Hlavni Mesto Praha

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Photo machine

Prague 1 hours ago

When I was visiting Vienna and Berlin I came across a machine making postcards from your photo. The machine takes a photo of you, makes a postcard and sells it to you. Is there such a machine in Prague?

more
    • Romantic and beautiful places

Prague Apr 15, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Hi everyone

Could you suggest me the best romantic and beautiful attractions of Prague?

more
    • prague museums etc on sundays ?

Prague Apr 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Hi All,

Are Museums and other places to visit in prague opens on sundays as well ?

Thanks

more
    • safe areas in prague

Prague Apr 3, 2014 at 4:34 AM

which are the safest areas to live in prague?thx

more
    • laldred's Profile Photo

Prague Hlavni Nadrazy

Prague Apr 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Has the restored Fantova Kavarna Restaurantreopened for business yet?

more
    • jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

Prague Apr 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Is it safe for Americans to travel to Prague, with a layover in Moscow, given the current events happening in the Ukraine and Russia? This will be my first time leaving the US and I'm concerned mostly with the layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague. Im flying out in less than 2 weeks.

more
    • Prague booking thru BNB

Prague Apr 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I am travelling to Pragui\e (3-4 days)) and I plan to book through BNB as it is cheaper than a hotel, we are two adults, one kind. What would be the safe neighborhood to stay at. a place where it is safe to walk, that has food stores, family oriented, you know SAFE! Not too many bars or night life since we are a family not planning to party :)

Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your wisdom :)

more
    • Accessiblity with Public Transport , Any zones ?

Prague Apr 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Hi,

Public transport in Prague looks to be good as far as i can see from various forums. Are all the major points of interests in prague accessible with the public transport and moreover are there any zones of the public transport day ticket as in mostly every european city.

Thanks

more
    • Shopping points in prague ?

Prague Apr 13, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Hi,

Famous shopping points in prague please ?

Thanks

more

Popular Hlavni Mesto Praha Travel Answer Locations

• Photo machine

Prague 1 hours ago

When I was visiting Vienna and Berlin I came across a machine making postcards from your photo. The machine takes a photo of you, makes a postcard and sells it to you. Is there such a machine in Prague?

• Romantic and beautiful places

Prague Apr 15, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Hi everyone

Could you suggest me the best romantic and beautiful attractions of Prague?

3 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    • prague museums etc on sundays ?

Prague Apr 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Hi All,

Are Museums and other places to visit in prague opens on sundays as well ?

Thanks

3 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 6:35 AM
    • Accessiblity with Public Transport , Any zones ?

Prague Apr 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Hi,

Public transport in Prague looks to be good as far as i can see from various forums. Are all the major points of interests in prague accessible with the public transport and moreover are there any zones of the public transport day ticket as in mostly every european city.

Thanks

5 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    • Shopping points in prague ?

Prague Apr 13, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Hi,

Famous shopping points in prague please ?

Thanks

5 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    • jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

Prague Apr 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Is it safe for Americans to travel to Prague, with a layover in Moscow, given the current events happening in the Ukraine and Russia? This will be my first time leaving the US and I'm concerned mostly with the layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague. Im flying out in less than 2 weeks.

3 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 12:10 AM
    • Prague booking thru BNB

Prague Apr 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I am travelling to Pragui\e (3-4 days)) and I plan to book through BNB as it is cheaper than a hotel, we are two adults, one kind. What would be the safe neighborhood to stay at. a place where it is safe to walk, that has food stores, family oriented, you know SAFE! Not too many bars or night life since we are a family not planning to party :)

Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your wisdom :)

4 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    • safe areas in prague

Prague Apr 3, 2014 at 4:34 AM

which are the safest areas to live in prague?thx

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    • laldred's Profile Photo

Prague Hlavni Nadrazy

Prague Apr 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Has the restored Fantova Kavarna Restaurantreopened for business yet?

3 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • Prague end of March 2014???

Prague Mar 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Travelling to Prague from UK :( I booked tickets from 23rd March-28th March! Not booked a hotel yet and don't know where to book one..Budget of about £120 for 5 nights!!! Anyone else travelling to Prague....HELPPP MEEEE :)

11 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

Two days in Prague

Prague Feb 24, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Hello !
      I will hopefully go on a tour by car at the end of July. I will be in Vienna for two days before going to Prague .
      In days what are the most important things to visit ? Where could we we stay for two nights which isnt expensive ?
      thank you :)

11 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • mjmaniezzo's Profile Photo

Summer Vacation

Prague Feb 16, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I am planning a trip for a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 teenagers 15 and17 this is not our first trip like this but are looking forward to these destinations we are flying in with AEROLOFT and using then for the internal connections except Krakow to Prauge. maybe am over night train there.
      Here is the plan
      St Petersburg 5 days
      Flying to Krakow for 5 more
      to Prague for another 5 days
      then back to Moscow for my final 5 days.

we do Moscow in the end as its the city we will be flying home from.

St Petersburg ideas so far:
      A ballet and maybe an opera. Visit the Hermitage museum, the Winter palace, Church of the Savior Blood, Cathrines Palace, Bolshi theatre, Mariinsky theatre.
      Boat tour of the Canals

Krakow,
      Day 1 main market sq, Church of the Holy Virgin, Cloth Hall, Schindlers factory.
      Day 2 Historic center, Palace museum, Pod Aniolami.
      Day 3 Wawel royal Palace, Jewish district, Ulica Kanonicza.
      Day 4 Aushchwitz.
      Day 5 Salt mines of Wielicka

Prauge
      Day 1 Old town & jewish quarter
      Day 2 Castle And Castle Area
      Day 3 New town & St Charles bridge area
      Day 4 Kutna Hora

Moscow
      Day 1 Kremlin, St Basil Catherdral
      Day 2 Bunker 42,
      Day 3 Star City ?
      Day 4

ballet and opera if not scene in St Petersburg, then maybe moscow

I am looking for suggestions for hotels and attractions and reputable guides that you may have used

As always I am greatful for the assistance provided by my friends here on VT. In the past you have made many a trips a success! Thank you

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • ericsas's Profile Photo

Budget acommodation well communicated to Old Town Square

Prague Feb 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Hi all,

We are travelling to Prague in May for running the marathon. As the race starts early in the morning, we are looking for a budget acommodation near old town square (place where the race starts and ends) or well communicated with the square, so it will not take long time to arrive there early on Sunday the 11th of May.

Thanks for your advices!

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • KaterinaS2's Profile Photo

Travel to Praha - Vienna

Prague Feb 13, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Hi, everyone! This summer my friend and I decide to visit Czech, stay in Praha and then spend one day in Vienna.
      We want to travel in Czech by ourselves, we think to visit few interesting places. I will be thankful to receive your advices what are the best places to visit in Czech in summer - June/July.

Could you write how is it possible to get to Vienna from Praha? Will be better by train or bus?

Will be glad to any information ;))

11 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    • iagupov's Profile Photo

How much money should I need for 8 days in Prague?

Prague Feb 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Hello! How much money do I need for 8 days in Prague, end of March on a budget, I have my accomodation booked, my flight as well. I want to visit Prague like a local, small streets, little pubs with local beer, street food maybe, and the basic attractions. I've rented a studio, so I can cook there as well. Any suggestions, please and thank you ? :)

7 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • Oscar night

Prague Jan 30, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Hi, anywhere in Prague there is a Oscar party for movie buffs.

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    • Avoiding drunken English stag parties

Prague Jan 27, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Which hotels would be not on the expensive side but also not frequented by the stag night Brits? Close to the old town and quiet area please

5 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • Guided Tour

Prague Jan 15, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Is the any locals or groups that would either chaperone or help show the lesser known or more of the common day to day aspects of city life in Prague.

2 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 7:33 AM
    • Mid-Life Crisis

Prague Jan 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM

What would be the best way for a middle age couple to enjoy the nightlife that Prague has to offer?? (please don't say go out to a bar)

6 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    • Is it safe to park posh cars overnight in Prague

Prague Jan 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM

We should be staying overnight in Prague 5 area at the Admiral Botel on the river, parking is adjacent to the hotel, is there any danger if parking cars such as Aston Martins etc in public in this area, we really don't know the area so would be pleased for any advice, we have heard mixed messages. If it is unsafe are we likely to be able to get private secure parking somewhere? Cheers.

6 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    • NickyC9's Profile Photo

Prague Airport Transports

Prague Jan 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM

In february I'm going to visit Prague and need transportation from the airport to the hotel. Does anyone have experience with www.prague-airport-transports.cz ?
      I can't find any reviews of this company.

Thank you in advance!

10 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    • Osiris-Sun's Profile Photo

sight seeing, hostel, currency, language

Prague Dec 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Hello im going to prague next sunday and im staying there for 3 nights, 2 full days, so i was wondering which places have the priority to visit, near the old town and charles bridge?

Also i want a recommendation to cheap good place to stay in near the old town.

Also what about transportation to important areas, sbahn or bus? Is it available the whole day?

And do they speak and understand english? As i dont know czech :)

Finally i heard they dont accept euros, only koronas, is that true? And what to do with that.

Also would be cool if we hang out around the city and do whatever.

Waiting for answers :))

8 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    • rmdw's Profile Photo

Parking in Downtown Prague?

Prague Dec 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I'm staying at a nice hotel near the Charles Bridge. All is fine except that they're charging 20 EUR per day for parking.

Two questions:

1. Can anyone recommend parking elsewhere for less or for free?
      2. If parking a car on the street here, is it generally safe or are tourist's cars known to get broken into? (it's a Toyota station wagon)

Robert

5 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM
    • Budapest - Prague question please!

Prague Nov 17, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Hello, When we get off our river cruise in Budapest we want to take a day train to Prague (we will be staying near Charles Bridge). Which train station would be most convenient for us in both Budapest and Prague? Also, the price seems to vary from 18Euro to 100 Euro?! We would greatly appreciate your recommendations. Thank you!

3 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    • Restaurants at Christmas

Prague Nov 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Off to prague for Christmas. I understand that on 24th we are best booking as many restaurants are closed. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Secondly - will we need to book restaurants for other nights before we go or can we just pick restaurants once there?

Thanks

3 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    • SolomonRoskin's Profile Photo

Pedestrian streets in prague

Prague Nov 13, 2013 at 7:57 AM

What are pedestrian only streets in Prague? Areas where there are no cars at all, only pedestrians

3 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 7:03 AM
    • Shall i trust?

Prague Nov 10, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Can i trust www.expedia.com website to book hotels or flights ? I mean, its gonna be my first time, so i am a bit confused though. I need answers from people who have used this site for travelling.

Thank you

Cheers

11 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    • Best walking tour in Prague?

Prague Nov 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Any ideas what the best tours in Prague are? I am going there at Christmas and would really appreciate some advice - there seems to be so many different options. Thanks in advance. Pascal

6 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    • Free time and accomodation in Prague (December 2013)

Prague Nov 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Hello everyone! :) I'm Betty from Poland. I have some questions. In December 2013 I will go to Prague with my friends, it will be my first time there, so I would like to know how I could spend my free time in interesting way in this beautiful city. We'll stay there for few days and we want to see some charming and interesting places. Can you advise me where should we go? Do you know any cheap hotels and cafes? Maybe some events in Prague in December?
      Thanks for your answers. Greetings from Poland. :)

3 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    • Sharon's Profile Photo

Prague - Second trip - What do ?

Prague Oct 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Looking for some help for a visit in Prague next week....
      First trip already covered all main attractions.... now its time for new places.
      Any recommendations ? also around (out though near) the city ?

Also: recommendations for nice / special Bars, Restaurants etc' will be appreciated.

Thanks Guys,
      Sharon.

6 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 4:41 AM