Hilton Head Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bicycle & Kayak Rentals

by jackberry Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Which bicycle rental shops are the best in Hilton Head and which ones that you had a bad experience with?
      Also which kayak outfitters are the best?
      Appreciate any info that you can supply.
      Thanks
      Jack

more
    • first family trip to Hilton Head

by SEHS Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 9:47 AM

We are a beach vacation family and normally spend summers on beaches in FL or AL. We want to travel to Hilton Head this summer. Can you recommend a condo/town home that is near the beach and not pricey? Which areas would be preferred for families that like to play games on beach or just read a book? Any restaurants to recommend and other things to do/see would be greatly appreciated! (We will travel with our 13 and 20 yr old girls.)

more
    • Bicycle & Kayak Rentals

by jackberry Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Which bicycle rental shops are the best in Hilton Head and which ones that you had a bad experience with?
      Also which kayak outfitters are the best?
      Appreciate any info that you can supply.
      Thanks
      Jack

• first family trip to Hilton Head

by SEHS Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 9:47 AM

We are a beach vacation family and normally spend summers on beaches in FL or AL. We want to travel to Hilton Head this summer. Can you recommend a condo/town home that is near the beach and not pricey? Which areas would be preferred for families that like to play games on beach or just read a book? Any restaurants to recommend and other things to do/see would be greatly appreciated! (We will travel with our 13 and 20 yr old girls.)

3 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    • summer at Hilton Head

by gaild50 Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Best Beach and area with children at HHI?

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • RonM56's Profile Photo

poisonous snakes

by RonM56 Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Last year my miniature schnauzer met his first rattlesnake in bushes close to a sidewalk, he was smart enough to heed the warning rattle and immediately back off. We didn't have a clue the snake was there until my dog disturbed it. What recommendations to you have to keep inquisitive dogs away from poisonous snakes in the Hilton Head area?

12 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • db8688's Profile Photo

SUP in October

by db8688 Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Is the water too cold for Stand Up Paddle Boarding in October? Heading to HHI this weekend.

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    • jimh71's Profile Photo

beach walk

by jimh71 Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM

can you walk from palmetto dunes to the airport by beach.? i have been before but never as far round as that.we are arriving at night and going back to the airport in the morning to pick up hire car as they are shut when we arrive and thought as we are not strangers to long walks we thought it would be nice to walk the beach on our first morning killing two birds with one stone

2 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    • MeganL89's Profile Photo

Dolphins in late March

by MeganL89 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM

We are currently staying in shipyard plantation until the day before Easter. I would love to know where the best places to view dolphins are at and if they're best seen at high tide or lower. We will be taking a dolphin cruise near the end of our stay but we'd all love to view them sooner! Thank you all.

3 Answers Mar 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    • gluten free meals

by sstutz Online Now Nov 29, 2011 at 6:55 AM

I will be visiting next summer with my family. We have a 5yr old who has to eat a gluten free diet. Is there any restaurants that offer a gluten free menus for him.

1 Answer Nov 29, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    • November

by costa2 Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I will be staying at the Marriot Harbour Club at Harbour Town towards the end of November 2010 and would like to know places to see, entertainment and weather.

Thank you

• clubs for 18+

by hoptink Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 6:26 AM

Where in Hilton Head is there a club that allows 18+ on certain nights? I have friends that aren't 21 and we all wanna go out and dance and stuff...but can't find a place to go that allows 18 years and up! PLEASE HELP!!!

1 Answer Jun 9, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    • kateylou's Profile Photo

Big Group - where to stay Cheap!

by kateylou Online Now Dec 10, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Looking for an inexpensive place to stay on Hilton Head. We have about ten people in our group, but we don't need beds for everyone. We don't mind sleeping on the floor, couch, whatever, if it will save some money. I was thinking a house or condo rental would be best so we can have access to a kitchen. We are a bunch of 30 year old ladies, no kids, no pets - just celebrating our 30th birthdays with a trip to Hilton Head. We are looking at four nights in June 2010.

I know alot of renatls are concerned with having more people stay than there are available beds, but beds for 10 people gets pretty pricey!! Maybe an independent homeowner who won't be home for a weekend in June and wouldn't mind renting their place to a bunch of very responsible former Girl Scouts?

Anyone know a place like that to rent? I would offer to house swap, if anyone is interested in coming to Columbus, Ohio. :)

Thanks!!

5 Answers Dec 26, 2009 at 9:28 PM
    • dldkag's Profile Photo

Alcohol on Sunday

by dldkag Online Now May 13, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Are there limitations to purchasing alcohol on Sundays on HHI?

2 Answers May 13, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    • rob_vic's Profile Photo

Steamed Blue Crabs?

by rob_vic Online Now Feb 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM

My family and I are vacationing in Hilton Head Island for the first time this July. We enjoy blue crabs and would like to know if there is anyplace on the island where we can buy them by the bushel (alive or steamed). Thanks!

Rob

4 Answers Mar 28, 2008 at 12:02 PM
    • Dolphin viewing

by lemke1044 Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 3:34 PM

We are planning on visiting Hilton Head in mid-march. Is it going to be possible to see dolphin's at this time of the year? If yes, what is the best way to see them?

1 Answer Mar 16, 2008 at 6:40 AM
    • Any Ferries or Water Travel directly from HHI to Savannah?

by kenvil63 Online Now Jul 22, 2007 at 1:06 PM

My wife and I plan to stay at a time share the week of November 3 and use HHI as our base of operations to visit both Charleston and Savannah FOR THE FIRST TIME FOR ALL THREE PLACES. We plan to book one night at a Charleston hotel and stay over, stretching our visit to two consecutive days. (Holiday Inn sounds great--Trip Advisor)
      We would like to cut down on our driving after that excursion. Are there any sailings directly from HHI to Savannah? I know there's a ferry to another island. How about Savannah? Or, should we also plan to stay over one night in Savannah?
      Many thanks for taking the time to read this and for any tips you can give us.
      Kenvil

2 Answers Aug 10, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    • Less Crowded Beach at Hilton Head Island

by erin2009 Online Now Jul 14, 2007 at 10:45 PM

I am going to be at Hilton Head Island soon and I am looking for a less crowded place on the beach. I am willing to walk or bike a few miles to do this as well. I am going to stay at the Comfort Inn. I know there are 4 public access sites to the beach and was thinking about trying to bike in between two access points. Do you think this would work?

• Nightlife in HHI

by jbrucato Online Now Apr 25, 2007 at 9:51 PM

We are going to be in HHI this Sun 4/29 thru Wed. 5/2 on a golf/eating/nightlife trip. We are from Chicago. It is a business trip (ha ha ha). We are entertaining clients who like to party! Any suggestions?

We are staying at the Port Royal Plantation near the Westin.

I hear everything closes early is that true?

Thanks - Jim

1 Answer Mar 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM
    • Renting a bicycle

by kndio Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 5:36 PM

I've seen several comments about riding bicycles. Are there places to rent? If so, where, and what are the average rates?

• caslu's Profile Photo

Hilton Head or Kiawah Island

by caslu Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 1:30 PM

My wife and I will be taking a vacation with our 1 year old (his first real trip) in April, and are considering going to either Kiawah Island or Hilton Head Island. We haven't been to either location and have heard pros/cons for both places but would like to hear the opinions of others who have been to both places...

Thanks,
      Rick

1 Answer Feb 26, 2007 at 10:07 PM
    • Gullah Festival Food Events

by mcarteaux Online Now Jan 17, 2007 at 6:30 AM

Has anyone paricipated in the Taste of Gullah or Gullah Celebration Art and Food Expo? Any recommendations? We'll be on HH from 2/10 to 2/18.

• fly fishing Hilton Head

by sulpher Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 1:00 PM

Any recommendations for fly fishing (without guides) on or around the island. I will be there for the month of February and do not have a boat...Thank you...

• Detroit to Hilton Head May

by enchantingstarr Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Hi, i'm new here. Searching around for awesome things to do down in Hilton Head this May. Three girls coming from detroit... we're looking for a lot of night life. Also we loves these hauntings we keep hearing about. Like the Lands End Light aka Frog More Light????... Also how's the weather usually down there in May? Is the ocean warm enough to swim? A lot of people on the beach during the day????

1 Answer Apr 6, 2007 at 9:15 AM
    • shoes

by bhollinger Online Now Jul 18, 2006 at 2:15 PM

I was there about a month ago and found a darling pair of shoes at a women's shop, I believe the name was Currents?? Anyway, I didn't buy them at that time, but would like to have them. How can I contact them and order the shoes to be sent to me?
      Thank you.

1 Answer Jul 18, 2006 at 2:19 PM
    • Good Dog Kennels?

by CaptainLunatic Online Now Jul 18, 2006 at 12:04 PM

Anyone have any recommendation for dog boarding on the island? I wouldn't mind bringing my pooch down there.

• Where to stay?

by TCAF Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 10:11 PM

I'm planning a trip to HHI later in the summer and need some advice as where to stay. Currently I'm looking at the Hilton Head Grand Hotel & Suites and also the Hilton Head Marriott Beach and Golf Resort. Can you give me any advice on either of these two places or recommend something else? I prefer hotel style accommodations rather than renting a villa, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me,
      TCAF

4 Answers Jul 9, 2006 at 8:26 AM
    • friendly bar/pub

by mermaidtail Online Now May 21, 2006 at 8:19 AM

We'll be traveling to HH for the first time. We're looking for the local pub where we can get a local feel and good food. Nothing fancy. Only requirements - good food, good beer and maybe a tv or two. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Feb 22, 2008 at 10:08 AM
    • GOLF TIPS ANYONE

by STOKED117 Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 9:54 AM

WERE GOING TO HILTON HEAD NEXT WEEK, LOOKING FOR REASONABLE GOLF RATES AND COURSE SUGGESTIONS? HANDICAPS AROUND 10 -15

• Windsurfing on Hilton Head?

by 42Liz Online Now Mar 4, 2006 at 4:32 PM

I've heard that windsurfers gather on Hilton Head in early Spring. Is this correct? Where is the best place to be for this?

• sgoet's Profile Photo

Any Events Scheduled for First Week of March?

by sgoet Online Now Jan 22, 2006 at 12:21 AM

We are flying in the HH Airport at about 11 PM on March 4 for a week. I'm presuming they have taxi service. We are hoping not everything is closed down for the winter. Are there any events on or around the Island during that week? We would like to take a day trip to Savannah. If you had to choose between Beaufort and Charleston for a day trip, which would you pick? (We like Civil War history) The rest of the time we would like to stay on the island to ride bikes, kayak, hike.

1 Answer Mar 25, 2006 at 7:04 PM
    • Can I get by without a car?

by mahisslp Online Now Jan 12, 2006 at 9:06 PM

I want to come for 4 days/3nights at the end of Jan., stay at one of the resorts, walk on the beach some, maybe bike a little and just vegge . . . I need to get AWAY! Will be on my own. If I fly directly into Hilton Head and take a taxi from the airport will I really need a car? Trying to avoid the extra expense, but wondering if I'll regret it.
      Thanks!