Hoi An Travel Answers

change location
NYTim's Profile Photo

Christmas at the beach

by NYTim Online Now Mar 6, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Is the water in late December warm enough to swim and generally romp about in?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: Christmas at the beach

by Gili_S Online Now Mar 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Sure, no problems, I was a bit south of this location but the water were close to 30°c.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • hcosgrave's Profile Photo

by hcosgrave Online Now Mar 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM

The water will be warm enough - however be very carefull of the heavy surf and undertows - unless you are very experienced in dealing with them.
    I was in Hoi An just after New Year's 2010 and the weather was very bad with almost constant rain. The reports were that it was worse further north.
    I had been in Na Trang over Christmas - when it was overcast with heavy surf and a dangerous undertow - all but the most adventurous swam in pools.
    As I love swimming and snorkeling I flew via HCM to PHU Quoc where the weather was idyllic - It was so good I extended my visa and stayed 6 weeks there!!
    Hoi An is well worth visiting - picturesque with great made to measure clothes and shoes - just might not be good for the beach at that time of year.
    Hope this helps!
    Hugh

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Mar 7, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Weather should mostly be nice, but as the previous poster mentions, you should expect some An frequently and must say that i do not like to swim there, but i love just about e verything else about Hoi An.
    It´s the most charming place in all Vietnam i think.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Hoi An