Hilton Head Island Travel Answers

change location
caslu's Profile Photo

Hilton Head or Kiawah Island

by caslu Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 1:30 PM

My wife and I will be taking a vacation with our 1 year old (his first real trip) in April, and are considering going to either Kiawah Island or Hilton Head Island. We haven't been to either location and have heard pros/cons for both places but would like to hear the opinions of others who have been to both places...

Thanks,
Rick

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Hilton Head or Kiawah Island

by nomorewars Online Now Feb 26, 2007 at 10:07 PM

I lived in South Carolina for roughly three years & visited both places on numerous occasions. There are more lodging facilities & restaurants in Hilton Head. Although my family & I frequented both places, we found ourselves making the trip to Hilton Head more often. Tourists are pretty much restricted from entering Kiawah Island. There is a beach for the general public’s use & you can buy a pass to get onto the main hub of the island, but you’re only permitted to visit a certain location.

There are also some restricted areas on Hilton Head, but this island is much larger than Kiawah Island & you will quickly see there are more activities for you & your family to indulge in.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines