Herzliya Travel Answers

change location

sublet in Herzliya

by anja_1 Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 5:36 AM

Hi,
I will be spending some time in Herzliya from June 2 through July 9, 2006, in order to attend classes at the IDC Herzliya. I'm still in need of an affordable accomodation, like a room in a shared house or apartment, which is not too far from the university. Even though I've never been to Herzliya before, I feel like there are only hotels, but no other options available...Is there anyone who could give me an advice where to conduct my housing search best, or is anyone, by any chance, currently looking for a short-term roommate?
Many thanks!!
Anja

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • RE: sublet in Herzliya

by Tom77 Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 6:30 AM

tough one...
    if you needed a sublet in tel aviv it would have been much easyer.
    my advise to you is:
    1. check out www.homeless.co.il for short term housing in herzelia. the problem is that this site is in hebrew so you need a hebrew speaker to help you with that. i checked for you just now and there is no short term housing offers at the moment in that area.
    2. ask a friend or even someone from the IDC staff if you know someone there to put an add on the billboard at the IDC itself. there might be students that look for a replacement to their appartment for that time although the chances are no too good since the times you have mentioned are the end of the semester and the beggining of the exam period.
    3. try to contact the student association of the IDC, maybe they can help.

good luck

Tom.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: sublet in Herzliya

by Tom77 Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 7:26 AM

p.s.

4. find a sublet in tel aviv - it's much easyer to find and it's only 20 minutes drive to the IDC (maybe with a bus it's a little more) + you will be in the center of things, night life etc.

if you have more questions you can contact me at:
    tom.apelstein@gmail.com

• MariusG's Profile Photo

RE: sublet in Herzliya

by MariusG Online Now Apr 22, 2006 at 8:31 AM

Here, in Herzliya, it would be difficult, while in Tel-Aviv you could also be staying at the youth hotel - see this link (in English):
    youth-hostels.org.il/asg_e/C... .
    I think that the room price is USD40 and the bed price is USD20

• lsalin's Profile Photo

RE: sublet in Herzliya

by lsalin Online Now May 17, 2006 at 9:43 PM

Anja,

I saw your ad on another website. I am a criminologist from the U.S. who will be overlapping time at IDC with you. The hotels in Herzliya have special IDC rates. For example, the Tadmor is like 60 per night. It doesn't have internet service, but the town seems to have internet cafes. I would be interested in talking with you about what you are going there to study, but not on here. My email address is lars@astate.edu and my yahoo messenger ID is daytimer7. >Larry

• Re: sublet in Herzliya

by gnelle Online Now Sep 7, 2008 at 2:18 PM

I know this is old but I just found your post. Did you ever find a place to live? I will be attending IDC starting this November and I still have no place to live. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Brett (USA)

Re: sublet in Herzliya

by MariusG Online Now Sep 18, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Brett, here is the link for Tadmor hotel, mentioned by lsalin: tadmor.co.il/abouthotel_en.a...
    You might also want to check with IDC if they have special rates with any hotels here.
    Cheers,
    Marius

• Re: sublet in Herzliya

by ap268 Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 1:28 AM

Brett, (or anyone else that can help) I just found out that I will be attending IDC starting this November and I am in desperate need of a room near the university. Can you give me any advise on where to look for? I know that this is really cutting it, but I was just recently accepted. My email alexander.pipas@gmail.com. Alex

Re: sublet in Herzliya

by MariusG Online Now Oct 24, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Hi guys,
    If you are going to stay long enough, then maybe it makes sense to use a real-estate agency services. Here are some with English websites:
    nadlan4u.2me.co.il/changeLan...
    anglo-saxon.co.il/indexEng.a...
    http://www.nadlanplus.com/realestate/
    Good luick,
    Marius

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines