Hilo Travel Answers

change location
Jesse_Dylan's Profile Photo

Big Island Bus System

by Jesse_Dylan Online Now Oct 25, 2004 at 7:04 PM

It looks very comprehensive, useful and affordable (who needs a car in such a beautiful place? an umbrella will do), but, frankly, I can't make much sense of the schedules and such I found. Let's say I wanted to make a trip from Hilo to Kona. Anyone wanna walk me through it? I think that's probably the most complicated trip the Big Island System could make, involving the most transfers.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • aloha088's Profile Photo

Re: Big Island Bus System

by aloha088 Online Now Oct 27, 2004 at 2:22 AM

Hello, actually, I didn't even know that there is a public bus running between Hilo and Kona. I did some resurch check the following homepage for schedules and fares co.hawaii.hi.us/mass_transit... But to be honest, I would rent a car and explore the island on your own. The Big Island of Hawaii has so much to offer. have fun, Jacqueline

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jesse_Dylan's Profile Photo

Re: Big Island Bus System

by Jesse_Dylan Online Now Oct 29, 2004 at 1:35 PM

Thanks for the heads-up! Yeah, I may rent a car on a weekend sometime and go exploring... Dunno if I can afford that on my shoe-string student budget, though. I'm sure I'll get the bus system figured out eventually. :) I'll probably stay in Hilo for most of my college career anyway, but I'd be crazy not to take advantage of my location on the Big Island and go on adventures! :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines