Hobart Travel Answers

change location
SawLM's Profile Photo

Visit Tasmania in June-July 2005

by SawLM Online Now May 25, 2005 at 12:01 AM

I planning to Tasmania in Jun/July'05 for 4-5 days. I would like to stay in a nice log cabin (or something nice and beautiful scenary) for the winter snow view. I just want to have a peaceful and relaxing time there with my wife. Do anyone has good recommandation on the accomodation, moving around the lodging and ideas on what can I do in thise few days ??

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • suzyq40's Profile Photo

RE: Visit Tasmania in June-July 2005

by suzyq40 Online Now May 25, 2005 at 4:19 PM

Cradle Mountain or Coles Bay would be your pick for anything relaxing, quiet etc. They are quite a drive from any of the major centres (well thats what it felt like when I was a child) Coles bay, or Wineglass bay is absolutely beautiful. Cradle Mountain is up in the highlands near the great lakes. Give them a google and see what comes up. Sorry I cant be of any more help. It has been years since I have been in Tassie after growing up there
    Have a good time

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Visit Tasmania in June-July 2005

by Anne12 Online Now May 25, 2005 at 8:00 PM

Every where in Tasmania is lovely. There are some wonderful scenic places.
    I agree with Suzy, if it's a snow/winter outlook you are after check out Gradle mountain.
    Open fire, a good bottle of wine , room with view sounds very relaxing.

There are some great walks in that area as well.

The Gradle Mountain Lodge website makes it look inviting.
    If you would like a water view I would recommend Strahan here you can find some great places to stay and there are walks and a great daily river cruise.

Anne

• suzyq40's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Visit Tasmania in June-July 2005

by suzyq40 Online Now Jun 17, 2005 at 10:00 AM

Ben Lomond isnt that great, went up there a few times as a child. If you dont want to ski, Cradle mountain would be the pick for sure

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines