Hilo Travel Answers

change location

What is the weather like now?

by kirtchik Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 1:34 AM

I have a question for people who are in Hawaii now:)

We are going on a cruise around the islands on March 19th and when I look on weather forecast it says rain every single day for every island!!!

Is it really true, is it raining every day now? I thought Hawaii was supposed to be good weather:(

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • BlueCollar's Profile Photo

RE: What is the weather like now?

by BlueCollar Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 2:04 AM

One of the greatest misperceptions about Hawai`i is that is all sunshine and blue sky.

I can honestly say that it rains just about everyday somewhere on each of the major islands. That is because of the tradewind interaction with the tall mountains. And all this rain produces the lush vegetation you will find on the windward sides of the islands.

And if a front moves through or – ugly thought – stalls over the islands, you will see plenty of rain in places it does not usually fall. It's just a roll of the dice.

Our last trip (Oct, '06) had plenty of rain and was a little disappointing. It seemed that it was front after front that moved through.

However, we did manage to have some clear skies at times. So it is not all bad.

Maintain a positive attitude and the rain will not detract from your vacation. Right? Well, that old adage about smile and the world smiles with you certainly holds some truth – somewhere.

A hui hou aku!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines