Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Northern lights on Ring Road tour

Iceland Sep 15, 2015 at 5:57 AM

Hi, I am considering joining a Guided Circle tour in December. I would like to know if it's possible for me to see the northern lights from the following hotels:
      - Reykjavik: Icelandair Hotel Natura
      - North Iceland: Icelandair Hotel Akureyri
      - Lake Mývatn: Hotel Reynihlíð
      - East Iceland: Icelandair Hotel Hérað
      - Vatnajökull Region: Icelandair Hotel Kirkjubæjarklaustur
      - South Iceland: Icelandair Hotel Flúðir

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

• gemmakwhite1's Profile Photo

Christmas tours

Reykjavík Sep 23, 2015 at 11:51 AM

I arrive on the afternoon of 24th December, what does anyone advise me and my fiancé to do? It looks like most day tours will be closed, with only a few open on the 25th.
      Also any recommendations on place to eat on these days? I guess we will need to be making reservations, I know we couldn't walk into a restaurant at home and expect a table.

• Traveling in July 8 people first time trip to Iceland

Iceland Sep 30, 2015 at 5:44 AM

Hi Need help traveling July - (4 adults/4 Late teens)
      Have 8 days travel time- Please recommend places to go- ie 3 days here etc Highlights to see
      and where to fly into? any and all suggestions appreciated!!

Reykjavík Sep 29, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Can anyone tell me the up to date customs limit for bringing wine into Iceland in my suitcase, I have looked at various websites and some contradict others. I will be travelling with my wife from the UK and we are intending to pack 3 boxes of wine that each contain 2.25 litres in our suitcase. So that's 6.75 litres in total. This is between us, not each. We will not be bringing any spirits or tobacco products. Thankyou.

Near Hjaltadalur