec and arrive Hanoi at 4:30 AM date 28-Dec
      Included:

• • Private car for Hanoi city tour and lunch at Indian restaurant,

• Pick up in Hanoi city for Sapa tour
      • Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (A/C soft sleeper 4 berths cabin)
      • A/C tourist car during Group Tour in Lao Cai – Sa Pa – Lao Cai
      • 2 private room in a 3 star hotel in sapa
      • Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner, with vegetarian foods
      • English speaking guide
      • EnT.ce fee
      Excluded:
      • International & domestic flight ticket
      • Visa arrangement
      • Drinks, travel insurance, other meals

Price: USD345/pax

II, option 2: Hanoi-Mai chau- Ninh Ninh
      date 25-Dec: Hanoi - Mai Chau, homestay (L,D)
      8am: Depart from Hanoi by private vehicle to Mai Chau Village. the gateway to the impressive mountainous area of northern Vietnam. The drive is very nice with stunning view of mountains, valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies. We would have a stop enroute for refreshment. Keep our driving up to Mai Chau. We reach Mai Chau at about 12:00 noon. Enjoy lunch in a local house.
      In the afternoon, we will take a loop walk through surrounding rice paddies and villages around Mai Chau, in here you will see how local people working, plan and harvest water rice. You will also see animals like buffaloes, pigs, cats, goats…freely around. Walk back to the village.
      After dinner you will have a chance to see special tradition Thai’s dance until late evening.
      Overnight in the stilt house with the friendly Thai ethnic people.

Date 26-Dec: Mai Chau – Ninh Binh (B,L,D)
      Breakfast in the home stay and then T.sfer to Ninh Binh. Visit Temple of Dinh and Le Dynasties. Riding bicycle to Tam Coc for lunch. After lunch take the rowing boat to visit Tam Coc (Three Grottos) the mountains & caves regarded as "Ha Long Bay‘s in land".
      Move to Bich Dong (Jade Grotto) to visit the pagoda which situated on the mountain where the film "Indochina” was took place. Overnight in Ninh Binh.
      Date 27-Dec: Ninh Binh – Hanoi (B,L,D)
      After breakfast, check out hotel and will go to Bai Dinh pagoda. Bai Dinh pagoda is a large population known as many records such as: the largest pagoda of Vietnam, the biggest gold - plated copper of Asia and the longest lobby in Asia. The pagoda is located at the western of the ancient capital Hoa Lu, belonging to Gia Sinh commune, Ninh Binh. It is far about 15 kilometers from Ninh Binh province and 95 kilometers from Hanoi. Bai Dinh Pagoda population has the area of 539 hectares including 27 hectares of ancient Bai Dinh pagoda, 80 hectares of new Bai Dinh area.
      End the tour and go back to Hanoi around 17:00
      Date 28-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30.
      We will visit below interesting places:
      -Temple of Literature
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 15:00

PACKAGE PRICE : 778 USD/ 1 PAX
      Costs include:
      - T.sportation
      - Homestay in Mai Chau
      - 4 Stars hotel in Ninh Binh or resort
      - Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners in Itinerary with with vegetarian foods
      - EnT.ce and sightseeing fees
      - Tradition Thai’s dance showing
      - English speaking guide
      Costs exclude:
      • Visa arrangement
      • Tips & personal expenses.

more
    • Need help on tour guide's quotation

Hanoi Nov 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Me along with friends (4 pax) are travelling to Hanoi during 24 Dec - 28 Dec. I am checking with English guided tour guides in online and they have given me 2 options as below with rate of 350 USD & 775 USD. I find these rates are crazy. Can you guys help me to validate it. Is it really that costly? What are alternatives for me to get cheaper guided tours?

I, option 1 : Hanoi city tour- Sapa
      1, 25-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30. We will visit below interesting places:
      -Temple of Literature
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 16:00
      2, Sapa by train (3 days/2nights) (from 25-Dec to 28-Dec)
      The train to Sapa will depart in the evening at 21:15 and arrive Lao Cai at 06:15
      So 25-Dec, 20:15 Pick-up at the hotel. T.sfer to railway station for a night train to Sa Pa
      Day1 (26-Dec): Lao Cai – Cat Cat – Sin Chai Villages (B,L,D)
      AM: 7h30 arrive Lao Cai, pick up at Lao Cai Station then T.sfer to Sapa (35km). You will have breakfast in the hotel, check in hotel (3 stars) .After lunch trek to Cat Cat and Sin Chai villages of Black H’Mong tribe .Enjoy the waterfall in Cat Cat and beautiful scenery along the way . Back to hotel for dinner and enjoy the night in Sapa town .
      App .4 hours trekking – 8 km .- Meals: B – L – D Accommodation: Hotel.
      Day 2 (27-Dec): Lao Chai – Ta Van Villages – Lao Cai Station (B,L)
      After breakfast you will check out and leave your luggage in the hotel, get ready for the trip. Trek down to Lao Chai village to visit the Tay and Day tribes then keep going along the bottom of the Sapa valley to get to Ta Van village which is supposed to be the most beautiful one in the area. Have a picnic lunch on the way. You go back to Sapa by motorbike/jeep. Back to Lao Cai Station by private car .Overnight at the A/C soft sleeper cabin train to Hanoi . The train will start at 20:15 date 27-Dec and arrive Hanoi at 4:30 AM date 28-Dec
      Included:

• • Private car for Hanoi city tour and lunch at Indian restaurant,

• Pick up in Hanoi city for Sapa tour
      • Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (A/C soft sleeper 4 berths cabin)
      • A/C tourist car during Group Tour in Lao Cai – Sa Pa – Lao Cai
      • 2 private room in a 3 star hotel in sapa
      • Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner, with vegetarian foods
      • English speaking guide
      • EnT.ce fee
      Excluded:
      • Visa arrangement

Price: USD345/pax

II, option 2: Hanoi-Mai chau- Ninh Ninh
      date 25-Dec: Hanoi - Mai Chau, homestay (L,D)
      8am: Depart from Hanoi by private vehicle to Mai Chau Village. the gateway to the impressive mountainous area of northern Vietnam. The drive is very nice with stunning view of mountains, valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies. We would have a stop enroute for refreshment. Keep our driving up to Mai Chau. We reach Mai Chau at about 12:00 noon. Enjoy lunch in a local house.
      In the afternoon, we will take a loop walk through surrounding rice paddies and villages around Mai Chau, in here you will see how local people working, plan and harvest water rice. You will also see animals like buffaloes, pigs, cats, goats…freely around. Walk back to the village.
      After dinner you will have a chance to see special tradition Thai’s dance until late evening.
      Overnight in the stilt house with the friendly Thai ethnic people.

Date 26-Dec: Mai Chau – Ninh Binh (B,L,D)
      Breakfast in the home stay and then T.sfer to Ninh Binh. Visit Temple of Dinh and Le Dynasties. Riding bicycle to Tam Coc for lunch. After lunch take the rowing boat to visit Tam Coc (Three Grottos) the mountains & caves regarded as "Ha Long Bay‘s in land".
      Move to Bich Dong (Jade Grotto) to visit the pagoda which situated on the mountain where the film "Indochina” was took place. Overnight in Ninh Binh.
      Date 27-Dec: Ninh Binh – Hanoi (B,L,D)
      After breakfast, check out hotel and will go to Bai Dinh pagoda. Bai Dinh pagoda is a large population known as many records such as: the largest pagoda of Vietnam, the biggest gold - plated copper of Asia and the longest lobby in Asia. The pagoda is located at the western of the ancient capital Hoa Lu, belonging to Gia Sinh commune, Ninh Binh. It is far about 15 kilometers from Ninh Binh province and 95 kilometers from Hanoi. Bai Dinh Pagoda population has the area of 539 hectares including 27 hectares of ancient Bai Dinh pagoda, 80 hectares of new Bai Dinh area.
      End the tour and go back to Hanoi around 17:00
      Date 28-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30.
      We will visit below interesting places:
      -Temple of Literature
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 15:00

PACKAGE PRICE : 778 USD/ 1 PAX
      Costs include:
      - T.sportation
      - Homestay in Mai Chau
      - 4 Stars hotel in Ninh Binh or resort
      - Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners in Itinerary with with vegetarian foods
      - EnT.ce and sightseeing fees
      - Tradition Thai’s dance showing
      - English speaking guide
      Costs exclude:
      • Visa arrangement
      • Tips & personal expenses.

more
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Weather in Jan first week

Vietnam Yesterday

Hi.. We are visiting Ho chi Minh and Nha trang in Jan and want to know what would the weather be so I can pack acc.. Don't want to pack the wrong clothes and fill up the bags.. Thank in advance

Happy Holidays

more
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Michelia Saigon Hotel

Ho Chi Minh City Dec 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Hi Everyone. Coming to HCMC for 3 ngts and I saw this lovely hotel on Hotels.com called Michelia Saigon Hotel but there are absolutely no reviews about it. Also they dont have a website. Has anyone stayed or seen this hotel? Please pass on some information as it looks impressive.

Thanks

more
    • Express bus HCM to BMT

Buon Ma Thuot Nov 28, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Anyone have clues to the Express bus SGN/HCM to Buon Ma Thuot ? 18hrs listed for regular bus and I don't wish to fly.

Richard older Uc Dai Loi (Aussie) traveller

more
    • Guided Tours in Hanoi

Hanoi Nov 25, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hi I am planning to visit Hanoi/Sapa during 24 Dec - 28 Dec (we are 4 people together). I searched for english speaking tour guides online and in touch with 2-3 guides who will give me customized packages (excluding airfare + hotel accommodation). I am surprised to know that they are charging 300 USD - 700 USD/person. Does it really cost so much for personal guides?
      Can you tell me what are other alternatives for guided tours. Do we get in Hanoi itself? Anyone can give some contact point. Thanks.

more
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

USD or VND ?

Hanoi Dec 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Ringgit depreciate a lot this few days, changing to USD or VND has different amount, would like to know which currency is well acceptance. I follow a tour, notice to spend on meal.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Motorcycles more than normal taxis in Phu Quoc?

Phu Quoc Dec 3, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Is it true that there are more motorcycles than car taxis in Phu Quoc? If so, is it advisable to bring along the hand luggage with wheels or just sling bag and shoulder bag? I am going on a trip that starts from Singapore to Phu Quoc before proceeding to Ho Chi Minh City and my final destination Vientiane.

more
    • Traveling with 3 kids

Vietnam Nov 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Hi Everyone,
      My husband and I are traveling to Vietnam with our 3 kids ( twins 5 yrs and infant 1 yr). This is our first time traveling to Vietnam with our kids. We wanted to visit the following places: Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, and Hue. Since we're traveling with kids, will it be better to join a tour or go in our own? Any advise or recommendation will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to spend a few hours in Phu Quoc?

Phu Quoc Nov 29, 2014 at 2:14 AM

May I know what can I see in a few hours in Phu Quoc besides the new international airport of Phu Quoc? My flight arrives in Phu Quoc at 3.45 pm before leaving for Ho Chi Minh City after 7 pm. Is there any fish sauce or black pepper manufacturing centres open to tourists there?

more

Near Hoi An

• Hoi an safety ?

by lhteoh Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Planning to visit Hoi an in Oct 2014. Is it safe to go in view of the trouble ?
      Are there any mud crabs or nice seafoods ?
      Any recommendations of seafoods restaurant ?

5 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    • A good (and not overprized) tailor in Hoi An

by SLD1967 Online Now Sep 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Can anyone recommend a good tailor that is not too expensive in Hoi An?

1 Answer Sep 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    • Hoi An Post office

by dganitbz Online Now Nov 13, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Which are the safest ways to send a package (cloths) from Hoi An ?

How long does it take?

Is an Air mail faster?

What are the costs?

Thanks

Dganit

3 Answers Nov 14, 2010 at 2:12 AM
    • FAMPY's Profile Photo

looking for name of hotel

by FAMPY Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Hi,

I'm looking to find the name of a hotel/guesthouse in Hoi an. I'm not giving mush info cause i can't really remember but what i can remember is that the Sinh Cafe bus stopped right out side, it was kind of a backpacker place with a nice indoor pool at the back.

4 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    • judyandmichael's Profile Photo

Good honest tailors in Hoi An

by judyandmichael Online Now Dec 31, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Hi. I am new to the Virtual Tourist website and have been checking out all things in Hoi An. My husband and I intend to travel to Vietnam in Oct 2010 and have three days in Hoi An. We both would like to get some work trousers made and some business shirts for my husband, but do not know of any GOOD and highly recommended tailors in Hoi An. We dread getting there and starting from scratch and big totally ripped off. Any GENUINE recommendations would be most welcomed

6 Answers Jan 27, 2010 at 12:28 AM
    • Advice sought

by Menaughton Online Now Apr 24, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Suggestions requested on best way/best fares to get from Bangkok (arriving early a.m) to Hoi An in July. Any info on recommended hotels in Hoi An also welcome.

6 Answers Apr 29, 2007 at 8:12 AM