change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

Gold Coast Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

more
    • bus phone number

Hamilton Island Yesterday

Hi

What is the phone number for us getting a bus from hamilton island airport to the marina

Regards

Michele

more
    • Living in Port Douglas

Port Douglas Apr 18, 2014 at 4:51 AM

Hi, there is a possibility myself and my family will be moving to Port Douglas. I will start by saying it looks stunningly beautiful there. My concern is the wildlife - crocodiles, snakes etc? May sound far fetched - sorry, but where I will be coming from we have no crocodiles, tree snakes etc. Can I expect to see a lot of crocodiles, snakes, frogs etc? and will I see any or many in my house / yard?

more
    • Driving/staying on Fraser Island

Fraser Island Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Daintree Rainforest Visit with a 1 year old

State of Queensland Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Hi VTers!

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Daintree Rainforest. Little did I know that there are so many different areas to explore! It seems like these all offers different things to see in the rainforest, but my main concern is that we will have a 1 year old with us. I am trying to determine if there is an area that will be easier for us to visit with him. We will most likely have to carry him. As much as we would like to do a hike through the rainforest, I don't think that will be possible, but we would definitely like to see as much of the environment as we can.

Cape Tribulation has caught our eye, but the Daintree Discovery Centre and Mossman Gorge Center also sound like they provide good options for traveling with a young child.

We will have a rental car 4WD. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, Kimberly

more
    • About Toll Charges in Queensland

State of Queensland Apr 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Is anyone able to advice me on the toll charges in Queensland?
      Will be renting vehicle from Brisbane Airport > Gold Coast (Day 1)
      And from Gold Coast > Sunshine Coast (Day 7)
      Sunshine Coast > Brisbane Airport (Day 10)

As I am comparing 2 car rental pricing.
      AUD837 (Toll charges to be charge direct to my credit card) vs AUD1,037 (inclusive Toll Charges)
      Which deal is a better offer with all other criteria the same.

more
    • Sunshine Coast

State of Queensland Mar 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Dear friends,
      Seriously need some help on Sunshine Coast total 4 adults (1 elderly age 68) & 2 childrens (age 6 & 4).
      Will be checking out from Gold coast (Tue) to Sunshine coast (2hrs journey) and tentatively staying in Caloundra area.
      Few destination in mind, but at a lost on how to plan the route. 3.5 full days in Sunshine coast.
      1) Australia Zoo (1/2 day enough?)
      2) Glass house mountain (1/2 day enough?)
      3) Fraser Island day tour (Which tour agency is recommended? But seems like alot of time will be spend on travelling as Caloundra is quite far out from Fraser Island). So might not go ahead with Fraser Island.
      4) Ginger Factory (1/2 day enough?)
      5) Blackall range
      6) King's Beach (1/2 day enough?)
      7) Eumundi Market (Wednesday AM), where to proceed next from Eumundi market?
      8) Any wineyard to recommend and is it harvesting season in early May?
      9) Noosa (What is recommended there?)
      Will be checking out on saturday early morning to catch a flight in Brisbane back to my home town.
      Therefore, would appreciate all your kind assistant on helping me to plan these few days itinernary so that I don't have to travel up and down aimlessly.
      p/s : I have already rent a car thoughout my journey from 10 days journey.
      Thank you all in advance :)

more
    • Whats your opinion of hervey bay for a family holiday?

by brjjs5 Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 9:55 PM

We are looking into a week long trip soon with sons aged 10 and 15. They really want to fly somewhere and am trying to keep to a tight budget. Have heard Hervey Bay is a nice place?????

3 Answers Aug 28, 2010 at 4:22 AM
    • thinking of moving to hervey bay

by tez&jas Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 12:04 AM

hi were thinking of doing the big move from south coast nsw up to hervey bay,would like to here from any locals there that can tell me things about, how hot does it get? is it true its hot windy and rain all in the same day? crocodiles are thay there can u swim ,what about the kids swimming, the jellfish 'irukandji' do thay stop u swimming there? u live in all this beauty but do these thing stop u from enjoying the place? thanks.

3 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 5:38 AM
    • Info for family wanting to move to Hervey Bay

by whip Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Hi i am after info on Hervey Bay we are looking to move there in 2011, we have 2 kids one primary school age and one looking to go to Uni.
      What is the work situation for labours or alike?
      What is the work avaliabilty for nurses/hospice work?
      what is the school system like?
      sport facilities,
      are there many hobby farms in the area?
      we will be visiting in May for a look around and to suss things out..
      any help would be apprieciated....

4 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    • nada1712's Profile Photo

Lady Elliot island

by nada1712 Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Do any of you Oz's know or have stayed on this island in the Great Barrier Reef.
      I am looking at for a snorkeling destination....

3 Answers Apr 15, 2010 at 3:39 AM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Whale watching

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Jul 2, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Wife's birthday coming up and she'd like to go whale watching in Hervey Bay. Number of whale watch operators, all of which I'm sure will be quite adequate and professional. However, I was wondering if anyone could advise of personal experiences on any of the following tours and their recommendations:
      Tasman Venture, Spirit of Hervey Bay, Quick Cat II, that's Awesome, Mikat, Whalesong, Blue Dolphin, Shayla and Volante III.

Any recommendations on best time of day? Some info I've got says in the morning for calmer seas, others say in the afternoon for increased whale activity.

While the "season" starts mid-July and finishes end-November, when would the best time be?

Appreciate any inputs! Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 7, 2009 at 9:50 PM
    • moving to hervey bay

by kazbright Online Now May 20, 2007 at 12:32 AM

we are hoping to move to hervey bay aug 2008 can anyone tell me whats it like. i have a four year old and 16 year old children. what are schools and colleges like etc. any info please.

3 Answers Jul 4, 2007 at 11:27 PM
    • Which Whale Trip??

by IansTrippings Online Now May 16, 2007 at 8:22 PM

What tour do you recommend?? from your own experance.

6 Answers Nov 30, 2007 at 3:00 AM
    • moving

by zaymaykai Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 4:28 AM

Hi we are wanting to move to hervey bay in the new year, we have 3 children under 7 and were wondering what the town has to offer growing familys. we will be moving from cains so it a big move and dont want to making a big mistake. what type so shopping centres are there and is there a bmx club, if any could tell us anything it would be great as the webs sites are all aimed at visiters not locals and i know that living in a place is very different to a 5 night stay. thanks for any help

3 Answers Jun 19, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    • true or not true

by whothaman308 Online Now Mar 10, 2007 at 5:59 PM

I've heard that the owner of seven nightclub gets realy drunk then wrecks the night by giving a long and boring speech on drugs and alcohol. every one that i have spoken to that has been there says that most of the workers are realy rude and unplesant. "If it wasn't for the DJ's the club would be nothing" is the comment that i hear commonly.
      kind regards

1 Answer Dec 27, 2007 at 5:29 AM
    • tomli0829's Profile Photo

Need urgent help! Hervey Bay hostel

by tomli0829 Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 4:51 AM

Hi , I don't know how to choose among Next Backpackers, Aussie Woodshed and The Friendly Hostel. They all look good! Any advise please? We are a couple, want to book private room with ensuite. This is our first time travelling to Hervey then to L.E. Island, no car so it would be better to stay close to everything. During our stay in Hervey Bay, we want to go fishing as well.

Hope someone can give me ideas.

Many thanks!
      Lisa

1 Answer Aug 26, 2007 at 1:19 PM
    • tomli0829's Profile Photo

Need urgent help! Hervey Bay hostel

by tomli0829 Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 3:49 AM

Hi , I don't know how to choose among Next Backpackers, Aussie Woodshed and The Friendly Hostel. They all look good! Any advise please? We are a couple, want to book private room with ensuite. This is our first time travelling to Hervey then to L.E. Island, no car so it would be better to stay close to everything. During our stay in Hervey Bay, we want to go fishing as well.

Hope someone can give me ideas.

Many thanks!
      Lisa

• best party sceen in the Hervey Bay?

by whothaman_308 Online Now Oct 1, 2006 at 1:42 AM

About my self:
      My name is Matt, I'm an 18 year old lad that loves travelling the east coast. My reason for travelling is to learn about different nightclubs/party sceens in different towns. My lifelong wish is to own a nightclub that will become an icon

Scenario:
      Heading to hervey bay tomorrow and wanting to follow the crowd on the coming weekend for a good couple of nights out on the town after a few days of reconnaissance tours and sight seeing.

Question:
      Where is the reccomended hot spots and what do they have to offer?
      where do all the local youth go to pick up?

cheers,
      Matt

2 Answers Oct 1, 2006 at 11:32 PM
    • eviltooth's Profile Photo

Getting to Hervey Bay

by eviltooth Online Now Sep 29, 2004 at 10:02 AM

Hi, I'm planning to move to Hervey Bay. I heard that Qantas Link flies there from Brisbane but when I checked the Qantas website I couldn't find Hervey Bay. Can anyone tell me where's the nearest airport? Thanks!

3 Answers Nov 14, 2005 at 6:36 PM
    • hervey bay

by mellybellymelly Online Now Apr 17, 2004 at 11:31 PM

what is the hospital called in hervey bay and is here any jobs there

3 Answers Apr 21, 2004 at 3:46 PM