Hoboken Travel Answers

change location
Marina63's Profile Photo

Newark Airport

by Marina63 Online Now Aug 12, 2006 at 6:33 PM

What is the easiest and cheapest way to get from Newark airport to Hoboken.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: Newark Airport

by warreno Online Now Aug 12, 2006 at 8:24 PM

Easiest is a cab. They have a stand @ the airport & will dispatch right outside the terminal. The cabs are large & luggage is no problem & safe.
    newarkairport.com/CommutingT...

There are less expensive ways, but I would not recommend rail unless you have time & patience. Buses are not much better & you would most likely have to go to Manhattan & then back to Hoboken. Hoboken is on the PATH rail system, so travel to NYC is easy & fast. It will bring you up to Penn Station, on 34th Street in Manhattan.
    New Jersey is not all that easy to get around as it is one of the busiest places on earth & where you are talking about is very congested.
    Rush hour times are: 7:30AM-9:30AM & 4:00PM-6:30PM, depending on day of the week & traffic. I grew up in New Jersey & travel out of Newark (EWR) all of the time.
    Have a safe trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Marina63's Profile Photo

Newark Airport

by Marina63 Online Now Aug 13, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Thanks for the info! It is very helpful and the same that I have heard from several different sources. Can you tell me about how much cab fare would be? I have heard40.
    Thanks

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

RE: Newark Airport

by mikelisaanna Online Now Aug 13, 2006 at 12:41 PM

If you do not have much luggage you can take the PATH train from Newark to Hoboken. You get from the airport to the Path train by taking the airport monorail to Newark. However, if you have heavy luggage, it will not be a pleasant experience. If you just have a light carry-on bag, then it is the least expensive way to get to Hoboken. From the train station in Hoboken, you can then get a cab to your final destination within Hoboken for a few extra dollars.

• RE: Newark Airport

by jilltcnj Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 6:54 AM

here's a very simple and cheap way (under10)
    from newark airport, take AirTrain to Newark Liberty International Airport Train Station.
    At Newark Airport Train Station, take a NJ TRANSIT train on the North Jersey Coast Line to Hoboken Station.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines