Hertfordshire

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• going back to airport on marathon day

London 5 hours ago

we are going back to luton airport from london on april 26. it's the marathon day .can it be a probleme is we leave after 19.00 ? I don't know yet if by tube and train or taxi.

more
    • Car park at Windermere

Windermere Mar 28, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Hi, I have book at day tour with mountain goats. We be driving up there and was wondering where can I park my car while we were on the tour. Any free parking?

more
    • Bus service 18 at Manchester airport

Manchester Mar 28, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Hi, which airport terminal is bus service 18 located at? I am taking this bus to Sale Metrolink station. And at the airport, where can I purchase wayfarer tickets?

more
    • Theofiel's Profile Photo

cottage rental

Penzance Mar 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM

looking for an apartment vacation rental in Penzance with a coastal view, any suggested places?

more
    • Preston to Blackburn - options?

Lancashire Mar 19, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Hi there,

I'm wanting to go from The Universty of Lancashire's campus in Preston (PR1) to see a friend at St. Mary's College Blackburn (BB1), on the 31st of this month. I'm wondering what the cheapest/fastest way to do this is. Is there a particular bus line that I could take, and where's the best place I could catch this bus?

Thanks and all the best, Hashim

more
    • tzooper's Profile Photo

Transit from Southampton Port to Portsmouth Ferry port

Southampton Mar 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM

My wife and I will be arriving via cruise ship into Southampton in July '15 and will need to transfer as soon a possible to the Portsmouth Ferry port. What are the best options for making this transfer? I will appreciate all suggestions.

more
    • Restaurant advice!

Cambridge Mar 17, 2015 at 8:09 AM

Hi, I'm looking to book somewhere for a Saturday night for 6 people to celebrate my husbands 50thbirthday. Really good food and atmosphere is important. I wondered if any locals could help? There is a place that looks like they do good steaks with a rooftop bar, but it's attached to a hotel, not normally a recipe for plenty of life! Have looked at Cotto's website but lack of wine prices scares me. I've seen somewhere called Cau, doesn't look overly special but maybe someone could tell me different? Would appreciate ideas, thankyou

more
    • Ghost Hunts in Rugby

Rugby Mar 14, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Are there any ghost hunts in Rugby

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Staying in Southwark

London Mar 12, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Is there any self walking tour maps available for Southward area (London Eye, Tower Bridge etc)?

more
    • Cheapest long term car rental

Brighton Yesterday

I'm coming to the uk mid July staying 5 weeks with my daughter and we need a car. What is the cheapest long term car hire company you know of? Or any creative solutions other than public transport ??? We will be moving to and fro eg Brighton/Henfield Brighton/steyning ...Kent...Hampshire...Dorset ... Last quote was dearer than buying a banger!

more
    • A day trip in saddleworth

Saddleworth Mar 28, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Hi, what can I do for a day trip in Saddleworth? I be coming down from Manchester and thought of taking the northern rail and drop at Greenfield station. I did some research and upper mill looks lovely. Any idea how/where I can take the canal ride? Any nearby farm/icecream farm to visit ? Would prefer walking to all these places as easier for me to go back manchester end of the day.

more
    • One day tours to lake district from Edinburg

Lake District National Park Mar 25, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone suggest one day tours to Lake district say Windermere which through my search have found to be one places that could be visited in Lake distrcit when you just have a day.

more
    • the market

Hunstanton Mar 15, 2015 at 1:09 PM

hi i hear there is a good market nearby what sells good quality product is this correct and where and what is the name of it plz

more
    • Ghost Hunts in Rugby

Rugby Mar 14, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Are there any ghost tours in or around Rugby

more
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

London Travel pass

London Yesterday

I will stay 1 day in London (whole day) and I read about Oyster crd for 1.2 zones etc. - London visit states that a 1 day travel pass for zones 1-6 at 12.00 Pound which seems to be a good deal even I will travel only in zunes1.2. But: visitlondon offers a 1 day Card for 6 €uros and states that it can be only ordered fromoutside UK. Can anybody tell me if this is true ?

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

London market or Car Boot sale that is recommended weekdays, Tu - Fri, last 2 weeks of June

London Mar 24, 2015 at 6:39 PM

For older, collectable, antique & unusual items. We have looked at streetsensation.co.uk/market... and it seems that Camden Passage, Spitalfields, Bermondsey Market, Piccadilly Market & Gray's Antique Market might be possibilities. Looking for all comments and sometimes Car Boot sales can even be better, is there a good web site that lists Car Boot sales? Hopefully something NOT as busy as Portobello Rd. is on a Saturday. Thank you all.

more
    • How much to budget for for one week

London Mar 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Hi all

I am just wondering if anyone can help with a rough estimate of how much we should budget for per day in London. We will be there for one week in April. We will only be requiring 2 meals per day as we have breakfast provided at our hotel. And we have an Oyster card for travel as well.

more
    • Where to park in Marlow

Marlow Mar 5, 2015 at 11:52 PM

I'm having a long awaited girls day out with a friend today and we have decided to visit Marlow. We will probably walk by the river, visit the bridge, stop for cups of tea and lunch.
      Where is best to park please?

more
    • meeting up with my elderly mother at healthrow

Heathrow Mar 28, 2015 at 10:58 PM

I want to meet my mom at heathrow airport. My mom will be flying in from tel aviv, Israel and i will be flying from the US (making sure my flight gets in before hers) and i plan to make my way to her terminal to meet her. My question is where should i plan to meet her? Where should i tell her i will be ? she is elderly and will have wheel chair assistance but the airport is big and i don't want to miss her, so where is a good meeting up place at the airport?

more
    • Soccer stadiums

London Mar 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM

I want to watch a live soccer match. What stadium can I visit to do it?

more
    • Leaving LHR on Delta Airlines at 6:30am

London Mar 22, 2015 at 2:45 PM

We are currently scheduled to fly from LHR at 6:30am in the morning in June. We will be staying in a hotel on Glouster Road in Kensington for several nights prior to flying out of LHR. My question is: Do you think that it would be better to stay in a hotel near the airport or would we be just as well off traveling from Kensington at about Midnight and sitting in the airport for about 3 or 4 hours?

more

Cotswolds - 1/2 day

England Mar 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM

If I have half a day (lunch time till 5-6PM) what would you recommend me to see / do in Cotswolds?
      Any good recommendation for lunch?
      Would be driving and let me know if parking is easily available and how does the system works.

Thanks =)

more

From Heathrow to Tower Bridge

London Mar 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I am am arriving London Heathrow airport in the morning. I am heading to accomodation booked near Tower Bridge (I understand the nearest tube is London Bridge). Can you advise me the best public transport to get there? The most convenient option and the most cost efficient option (if they are not the same).
      Thanks =)

more
    • What will be the budget for an economy trip for two for 5 days

London Mar 26, 2015 at 11:49 PM

What will be the budget for an economy trip for two for 5 days from Kolkata to London inclusive of travel, stay and sightseeing cost ?

more
    • Medical cover for UK and Australian tourists visiting the other country

London Mar 23, 2015 at 6:30 AM

I hear that there's some mutual agreement between UK and Australian governments that a citizen of either country while touring is eligible for free medical treatment in the host country. Is this true?

more
    • How to get from Luton airport to Hertford

Hertford Oct 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hello, I'll be ariving on a Friday, at 20;00 on Luton airport and i'd like to know what woudl be the best way to reach Hertford (preferably East or close by) Coming back will be on a Sunday, flight from Luton at 21:00, so I'd like to also know how can I get to Luton from Hertford on Sunday, a leaving from Hertford (preferably North or close by) at around 17:00 - 18:00 probably?
      thank you very much

4 Answers Oct 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • Shops in Knebworth

Knebworth Aug 11, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Is there a pharmacy in Knebworth ?

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 5:41 AM
    • Shops in Knebworth

Knebworth Aug 11, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Is there a pharmacy in Knebworth ?

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • Anjuschka's Profile Photo

What to do and see in one day?

St Albans Jul 15, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Hello - I'm from Germany...
      I wil be coming to St Albans (as a short trip away from London) - what could I do in one day? I'm on my own and don't mind walking...

I'm interested in quiet places and maybe a enjoying the lake. See some interesting local / historical sites. Would love to take a snack or so - I read about the Waffle House - would be my cup of tea... :D and of course do a little shopping...

I'm not quite sure how to put it all together to enjoy a nice day and maybe meet some local people to talk to... Not sure if I could find a guide for a little tour or so - just to get a nice insight of your city...

I would be very pleased if you could get me some advise - that would be very helpful to enjoy my visit...

• It's not very urgent but I'd like to plan ahead)***

Thanks,
      Anja ;)

17 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 5:58 AM
    • train costs

Hertfordshire Dec 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM

How much does it cost to travel by train from London to hertfordshire

5 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 2:34 AM
    • From luton to St. Albans museum

St Albans Oct 28, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Hi, I'm planning on going to the verulamium museum, and I have never been to St. Albans before, how far is the museum from St. Albans city station?

8 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    • A place to meet

Welwyn Garden City Jun 1, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Intending to meet friends (adults) that we havent seen for 2 years and meeting half way between us on a Friday night. We have a 13 year old, so cant be anywhere too adult. Seen the Crooked Chimney pub which looks ok. Anything else you can suggest?

2 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    • Birthday cake delivery to Hatfield

St Albans Dec 27, 2010 at 6:29 AM

I am writing from Hong Kong, and would like to send a birthday cake on 6 Jan 2011 to my daughter who is studying in de Havilland campus of the University of Hertfordshire as an international student. Is there any cake shop or restaurant in St Albans or Hatfield that is available for me to contact? Thanks.

3 Answers Dec 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    • Travelling to London

St Albans Dec 2, 2010 at 3:18 AM

Hello

My daughter recently started working in London and she has finally found somewhere to live in St Albans.

She will be travelling into work every day and needs to get to Leiceter Square tube station.

I've been trying to figure out the cheapest way to travel (by train) and I seem to have come up with £2,668.00 per year for a Travelcard plus another £1,032.00 for a Oyster card.

Is this the best we can do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nigel

7 Answers Dec 11, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    • I'm picking up my son at Welwyn Station

Welwyn Garden City Mar 16, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Is there a 20-minute short-stay zone, or even a drop-off/pick-up area outside the Station at Welwyn? I've never been there, and I'm picking up junior on Thursday...

3 Answers Mar 17, 2010 at 5:07 AM
    • 724 Fare from Uxbridge to Maple Cross

Hertfordshire Aug 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM

The Explorer ticket can now only be used on Greenline service 724 between Harlow and Maple Cross, thus requiring an exra fare to and from stops beyond Maple Cross. Can anyopne tell me what the single fare from Uxbridge to Maple Cross is? I'ill be travelling from Uxbridge to Stansted Airport in the near future and have a choice of boarding the 724 at Uxbrdige, buying a ticket to Maple Cross, then purchasing an Explorer when we get there, or taking the underground from Uxbridge to Rickmansworth (£3.20) and meeting the 724 there.

2 Answers Aug 29, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    • From Hertfordshire to Bedfordshire

Hertfordshire Apr 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Hi All,
      I want to travel from Potters Bar to Bedford. It's too expensive to hire a cab, is there any public transportation there? Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 11, 2009 at 7:40 AM
    • Luton to Hertford

Hertford Nov 13, 2008 at 7:32 AM

I'm visiting Hertford on 27 of February, arriving at Luton airport at 22.00. How can i get from Luton airport to Hertford?

5 Answers Nov 16, 2008 at 2:16 AM
    • Watford Tube Station

Watford Apr 29, 2008 at 7:01 AM

Does anyone know if Watford tube station has a car park and if so how much does it cost to park for the day (both week days and Sat/Sun). Also is there a max stay, and are there generally spaces available or does it fill up early. If the latter is the case, can anyone recommend an alternative (preferably as cheap as possible) car park near to the station?

Thanks

Debs

5 Answers Apr 29, 2008 at 11:19 PM
    • Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Central hotel near Watford tube station (Metropolitan line)

Watford Apr 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Looking for a mid price hotel near the centre/ near the Met line for a SINGLE room for 2 nights midweek in July. Not often I book a single room and see that most places seem to charge about 95% of a double!

As a frequent visitor to London and former resident I am already au fait with all of the best hotel chains and reservations web sites. Is there though someone locally who can advise a good location (or someone who has recently stayed in the area) not far from the Tube station, nor the centre, or in the general direction of Bucknalls Lane, Garston, where I will be commuting to by cab for a coupe of mornings? I am not fussy (well - travelling on my own I'm not!) but as it's a course would like somewhere that I will get quiet at night for sleep.

Thanks for your thoughts......

2 Answers Apr 9, 2008 at 9:23 AM
    • freespirit1's Profile Photo

Thousand Star Hotel

Welwyn Garden City Mar 17, 2008 at 2:28 AM

Does anybody know of a reasonably priced hotel or hostel for my cousin and I in the city that isn't a city? or will I be sleeping under the stars?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2008 at 12:33 AM
    • Kristina1701's Profile Photo

travel time

Hertfordshire Aug 29, 2007 at 5:35 AM

About how long does it take to get by train from St. Albans to Watford and from St. Albans to London King's Cross?? Have been "arguing" about that with a friend *lol*. On most sites it says a train ride from St. Albans to King's Cross would only take about 20 minutes! My friend however claims it would take up to two hours (she checked some train sites)! I really can't imagine that it takes THAT long and I've taken a train from Stevenage (which is even further north) to King's Cross many years ago and I'm sure it didn't take that long.

4 Answers Jul 13, 2008 at 3:44 PM

bus from heathrow to st. albans and vice versa

Hertfordshire Aug 14, 2007 at 7:00 AM

was wondering how to get from heathrow to st. albans and found the following link on google: londonbusroutes.net/times/72...
      is there anyone who has already taken this bus and can tell me about how much a one way ticket will be? also, is this the only bus or are there more? What about trains?

Thx a lot in advance!!!

11 Answers Aug 21, 2007 at 10:13 AM

accomodation in st. albans

Hertfordshire Jun 26, 2007 at 4:41 AM

hi,
      does anyone know any good websites listing accomodation in st. albans (shared accomodation, apartments etc.)? Is it difficult to find accomodation there? I will only be staying there for about 2 months. How much do you usually pay in the UK for a room in a shared house/apartment and about how much for a small apartment?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

3 Answers Jun 27, 2007 at 4:27 AM
    • transportation

Watford Apr 22, 2007 at 12:26 PM

I would like to know if there is transportation between Waterford and Northwood. How can I find out about the frequency of the transportation services?

Thanks,

W. Arzuaga

1 Answer Apr 22, 2007 at 7:02 PM
    • info Baldock

Baldock May 16, 2006 at 6:32 AM

I'm an italian boy, I'm going to work in Baldock.
      I'd like to know what kind of town it is and if it is well connected with London.
      Thanks!
      Greatings.

4 Answers May 22, 2006 at 2:36 AM
    • progmac's Profile Photo

bus station / tube station

Harpenden Jul 2, 2005 at 1:22 AM

hello --

i'm staying with a friend in Harpenden for about a week in the middle of this month. I'm wondering if there is a public bus operating to London proper, because if so, I can buy the travelcard for tube zones one and two but all bus zones and thus save a load of money.

anyone know?

2 Answers Jul 4, 2005 at 7:15 AM
    • helsbels's Profile Photo

adventure ideas in herts

Hertfordshire Aug 16, 2004 at 1:04 PM

hi there! this is a bit of an unusual question for vt but i'll ask anyway in the farfetched hope of getting an idea!.... my sister is getting married in october and i want to get her and her husband tobe an activity/ adventure based gift. they live in the herts area so something round there would be perfect, something they could do as a couple, but a fun and unusual gift. any ideas would be fantastic. happy travelling guys. hels.

3 Answers Aug 20, 2004 at 5:37 AM
    • How to get there

Hertfordshire May 18, 2003 at 3:18 PM

Hi. I am in central London and I am wondering how to get to Hertfordshire... The cheapest way :) Thanks

4 Answers Aug 16, 2004 at 1:12 PM
    • ABOUT HERTFORDSHIRE:

Hertfordshire Jan 11, 2003 at 7:47 AM

MY QUESTION IS THAT, WHERE HERTFORDSHIRE IS LOCATED IN UK? "OR" WHAT IS THE COUNTY OF HERTFORDSHIRE?

8 Answers Jun 15, 2006 at 11:52 AM