Herzliya Travel Answers

change location
sunnyboy78's Profile Photo

Visit to herizilia

by sunnyboy78 Online Now Jan 10, 2004 at 9:05 AM

hiii, this is sunny .... i live in india and i m supposed to visit herizilia (israel) in two weeks from now .... i'll be on project trip for next five-six months .... i would like to know .... what sort of weather/climate will be there for next six months? .... moreover, i'll be glad to have some pen friend from there or someone who has visited that place. thanks. sunny

Quote & Answer
21 Answers
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: Visit to herizilia

by Gili_S Online Now Jan 10, 2004 at 9:33 AM

The weather during January-February can be rather cold and you will need warm cloths, it will get warmer and warmer as going into the summer. You can always just check the weather in Tel Aviv as it is practically the same. http://www.forecast.co.il/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • edvin_br's Profile Photo

by edvin_br Online Now Jan 10, 2004 at 11:58 AM

herzliya is a great place to live, the center of Israel. The weather there in 2-3 coming mnths will be prety cold and rainy, 5-10 degrees at night and 10-20 in the day. In the next months it will be much warmer. I had visited the place few times and there is a part of the city that called "herzliya pituah" that has a great beach, hotels, restaurants, clubs, pubs and shops and this is the place where you should hang out.

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Visit to Herzeliya

by Sharon Online Now Jan 10, 2004 at 12:27 PM

The weather should be a bit cold till the end of february (though there will be nice warm days inbetween). Nights are colder and can go down to 10c. From march it starts to be warm and from april till July its quite warm and summer weather. which means between 23c - 35c

• Re: Visit to Herzeliya

by ramot418 Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 12:47 AM

Let me just add: (1) Herzliya is, for all practical purposes, a suburb of Tel Aviv (about 10 km north of it). (2) During the summer months (June -> September) the temperature is almost constantly 28 to 32 C (except for occasional heat waves), and the humidity about 65% most of the time. And, of course, it never rains during these months.

• sunshinee's Profile Photo

by sunshinee Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 12:58 AM

hertzliya is a very nice area, there is a nice beach, i was there in the jan and summer 2003. actually the winter when i was there, the weather in day time was very pleasant and it got chilli at night. hope u enjoy yr stay in israel. i liked it a lot.

• inuit's Profile Photo

by inuit Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 1:18 AM

the forecast for this winter is snow blizzards and down to minus 25 degrees in Herzelia district. You can use Haskies sledges taxi to get to Herzelia if you come from the air port and there is a new icebreaker service if you come by the sea.

• Re: Re: Visit to herizilia

by ramot418 Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 1:37 AM

Good one, inuit (good Eskimo name). Got a good laugh. Sounds as if you woke up in Churchill, MB, Canada. :) Maybe we should order some snowmobiles from Bombardier? :) Steve (who is looking for his ice skates).

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Visit to herizilia

by Gili_S Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 4:06 AM

Talking about ice and such, we just came back home after a bit of ice hockey outside, picture is on my home page. :)

• kevarms's Profile Photo

Re: Visit to Herzeliya

by kevarms Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 4:25 AM

Sharon : 10c is cold ???? :)

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Visit to Herzeliya

by Sharon Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 4:26 AM

No, Actually Its not cold at all ;-)) Its just FREEZING !

by ramot418 Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 4:43 AM

kev, if Sharon spent a winter in Canada, she would never complain again about the Israeli winters!! :)

• Re: Re: Visit to Herzeliya

by ramot418 Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 4:50 AM

Sharon: "tidbak leshoni lekhiki, im eskakhaikh Yerushalyim" - Everyone in Canada must have forgotten about Jerusalem, since it happens all the time. :)))))))))

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Visit to Herzeliya

by Sharon Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 4:58 AM

Well i spent all last winter in England ! and it wasnt hot nor mild. Just that its not often that cold here but when its cold it is sooooooo cold, cause of the distance from the Sea. Even my friends who grew up in Holland and live here for a few yearss now say that the cold here is worst then in Holland (at same temperture), and we all know how cold it is there. I ugess i just got used to the warm weather again and now im freeeeing. Sharon. P.S. What was that Jerusaelem thingi Steve ?

• Re: Re: Visit to Herzeliya

by ramot418 Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 5:07 AM

From the Jewish wedding ceremony, just before the groom breaks the glass.

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Visit to Herzeliya

by Sharon Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 5:28 AM

I know that Steve ! lol just didnt really get the connection...

by ramot418 Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 5:56 AM

Oh sorry :) It's sooooo cold, your tongue sticks to your palate (khaikh). That's an exaggeration of course, but when it's below zero, you never let your tongue touch anything *outside* your mouth, because it will stick to the surface - especially metal!

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Visit to Herzeliya

by Sharon Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 5:58 AM

Ahha !... well cold or not cold my tongue definitelly stick to any food which is around me.. lol

• sunnyboy78's Profile Photo

by sunnyboy78 Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 8:06 PM

Guys, so it seems it is gonna be cold for next two months there .... back here in delhi (india), it is very much the same .... mercury has dipped to 7 degrees .... and tell u, for me it is real cold ..... may not be as cold as in canada :) ....... so i guess when sharon says itz freezing cold ... i 'll pack myself with some nice warmers/jumpers/pullovers ... :) ...... and also it seems that herizilia is a very good place to be in ..... beautiful beaches !!! ...... so i think i 'll enjoy my stay there .. sunshineee .... so thanks a lot ..... guys .... be in touch ... keep writing .... anyone who wanna know more abt me/india ... anything that i know :) ... most welcome ..... else might c u there .... take care , sunny

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Visit to herzeliya

by Sharon Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 11:14 PM

I just meant that 10c is realatively cold for me. i dont think its going to be that cold for another too month, its gona starte getting warmer towards March although noight maybe cold then but not as cold as this specific days. im sure you'll face more hot days here then cold ones so preper your self to that as well.

• kevarms's Profile Photo

Brrrr ......

by kevarms Online Now Jan 14, 2004 at 5:56 AM

Sharon, I just added a pic to my homepage of the view from my window when I woke up today. As we say here .... it's a little bit parky :) Remind you of London ??

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Re: Brrrr ......

by Sharon Online Now Jan 14, 2004 at 6:24 AM

Thanks Kev ! see comment at your page..

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines