Hilo Travel Answers

change location
yard_dog's Profile Photo

Kapoho Tide Pools

by yard_dog Online Now Oct 10, 2005 at 2:18 PM

My family and friends are visiting Hilo in December and staying in home in Kapoho... we were planning on doing some snorkeling while there. I noticed a posting on Fodors online Forum that bothered me regarding sewage in the Tide Pools at this link:

fodors.com/forums/threadsele...

Does anyone know if there is any validity to these statements? Much appreciated!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • BlueCollar's Profile Photo

RE: Kapoho Tide Pools

by BlueCollar Online Now Oct 12, 2005 at 12:37 AM

This talk of sewage in the Kapoho Tide Pools is probably more of a myth started by the local residents than anything resembling the truth. You will feel unwelcomed if you visit here. From the "No Parking" signs to the "No Trespassing" signs to the outright unfriendly gestures and words, you will get the message that you should venture elsewhere. If you brave these assaults, you will be pleased with the experience of being there because it is a very unique place.

We never saw any sewage. Although beautiful, the atmosphere just wasn't like what we have experienced elsewhere on this wonderful island. It's worth the visit but may not be very appealing because of the other factors.

Have a great trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yard_dog's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Kapoho Tide Pools

by yard_dog Online Now Oct 24, 2005 at 7:41 PM

Thanks for the input! I had a feeling it was something started by locals to keep away visitors...

It's too bad that there are those that don't want to share something that they are blessed to have in the first place... it's not like they did anything special to become a "local".

Sad...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines