change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ina08's Profile Photo

Tip for a restaurant to celebrate

Edinburgh Nov 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM

On Friday I will have my graduation ceremony at Edinburgh University (yes, I am a "mature" student, lol). Since we are busy on the Friday I would like to celebrate in a nice place the evening before.

What am I looking for? A nice, thoughtful atmosphere, setting and location, inspiring and attractive food and drinks, expense range: I would draw the line at 50 Pounds per person (it's a celebration, isn't it smiley??). We do not have a car and are staying at Portobello, so any place that is reachable by public transport or also by taxi will be fine.

I look forward to your suggestions. And maybe you'd like to join me for a drink on Saturday, I have posted a VT Meet.

more
    • Places around Inverness for one day tour

Inverness Aug 30, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I am a visitor from India and will be in Inverness for two & half day. Will like to spend sometime away from Inverness. I will not be having car. Can anyone recommend me places to visit and how should I travel - is it possible to have public transport? I am told that bus timings are odd and very infrequent.

6 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    • Driving Tips from Edinburgh to Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Jul 31, 2014 at 5:27 AM

We are planning to go to Isle of Skye from Edinburgh during this coming August by rented car. However, I'm nervous about driving car here in Scotland. So could someone please help advise me the tips and things to be worry about?
      Also, we will take our kid which is 3 years old with us. Is there anything I should worry about taking him with us?
      Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM
    • Dunvegan to Kyle of Lochalsh

Isle of Skye Jul 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Hi! I'll be back packing around isle of skye at the end of August. I want to explore some hikes around Portree and Dunvegan. And I'm looking for the cheapest option of getting from dunvegan to kyle of Lochalsh. I'm catching a train from Kyle to glasgow. Any ideas?

1 Answer Jul 17, 2014 at 10:48 PM
    • What should I pack

Fort William Jul 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Holidaying in Fort William area at beginning of August, what should I take to wear?

4 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM
    • how to reach isle of skye from edinburgh-waverly station

Isle of Skye Jul 1, 2014 at 3:34 AM

hi, i will be travelling to scotland in the month of july and have already booked the hotel . we are family of 7, we want to visit isle of skye.since the booking of the hotel has already been done so the visit will be a day tour. can u please suggest the best way to reach the place

6 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 3:15 AM
    • Transportation around Inverness

Inverness Jun 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM

We want to visit MacBean(MacBain) Memorial Gardens near Inverness. How can we get there?

2 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    • Aviemore to Glasgow Airport

Aviemore Jun 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I am flying to Dublin on July 23rd leaving at 2:45. I will have been staying in Aviemore and want to know how to get to the Airport as quickly as possible on the morning of July 23rd.
      Thank you for your advice.

10 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • Fishing Loch Cainard / Ardmair Point

Ullapool Jun 11, 2014 at 9:02 AM

What sort of fish can be caught in the Loch?

• Benalucille's Profile Photo

Looking for great b&b

Inverness Jun 6, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Four female relatives will be traveling in the Inverness area of Scotland in early October. Does anyone know of a bed and breakfast or guest house that has a great view and is close to public transportation?

• Driving Applecross Pass

Applecross May 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM

What's it really like? Have read mixed comments, so I;m not sure who to believe. I'll be there in late June.

8 Answers May 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM
    • joecairo's Profile Photo

kyle of Lochalsh to Portree after 8:30pm

Isle of Skye May 16, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I'll be arriving to Kyle of Lochalsh at 8:30pm needing to then travel to Portree. I'm train-ing, bus-ing, and last resort taxi-ing it around Scotland. Wanted to know if anyone knows my options and for what cost?! Thanks for the help in advance... - Joe

2 Answers May 17, 2014 at 12:56 AM
    • 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

1 Answer Apr 11, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

2 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM
    • Geetika30's Profile Photo

Isle of skye for 2 days

Isle of Skye Apr 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Is it better to hire a Isle of skye tour or one can roam around the whole area with public transport?

10 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM
    • 8 days in Scotland

Isle of Skye Mar 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I am planning my family's first trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days. I am wondering if I should include the Isle of Skye? My children are 12 and 9 (my son turns 10 while we are there). So far I am planning 2 days in Edinburgh, 2 days for Perth and the surrounding areas, 2 days in Inverness and the surrounding areas and I was just wondering where best to spend the other 2 days. Thanks

10 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • rainerfrank's Profile Photo

50cc-motorbike to hire

John O'Groats Mar 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Does any body know an agency or station or a private person in the area between Thurso and John 0`Groats or on the Orkneys of whom I can hire a 50cc or 80cc motorbike (scooter or dirtbike or similar)? I would like to go to Orkney Isles for some 5 days. Please answer soon as I am going at the end of april Thanks a lot for careing.
      With cordial greetings from Carinthia / Austria,
      Rainer

9 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • Is it worth it?

Isle of Skye Mar 1, 2014 at 3:30 PM

This will be my first trip to Scotland. I want to experience "authentic" Scotland, not a tourist trap. Is Isle of Skye the right place to go? How long should I spend there? Should I stay there, or just a day visit?

6 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • Canny Tours

Inverness Feb 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Is Canny Tours (Inverness) still in business?
      I tried to email them from the address on their website, however it was returned to me as undeliverable.

5 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 3:45 AM
    • MsHollyClaus's Profile Photo

Local Transport

Applecross Jan 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Is there any local transport either from Kyle or Inverness to Applecross, or from any reasonably close train station?

6 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 12:59 AM
    • Harris chess sets

Isle of Skye Jan 16, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Where can I buy a Harris Chess set in Portree

5 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Tommo5226's Profile Photo

TRavel from Achnasheen station to Loch Torridon hotel

Achnasheen Dec 27, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Is there a bus/taxi service from the station at Achnasheen to Loch Torridon Hotel?. We hope to visit in April 2014.

2 Answers Dec 27, 2013 at 6:07 AM
    • DannyM34's Profile Photo

Inverness to Drumnadrochit

Loch Ness Dec 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM

We are going to Great Britain at the end of March '14 to visit our granddaughter who will be spending a semester in college at Grantham. We plan on several days in Scotland and plan on using the train from Grantham to Edinburgh (two night stay) to Kincraig to Inverness. We have booked a B & B in Drumnadrochit but we are wondering what is the best way to travel from the train station in Inverness to Drumnadrochit and back. Our granddaughter has a 5 day weekend and we will travel by train from Inverness all the way back to Grantham in one day.

3 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    • Buses from Kyle of Lochalsh

Isle of Skye Oct 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I cannot find an up to date timetable that tells me whether I can get a bus from Kyle of Lochalsh to the Isle of Skye around 20th December and whether it runs regularly or only on some days at certain times? Can anyone point me in the right direction or know what the buses are like?

3 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • esential shop requisites in applecross village

Applecross Aug 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM

staying in Applecross village in Sept 2013. would like to buy food whilst in the area, finding it difficult to see what basic goods are available. Any info would be appreciated?

6 Answers May 7, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • phone signal

Isle of Skye Aug 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Can you get a phone signal ( vodafone) at the old man of storr

9 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 1:53 AM
    • phone signal

Isle of Skye Aug 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Do you know if you get a phone signal ( vodaphone) at The old man of storr

1 Answer Aug 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    • Waiting for transport in Inverness

Inverness Aug 15, 2013 at 1:53 PM

What pubs/restaurants would be open between midnight and four am midweek

2 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    • Travelling to Durness

Durness Aug 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM

What would be the cheapest way to get there. I will be travelling from london.

3 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    • Easiest route from Edinburgh to Portee on Skye

Isle of Skye Jul 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM

What is the easiest, most highways and widest roads, to get from Edinburgh to Portree

6 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM
    • isle of skye sights

Isle of Skye Jul 19, 2013 at 8:52 AM

With only a couple days to spend on the Isle of Sky I would like to try and get the most bang for my buck so to speak. Plans are to be there in July of 2014. Will be traveling by car. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM