Herzliya Travel Answers

change location

Directions to Sharon Hotel, Herzlia

by atulc Online Now Sep 2, 2004 at 1:24 PM

I am travelling to Israel for the first time, I would like to know the driving directions from Tel Aviv Airport to Sharon Hotel, on Ramot Yam St , Herzlia. Can you please assist me in providing me the information.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Sharon's Profile Photo

Re: Directions to Sharon Hotel, Herzlia

by Sharon Online Now Sep 3, 2004 at 1:35 AM

Just use a Local map, you may find it in the Airport or in the Book store there. Its not really easy to explain it here although its quite easy to get there from the Airoport. S.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HJIL's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Directions to Sharon Hotel, Herzlia

by HJIL Online Now Sep 3, 2004 at 4:16 AM

I would expect that your hotel can also help you. I don't have a map of Herzelia so I don't really know.

• HJIL's Profile Photo

by HJIL Online Now Sep 3, 2004 at 4:43 AM

OK well I looked it up and found where it is. Since I drive to that street all the time from jerusalem, here are the directions from the airport: From airport follow signs to Tel Aviv. THis should take you to Highway 1, which will merge with the Highway 20 (Ayalon Freeway) When you see the Kibbutz Galuyot or Arlozorov exit, that means you're now on 20. Don't exit! Keep going straight, passing exit signs for Tel Aviv University, exhibition grounds, KKL, etc. Keep going straight until you see a sign for Herzelia Pituach. Warning, Herzelia is not the same as herzelia Pituach. (If I remember correctly, Herzelia is the last exit, and for Hertzelia Pituach you just keep going straight. Then the road will curve around a sharp circular ramp. Then you reach a traffic light where all lanes turn right. After you have turned right here, you will cross a large road and find yourself inside of Herzelia Pituach. The first right after you crossed this road is on Maskit street will take you past some restaurants on your left. Take the second left (I think it's the second, I don't promise) on Medinat ha Yehudim Street, which will take you past a circle or too and then on to the beach. At the end of Medinat Yehudim you're facing the beach and you can't go straight so you go right (north). This is the main hotel strip and this hotel is one of the northern-most hotels on that street. You may want to look at a map of Hertzelia to understand these directions. Anyone from Herzelia please tell me if anything is incorrect with my directions. Anyway Hertzelia Pituach is small and you should be able to get directions if you miss a turn.

• MariusG's Profile Photo

by MariusG Online Now Sep 5, 2004 at 12:42 AM

Atul Greetings, You might want to use the eMap website at http://www.emap.co.il/eng_index.asp , since it has an English Menu. The menu is somehow different from what you might be used in the States, so here are some instructions: As Source, choose "Place" and then -Nationwide- ; Airports & Lending Fields ; Ben Gurion Airport As Destination, choose also "Place" and then Herzliya ; Hotels ; Ha-Sharon Just in case, here are some instructions: Look for Tel-Aviv Exit signs; they will bring you Highway No. 1 North - about 10 miles (note: all the exits are on the right - don't take any of them, just keep straight ahead). Highway No. 1 becomes Ayalon-North...Go all the way North until the Highway end; this will take you to Shivat Ha-Kohavim Interchange - about 6 miles Keep straight ahead under the bridge on Medinat Ha-Yehudim for about 1km; you will pass several traffic lights and immediately after a parking lot turn right at the Wingate Street. After about another 1 mile you will see a shopping center - turn right; after about 0.5 miles you will Hotel Ha-Sharon. As you could see from my homepage, I myself leave in Herzliya, so if you need some information there, I will be glad to try and get it for you. Have a great stay here, Marius

• HJIL's Profile Photo

by HJIL Online Now Sep 5, 2004 at 11:53 PM

Have you taken those directions yourself? Because if you just go straight and don't take any exits from Ayalon, you don't end up at medinat hayehudim. You end up south of medinat hayehudim and then you have to turn right on Maskit to get to medinat hayehudim. Maybe those directions work if you take the exit for Herzelia?

• HJIL's Profile Photo

by HJIL Online Now Sep 6, 2004 at 12:20 AM

:-) Maybe I will go to Hertzelia this weekend and figure this one out. Now I'm getting confused. I think the best advice we can give this guy is to take a taxi :-)

by MariusG Online Now Sep 6, 2004 at 8:36 AM

Hannah, please don't you worry. I live in Herzliya and drive around these places quite often. This being said, I would definitely encourage you to take advantage of Atul visit here and come by to Herzliya as well, as we have some really nice places here, such as the Apollonia National Park, the new Marina and some great coffee shops. Here is a link with some information (in English, so our VT friend Atul will be also be able to browse it). --Marius ==================== On Monday Sep 6 10:20:42 2004, you wrote: > :-) Maybe I will go to Hertzelia this weekend > and figure this one out. Now I'm getting > confused. I think the best advice we can give > this guy is to take a taxi :-)

by MariusG Online Now Sep 6, 2004 at 8:37 AM

Oops - missed the link; here it is: http://www.index.co.il/herzliya/ --M.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines