Hobart Travel Answers

change location
pebs's Profile Photo

parking in hobart city

by pebs Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 2:07 AM

Hi, like to find out the estimate cost of parking within hobart city?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: parking in hobart city

by Anne12 Online Now Dec 26, 2006 at 4:01 AM

I can't remember exactly what they charge in Hobart, but in other cities in Aus it's about1 ( or a bit less)an hour at parking metres.
    Most parking metres have a limited time you can park there, also different times that you must pay, usually between 8.30am to about 5.30pm, read the signs carefully:)
    There is also free parking in some areas, then there are the all day car parks.
    Hobart isn't a big city, you will be able to find a car park without much trouble.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Travmad's Profile Photo

RE: RE: parking in hobart city

by Travmad Online Now Dec 27, 2006 at 4:59 PM

I found free on street parking just outside of downtown and it's only a shot walk into the city.

• Tasmania's Profile Photo

RE: RE: parking in hobart city

by Tasmania Online Now Dec 29, 2006 at 1:35 PM

It depends on where you park. Some places such as the wharves and Salamanca Place are two hour and reasonably expensive. In the central CBD there are 4 multi storey car parks, but if you don't mind walking a few blocks there is free unlimited parking. I use an open air, 4 hour one on Melville street between Argyle and Elizabeth streets, which is handy and always seems to have parking available. I think it is about 2 dollars. Remember that most streets in inner Hobart are one way so that navigation can be tricky.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines