Himeji Travel Answers

change location

Storage lockers in JR Himeji station?

by heymikey Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 5:59 PM

On my upcoming Japan trip, I am planning on stopping by Himeji for several hours before heading out to Kyoto from Hiroshima. I was just wondering if there are any storage lockers in Himeji train station that can fit a backpack. If so, how much does it usually cost?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • heywinks's Profile Photo

RE: Storage lockers in JR Himeji station?

by heywinks Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 9:18 AM

Yes, there are storage lockers at JR Himeji Station, both entrances. I don't remember the cost (you might want to check my Himeji pages in case I have it in there somewhere) but it's not expensive...maybe 300-500yen.

I lived there for 3 years and loved the city. I hope you have a great time there! Check out Miyuki-dori, the shopping street parallel to the main street in front of the station (facing north) to the right. Be sure to visit the shops and restaurants underneath the station as well. There's a small food court there that has good takoyaki (octopus balls), a popular Japanese cuisine. If you don't eat okonomiyaki in Hiroshima, try it in Himeji. Bonanza is a great restaurant one block away from the station towards Himeji Castle on the right that has good okonomiyaki.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines