Hobart Travel Answers

change location

Re: Accomodations

by lifemoveon Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 2:37 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind comments.

I have booked a trip to Tasmania from 10th April - 20th April.

Should I book all the accomodations prior to the trip? Would the internet rates be competitive compared to the walk in rates?

I served the net and saw that innkeepers accomodation cost about A$120 per night. Is that the best rates available?

Hope for more advice as I'm traveling on a budget.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • tropicrd's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Accomodations

by tropicrd Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 3:01 AM

I feel you can get better rates than120 per night,look up the Tasmanian tourist web site or better still check in with vt members page for their input.

I have family in Hobart so will get in touch with them and see if I can find something for you.

I shall return shortly.

Dorrise

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • tropicrd's Profile Photo

by tropicrd Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 3:11 AM

Hi I am back,ok what you need to do is go into vt travel guide and enter Hobart and you will find all you need. My family say120 per night is a rip off in Hobart.Search around on the net and yes you may need to book ahead because Hobart is a small city compared to other cities but is a popular place to visit.

Good luck

Dorrise

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 3:58 AM

I travelled all about Tasmania and never had to pay those sort of prices - maybe theyve gone up an awful lot! - and I never prebooked in advance either.

There are a lot of what we call 'caravan parks' in Australia or 'motor camps' in NZ and UK which have excellent longterm caravans or cabins for rent as you would a hotel room for much cheaper and usually fully equipped with ensuite and TV. Thats usually how I managed to stay cheaper and you can save money as well by cooking your own meals/organising your own food than restaurant food but also allowing for some occasions of trying local dishes.

you could do a google look up and see if the Automobile club of Tasmania - forget now what its officially called - their version of the AA or RACQ/V/NSW - probably have info on caravan parks around Tasmania.

As you travel around too I have found generally you come across motels advertising prices and so on that youd be happy with rather than prebooking more expensive places.

• mgmarcus's Profile Photo

by mgmarcus Online Now Mar 1, 2008 at 6:23 AM

Check out the wotif site just before you go, sometimes there are some good deals if the hotel believes if will not have a full house. Checking right at the momement may be a bit too early.

http://www.wotif.com/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines