Hobart Travel Answers

change location

By car

by fabiano1987 Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I want to travel in Tassie by car, but how can I transport my car from Melbourne to Hobart? And how much is it?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: By car

by summa Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 2:22 AM

You take the ferry from Melbourne to Devonport,then drive to Hobart.Sorry can't remember the cost

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ruffled's Profile Photo

Re: By car

by ruffled Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Hi, You'd take the Spirit from Melb to Devonport and then drive to Hobart (or sightsee). I think it's about a 10hours journey on the spirit. Check out the website for costs, availability and schedules :)

http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/

Happy Travels! :)

• margsch's Profile Photo

Re: By car

by margsch Online Now Mar 26, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Spirit of Tasmania, the ferry, has the prices on its webpage, it is only possible to take a car on the ferry from Melbourne to Devonport and return. The drive to Hobart will take about 3 hours from D,port.
    When you look at the website you can add on cost for number of passengers. Although it is possible to sit in a chair all night I strongly recommend having a cabin so that you can sleep. If you are travelling alone there may be other people in your cabin, I pay extra, about100, to have sole use of a cabin. The beds, sorry bunks, are very close together and I don,t fancy being so close and personal with strangers. I,m fairly sure the ferry only travels at night.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines