Hikkaduwa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Most haoppening area in Hikkaduwa

by anusinghz Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Which is the most happening area to stay in Hikka. Also do you know of any budget hotel in this happening /downtown area?

2 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    • Transport from Hikkaduwa

by eljuwa Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I am staying at the Coral Sands Hotel, Hikkaduwa. I need transport from this hotel to Panadura (Old Galle Road) on 18 April morning. What are my options ? Train, Private Bus or taxi. What is the cost ? Thanks. James Peiris

4 Answers Apr 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    • Funky de bar - any feedback on accommodation?

by angela.paki Online Now Mar 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Hello
      Myself and a friend (2girls) are planning to stay at Funky de bar in a few weeks.
      I've only been able to find reviews on this place as a restaurant but wondered what it was like as a place to sleep? All feedback welcome. And recommendations on Hikkaduwa too :) cheers!

2 Answers Apr 30, 2012 at 1:57 AM
    • Hi there

by tashlansley Online Now Mar 19, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Hello, Im coming to Hikkaduwa in a week and I read a post about a300 package deal to the maldives. Anyone know where I can find out more? Thanks, Tash x

3 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 2:43 AM
    • accomodation for a older family

by Kerryovensbrown Online Now Jul 2, 2007 at 8:13 AM

We are a family of 9, 17yrs to 60, we like more natural area, on the beach but also with shops 7 restuarant available to us, we thought of Hikkaduwa but just read ur reveiw, can you suggest somewhere else for us to look into.
      thanks
      Kerry

2 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 2:43 AM
    • Hotels

by JP5 Online Now Apr 19, 2007 at 12:32 PM

Hi,

Please could anybody tell me of a website where i can get the e-mail adresses of the hotels to contact them directly, or know a website where you can get the best deals for hotels in Sri Lanka?

Thanks

6 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 2:38 AM
    • Scuba Diving

by JP5 Online Now Apr 19, 2007 at 10:22 AM

Travelling to Sri Lanka in December, Possibly staying in Hikkaduwa and wondering if there is many places to scuba dive and much to see? If not anywhere else around hikkaduwa area to dive?

2 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 2:44 AM
    • trip with 2 small children

by rosjeal Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 8:11 AM

Hi
      We are planning our first trip to sri Lanka next Jan with our 2 children who will be 4 and just under 2 and are planning to stay in Hikkaduwa for the main part of it. Can anyone tell me what the mosquitos are REALLY like? I've read all the official travel advice and it all sounds a bit worrying - especially as the repellants with DEET in are not recommended for use on under 2s.
      Also, we'd love to break our journey back up to Colombo and the airport somewhere - to see a bit of inland Sri lanka. i'm particularly interested in a place called Ella and a guesthouse called Ambiente Guesthouse. Firstly, can anyone give me a rough idea of how long it would take to drive from Hikkaduwa to Ella and then from ella back to negombo / Colombo? Secondly, has anyone got any better / more suitable alternatives?
      ANY advice about a holiday to Sri lanka with two little ones would be really appreciated too!
      Thanks ever so much
      Ros

1 Answer Apr 15, 2007 at 12:33 PM
    • Golden Sands Hotel

by adam_surf Online Now Jan 29, 2007 at 5:20 AM

Hi, I'm going to Hikkaduwa in March and have been recommended the Golden Sands Hotel. Has anyone stayed there and how much did you pay? Oh and how much is the taxi from Colombo?

Thanks
      Adam

1 Answer Jan 29, 2007 at 6:04 AM
    • Surfing Excursion

by krobson123 Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 6:30 AM

I am getting married at the Mt Lavinia Hotel on the 2nd of March. On the 27th of Feb, myself and several of the guests would like to go on a surf trip down to Hikkaduwa.

We are looking for a relaxed, no frills hotel/guest house that is close to a good surfing spot. We only intend to stay for one night and leave midday on the 28th. Can you think of any places that would match our criteria? Should we book in advance or just head down the coast and look for a place to stay when we get there or will this open us up to disappointment?

Secondly, we wish to leave Mt Lavinia early on the 27th to make our way down to Hikkaduwa. What would be our best option for transport?

Any suggestions will be most appreciated

7 Answers Jan 5, 2007 at 3:26 AM
    • Hikkaduwa - Top Secret or Vibrations

by clipper24 Online Now Oct 3, 2005 at 3:56 AM

Hi there !! I'm planning a visit (December) to Sri Lanka costal region in particular Hikaduwa ., can some one tell me the current situation with regard to nightlife and beach area in Hikaduwa .. last time (1998) I was there , I went to this great night club/pub "Top Secret" .. can any one tell me whether it's still functional ??

Appreciate very much

1 Answer Oct 4, 2005 at 5:28 AM
    • iainmitchell's Profile Photo

A Place to stay in Hikkaduwa

by iainmitchell Online Now Sep 26, 2004 at 2:26 PM

I've been to Hikkaduwa 5 times. The first 3 times were at Hansa Surf Hotel and the last two times was at a Place 2 doors or next door to Hansa. I'm trying to remember what the place is called and how to contact them as I want to stay there over xmas 2004. I'm sure it was something like Moonlight hotel, can anybody help me? Also has anybody met Garmony a Sri Lankan guy that can get you anything? I would like to get in touch with him

6 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 2:42 AM
    • is it safe from shark attack to surf in Sri Lanka?

by pimon Online Now Feb 6, 2004 at 7:42 PM

I'm worried about shark attack. anyone knows about this? anyway how many days I should spend in Sri lanka for? i love to see some hill too and go surfing and see some other ancient. does anyone know there's cheap package from Colombo to Maldives? how much would it cost and where can I find it in Colombo? thank u very much

4 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 8:47 PM