Hikkaduwa Travel Answers

change location

Hi there

by tashlansley Online Now Mar 19, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Hello, Im coming to Hikkaduwa in a week and I read a post about a300 package deal to the maldives. Anyone know where I can find out more? Thanks, Tash x

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Maxus's Profile Photo

Re: Hi there

by Maxus Online Now Mar 20, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Hiya Tash,

I don’t know about a300 trip but if you don’t find the exact deal a company called Classic Travel (http://www.classictravelbiz.com/) might be worth checking out, their website offers the Maldives ‘from’ around350 and most of the bigger Sri Lanka travel agencies will offer something similar. It might be worth looking on the net now and emailing the more reputable ones to see what they can arrange.

I guess with a week to go you already booked your ticket to Sri Lanka, I don't suppose there is time to change it and add the Maldives as part of a stopover.

The Maldives isn’t a cheap destination but the really expensive part of a package from Sri Lanka is the flight. Male is less than an hour from Colombo but a ticket might cost you200 or even more where as the extra you will pay for a stopover is a fraction of this.

If you can arrange a stopover book the accommodation with a Sri Lankan agent before you go(and you will need a transfer too). If try to book accommodation on arrival it really will work out expensive.

Regards

Mark

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hi there

by tashlansley Online Now Mar 21, 2008 at 5:53 AM

Thanks thats really helpful.

Tash

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Hi there

by sritra Online Now Jul 17, 2008 at 2:43 AM