Hobart Travel Answers

change location

Antarctic adventure centre?

by TheMcAndrews Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 3:32 AM

Does this centre still operate in Hobart? I've tried unsuccessfully to find any up to date information on it. Our family are travelling to Hobart in August and I would love to take the kids. Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mgmarcus's Profile Photo

Re: Antarctic adventure centre?

by mgmarcus Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 5:07 AM

Looks like it has been closed and the building sold, found the following

"26oct04
    THE new owner of the former Antarctic Adventure building says it will be filled by "something the people of Hobart and Tasmania like". But Tasmanian developer Robert Rockefeller said a decision on its future use was still months away. The state-owned site of the former failed tourism venture was sold to Winrock Investments Pty Ltd for2.4 million."

There is a very good one in new zealand.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wallywombat's Profile Photo

Re: Antarctic adventure centre?

by wallywombat Online Now Jun 16, 2007 at 3:56 AM

Hi
    i am not sure where you are travelling from but i looked it up on google and this information is listed on two sites It does not say if it is up to date though but has contact details So maybe try to contact them as you have some time to see if they still operate .Goodluck

Antarctic Adventure - details

* Address:
    2 Salamanca Square, Hobart, 7000
    * Phone: +61 (0)3 6220 8220
    * Fax: +61 (0)3 6223 8889
    * Web: http://www.antarctic.com.au/
    * Nearest Station: Metro City Bus Terminal
    * Neighbourhood: Salamanca

Hobart is Australia's Antarctic base. Experience the sounds, sights and feel of the coldest, driest, highest and most isolated continent in the world in this very different theme park. Learn about wildlife, play in the snow, experience the cold in the sub-zero room, zoom down a slope in a ski simulation, count seals, look at the stars in the planetarium, investigate a field camp, weather station and igloo. The theatre documents experiences of famous expeditions including tales of human struggle, success and tragedy. Admission: Adults AUD16; children AUD8; concession AUD13; family AUD40. Annual pass AUD22.50.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines