Ho Chi Minh City Travel Answers

change location
heydelin's Profile Photo

Pub Crawl in HCMC

by heydelin Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Has anyone tried joining pub crawl in HCMC if there is one? I'll be travelling alone this April and joining pub crawl would be awesome. :)

Haydee

Quote & Answer
15 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Pub Crawl in HCMC

by davidjo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM

http://saigonhash.com/ Hi Heydelin, have you ever heard of the hash run? Many locations throughout the world have a hash run. Basically someone marks out the route in the morning by painting arrows and other clues, even dead ends where you have to turn back. Normally you pay a few dollars and jog round the course, drink as much beer as you can, get to meet other expats living in the country as well as locals and with a bit of luck you will form a friendship and be invited out with a group to a restaurant in the evening. In the Philippines i know they have hash runs in Manila, Angeles, P Galera, Davao and Cebu as i have joined in a few times. Join the run in Saigon every Sunday---i guarantee you will enjoy it better than a pub crawl!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • heydelin's Profile Photo

by heydelin Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Wow that looks fun. Don't know if I can run after drinking beer though :P

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Normally you have a pit stop during the run and drink as much as you can after the run. The organizers bring a few ice boxes with cold beer and this is included in your entry fee--a few dollars. It is a great way to meet friends. See my Phnom Penh pages for the Phnom Penh run to get an idea of the afternoon out!

by heydelin Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I love your review! Will definitely try that one here in Manila too!

• NitNoy's Profile Photo

by NitNoy Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

davidjo wrote: http://saigonhash.com/ Hi Heydelin, have you ever heard of the hash run? Many locations throughout the world have a hash run. Basically someone marks out the route in the morning by painting arrows and other clues, even dead ends where you have to turn back. Normally you pay a few dollars and jog round the course, drink as much beer as you can, get to meet other expats living in the country as well as locals and with a bit of luck you will form a friendship and be invited out with a group to a restaurant in the evening. In the Philippines i know they have hash runs in Manila, Angeles, P Galera, Davao and Cebu as i have joined in a few times. Join the run in Saigon every Sunday---i guarantee you will enjoy it better than a pub crawl!!!

• NitNoy's Profile Photo

by NitNoy Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

davidjo wrote: http://saigonhash.com/ Hi Heydelin, have you ever heard of the hash run? Many locations throughout the world have a hash run. Basically someone marks out the route in the morning by painting arrows and other clues, even dead ends where you have to turn back. Normally you pay a few dollars and jog round the course, drink as much beer as you can, get to meet other expats living in the country as well as locals and with a bit of luck you will form a friendship and be invited out with a group to a restaurant in the evening. In the Philippines i know they have hash runs in Manila, Angeles, P Galera, Davao and Cebu as i have joined in a few times. Join the run in Saigon every Sunday---i guarantee you will enjoy it better than a pub crawl!!!

• NitNoy's Profile Photo

by NitNoy Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Sorry about the multiple posts.

Here's some information on the monthly pub crawl. I've been in several bars when pub crawls have come through. No doubt they are having a good time.

I'm going to miss it as I fly out of Saigon on April 4th.

• NitNoy's Profile Photo

by NitNoy Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM

• linhc5's Profile Photo

by linhc5 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM

hi would you like to visit hue city - vietnam? i'm a tourism student. i want to practise my skill english, and i'll to be your tourguide, FREE! if you want, call me when you arrived hue: +84.975.171.256

• alice.in.Wonderland's Profile Photo

by alice.in.Wonderland Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM

hi heydelin! I'm from Ortigas and I'm also planning to Ho Chi Min alone on April 2013. When are your exact dates? Can i tag along? it doesn't have to be the entire trip that i'll be tagging along. even just one day is fine.. it would be nice to meet a fellow filipina traveler in HCMC. :) please reply..thanks! - Abi

by heydelin Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Hi Abi,

Welcome to VT! It would be nice to meet you there! Im flying April 26th :)

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I think that there is no need to join a pub crawl as there are many expats and beer places side by side to enjoy drinking with people you don't know. Heck, along the streets they drink together for 50 cents a pop (HANOI BEER)

by alice.in.Wonderland Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 7:36 PM

thanks for that info. :)

by alice.in.Wonderland Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM

flying April 26... time: 2250 H... Flight 5J-751.. are we on the same flight?? hahahah :))

by heydelin Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Let's go drink a pop! Woop I am excited :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Ho Chi Minh City