change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• globetrott's Profile Photo

a strange costume - what is it ?

Hiroshima Nov 23, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I hope this is considdered a travelrelated question ! I saw this Person standing for almost 2 hours in the same place: he/she did not move, did not beg for Money, was always looking in the same direction and had a costume that I never saw somewhere else in Japan. These photos are taken in Miyajima, a holy Island, so maybe it has to do with religion

more

Popular Hiroshima-ken Travel Answer Locations

• globetrott's Profile Photo

a strange costume - what is it ?

Hiroshima Nov 23, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I hope this is considdered a travelrelated question ! I saw this Person standing for almost 2 hours in the same place: he/she did not move, did not beg for Money, was always looking in the same direction and had a costume that I never saw somewhere else in Japan. These photos are taken in Miyajima, a holy Island, so maybe it has to do with religion

11 Answers Nov 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    • Bus from Fukuoka

Hiroshima Jul 1, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Is there a bus service running between Fukuoka and Hiroshima?

2 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 6:30 AM
    • Enquiring about Kure Japan

Kure Apr 9, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Thinking of travelling to Kure. I was there in 1953 but guess it will have changed dramatically has anyone any tips they can give me re accommodation travel etc. and where can I find photographs of modern day Kure. Thank you in anticipation. George Love

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    • yuet29's Profile Photo

Place to nojuku 野宿

Hiroshima Mar 31, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Anyone know about good place to nojuku in hiroshima? Anyone tried it before and any advise?

Thanks.

• Salsa dancing in Hiroshima?

Hiroshima Mar 15, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Does anyone know if there are any salsa bars, or regular salsa dance nights anywhere in, or near, Hiroshima? I will be spending a couple of weeks there in early April and would love to be able to do some salsa while I am there! Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    • JohnnieM3's Profile Photo

Anyone in Hiroshima to share experiences?

Hiroshima Feb 14, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Hi all,

I am Johnnie, a 25 year old student from the Netherlands. I study Cultural Geography at the University of Groningen.

I am in Hiroshima for 4 weeks right now as a tourist, student and researcher. I'm here on my own, mainly to explore the range of tourists' experiences, feelings and emotions while visiting the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and vicinity. As a tourist, I'll also be experiencing the encounters at the Peace Memorial sites myself.

The aim of my study is to understand tourists’ experiences in Hiroshima, as well as their potential changed meanings regarding war, peace and nuclear weapons after touring Hiroshima.

While I'm here, I would very much like to get in contact with other tourists and share some of our experiences. That would help me a lot to better understand the impact of such a visit. Other than that, as a tourist, some company and socializing a bit would do me good while I'm here for 4 weeks.

If anyone is in Hiroshima in February and would like to meet, let me know :) . Or e-mail me at j.j.meijer.4@student.rug.nl. Hope to talk to you soon!

4 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    • Dinner In Hiroshima

Hiroshima Sep 26, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Staying near hiroshima station tonite. Three kids, bit tired from traveling, don't want okonomiyaki tonite and not huge seafood fans! Any country cuisine ok. Any suggestions please?..

3 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    • cab fare to airport

Hiroshima Sep 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Can you tell me if cabs run early in the am? are they 24 hours? What would be the cab fare for 2 people 6 am from downtown Hiroshima to Hiroshima Airport?

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • is there a charge for this service

Hiroshima Sep 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

is there a charge for this service

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    • Replace a broken souvenir

Miyajima Aug 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Does anyone how I can contact a store in Miyajima that sells souvenirs? I broke my wife's favorite Miyajima souvenir and want to replace it. It is a small beige coffee/tea cup with the words "DEER DEAR" and a cute graphic that includes the deer a small red bird and the saying "KYO MO KIMI TO AETE URESHI NA"

3 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    • Jimmixx's Profile Photo

Query

Shin Mar 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Will I be able to find someone to direct me in English on arival at Shin-Osaka

3 Answers Mar 17, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    • night out

Hiroshima Dec 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Anyone out in Hiroshima tonight or tomorrow night?

• alex_aroundtheworld's Profile Photo

cheap hotel and sightseeing...

Hiroshima Dec 11, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Hello,

I will be in Hiroshima coming January and staying 2 nights.

I dont have a clue what to do there. Of course, first of all I wanna see the history of Hiroshima. I am not into museums, but if there is a good one about history of Hiroshima, then I would like to go.

I dont know how big the place is and how to get around there. We will be two persons.
      How can I make a plan of what to do there and how to find out how to get there? We do not speak japanese.

Can someone help me in telling me in which areas we should get a hotel (and where to book it online) and where to go?

thanks and hoping to hear back soon. I believe I have to book a hotel room quick.

8 Answers Dec 12, 2010 at 6:38 AM
    • JR west rail pass sanyo area

Hiroshima-ken Oct 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I will travel from Hiroshima to Kyoto on a Nozomi train. From JR west information page, the sanyo pass will valid for the Sanyo Shinkansen (including Nozomi) between Shin Osaka and Hakata. Is my sanyo pass valid on this Hiroshima-Kyoto trip on Nozomi train? Can I use my sanyo pass and pay the fare adjustment for the Shinosaka-Kyoto trip? how to pay the additional fare?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2010 at 5:10 AM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

Overnight stopover -- what can I see?

Hiroshima Oct 4, 2010 at 7:07 AM

I will have a stopover at HIJ airport soon on a weekday night, arriving at 2010 (have to do customs clearance) and then leaving at 0920 the next morning. Both flights are international and it's not possible to do online check-in.

I'm looking at staying at a hostel near JR Hiroshima station, and taking the airport shuttle to get there and then back to the airport the next morning, which should take about 1 hour each way.

Or, is there any non-smoking place (McDonald's or Internet cafe) where I could spend the night? Capsule hotel would also be an interesting option, if anyone knows of any that take female guests.

Will I be able to do any sightseeing at all? Or, at least try the local okonomiyaki? I'm just trying not to make it a trip where I see nothing apart from the airport, accommodation, and airport transport!

5 Answers Oct 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM
    • Okonomimura

Hiroshima Apr 17, 2010 at 5:49 PM

What's the best way to get from the Hiroshima Shinkansen Station to Okonomimura?
      Walk?
      Bus?

• Looking for family in Hiroshima

Hiroshima Apr 9, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Hello,

We are traveling to Japan on April 23rd and are trying to find our relatives in Hiroshima. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, mom (who's 91) cannot locate her address book with family's contact info.

Can anyone point us in the right direction on finding our aunt, uncle and/or their 2 grown children? Thank you!

3 Answers Apr 9, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    • Sightseeing areas of interest and good accommodation.

Miyajima Mar 11, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out on finding some very interesting sight places to see here? Also, can someone suggest some cheap decent hostel accommodation as I am only a student??

5 Answers Mar 12, 2010 at 5:01 AM
    • mavl's Profile Photo

fukuoka to hiroshima

Hiroshima Mar 10, 2010 at 11:48 PM

hello all,

trying to find out the best (meaning most inexpensive) way to get from fukuoka to hiroshima. arriving at fukuoka airport on a saturday afternoon and just have to be in hiroshima by noon of the following day, if that makes a difference.

thank you in advance!

MAVL

2 Answers Mar 15, 2010 at 6:44 AM
    • Advice on Lodging and Eating in Miyajima

Miyajima Nov 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Hello,

I am planning to go to Miyajima with my bf this month, staying for 1 night. What do you guys think about staying on the island? Which is the best hotel for value of money? For hotels on the island, can we still book dinner but not stay there? Which hotel would have best food or worst?

Here's my short list. What do you think?

1) Morinoyado morinoyado.jp/english/index.... (a bit far from ferry station)

2) Coral Miyajima HOtel (on the mainland). This is very cheap, 4000Y per person discounted, there is a restaurant in the hotel that appears to be quite cheap, but would not have the traditonal jap experience I guess
      hotel site: http://www.coral-hotel.co.jp/price.html

3) Jyukeiso gambo-ad.com/miyajima/englis...

4) Karaguchi www4.ocn.ne.jp/~kawaguti/kya...

Is the dinner over on the island worth it? I'm also going to Kyoto, should I try Kaiseki dinner there? I would only want to try one dinner, can't afford both.

Thank you for your help.

• Basketball Facilities

Hiroshima-ken Aug 23, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Good day!

I just would like to ask if it is possible to reserve the gymnasium inside the school compound here in Hiroshima?

If somebody here knows a little knowledge regarding about this, please kindly help me and give suggestions on where and whom should I ask from the school.
      Schools located at Naka ward is much preferred.

We are trying to make tournament but we are having difficulties trying to reserve from sports centers.

Thank you very much for the help.

Tschuss!

• Day itinerary in Hiroshima/Miyajima

Hiroshima May 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Hi,

I'm planning a day trip from Kyoto to Hiroshima and then going to Miyajima Island.

As my time will be tight, hoping to arrive by 10:30am and must leave on the 19:51 train, can anyone help with how best I should spend my time at these places? My initial thoughts are:

Hiroshima
      ---------
      Peace Park
      A-Bomb Dome
      Hiroshima Castle
      Museum

On Miyajima
      -----------
      Itsukushima Shrine
      Take ropeway to the top of Misen Mountain

Having looked into Miyajima further, it seems there's more to do on it than I originally thought.

What should be seen and what can be left out?

How long should I aim to spend at each place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6 Answers May 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM
    • bicycle rental in Hiroshima

Hiroshima Mar 23, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I was wondering if there are any places to rent bicycles in Hiroshima-preferably near the station. Thanks for your help!

• foxymoxy's Profile Photo

last JR ferry from miyajimaguchi to miyajima

Miyajima Mar 17, 2008 at 3:05 PM

anyone knows where can i found a timetable...we will be arriving on a monday around 21.00 to HIROSHIMA STATION if this helps...

1 Answer Mar 19, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    • Travel from Nagano to Hiroshima

Hiroshima Mar 9, 2008 at 8:14 AM

What is the best way to get to Hiroshima from Nagano? Preferrably by JR Shinkansen.. where do we have to transfer trains and how long does it take?

We plan on leaving Nagano really early in the morning, leave our luggage at a locker in Hiroshima JR Station, explore Hiroshima/Miyajima and then check into a hotel in Osaka.. Tnx.

2 Answers May 10, 2009 at 2:39 AM
    • Temple Lodging

Miyajima Feb 21, 2008 at 6:19 AM

Hi

we plan on being in Miyajima on the 26th of feb for a night and wanted to stay at a temple or ryokan....we are having trouble finding a place as most places seem booked out..

can anyone recommend a good place to stay that isn't too expensive? with a website where we can book from?? (we're budgeting around 100-150 AUD).

Thanks

4 Answers Feb 21, 2008 at 7:53 PM
    • tram from city center to Prince Hotel?

Hiroshima Oct 15, 2007 at 8:57 AM

hi all you knowlegeble folks,

there's a 4-day meeting going on in Prince Hotel (near the Hiroshima port) that i need to attend, but staying in the grand Prince hotel itself is out of budget. :( heard the views were superb.

plus, most budget friendly hostels/guest houses are located near the city center.

is there a tram line/subway/bus that goes from city center all the way to the hotel or its proximity that i can catch to and fro? (perhaps the first and last tram timing?)

i've tried various searches and haven't been able to pull this info off the WWW.
      so any help/info is very appreciated. :)

TIA

• hslowe's Profile Photo

How long from Tokyo?

Hiroshima Sep 29, 2007 at 7:50 AM

How long does it take to get to Hiroshima from Tokyo by train? I have three free days in Japan and am thinking that on one of them I'd like to travel to Hiroshima.

Thanks,
      Heather

4 Answers Oct 6, 2007 at 9:32 AM
    • blacksnail's Profile Photo

1.5 Days in Hiroshima

Hiroshima Jun 12, 2007 at 1:34 AM

Hello, I'm planning for 1 to 2 days in Hiroshima, I would like you all to comment on my plan. do u think i can visit all these places in 1.5 days? thanks

1. Itsuku-shima
      2. Hiroshima Castle
      3. Itsukushima-jinja
      4. Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum
      5. A Bomb Dome
      6. View from the Price Hotel in Ujina Port at Sun set

6 Answers Jun 22, 2007 at 1:43 PM
    • Lockers at Hiroshima JR Station

Hiroshima Mar 25, 2007 at 10:58 PM

We are making a day trip to Hiroshima with our lugguages before travelling to Kansai Airport, can someone please tell me if there are lockers big enough at the train station to accomodate 60cm lugguages?

1 Answer Mar 27, 2007 at 6:02 AM