Hershey Travel Answers

change location

transportation

by megzie222 Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM

My friend and I are going in the spring, and we are taking the train from Philly to Harrisburg. Is there a way to get from there to Hershey, or should we rent a car?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: transportation

by Agraichen Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM

It's been many years since I lived in Hershey, but check out http://www.cattransit.com/ for local transit information. I'd probably opt for a car as it's much more convenient to get around the area.

I hope you update some VT pages with your visit as I have some fond memories of living there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I agree with Al on renting a car.

However when I saw the notation about Hershey, Pa. I wanted to strongly suggest visiting the Antique Auto Museum in town. It is one of the best laid out museums of autos, buses, trucks and even motorcycles anywhere in the United States. It doesn't get much publicity being in town with Hershey Park and Hershey's Chocolate World but it is a great place to visit even if you don't like car exhibits. It is located on Museum Drive in Hershey.

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I agree with Al on renting a car.

However when I saw the notation about Hershey, Pa. I wanted to strongly suggest visiting the Antique Auto Museum in town. It is one of the best laid out museums of autos, buses, trucks and even motorcycles anywhere in the United States. It doesn't get much publicity being in town with Hershey Park and Hershey's Chocolate World but it is a great place to visit even if you don't like car exhibits. It is located on Museum Drive in Hershey.

by Agraichen Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Ah.. yes, since I currently live in Blackhawk, home of one of the more famous car collections I am also familiar with the trades that are done with Hershey. The Hershey Auto Auction used to take place in a field a couple mile from my home. It was in the 70s almost like an antique shop meet that just happened to be in a hay field. Little did I know back then that it was one of the most important Antique Car Auctions in the US in the making.

• glabah's Profile Photo

by glabah Online Now Jan 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

According to the timetable the transit system has on its web site, they have a direct Hershey to Harrisburg bus route, but it doesn't run very often:
    cattransit.com/wp-content/up...

• PR-7's Profile Photo

This URL should be useful

by PR-7 Online Now Jan 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

It's a pdf showing the Route 322 from downtown Harrisburg to central Hershey.

www.cattransit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Route-322-Hershey-2011.12.12.pdf

Note that this bus line is designed for commuters, not tourists, so check the timetable carefully.

If you can find a place to stay on or near Chocolate Avenue, then you can ride the free shuttle to many places.

hersheystory.org/plan-your-v...

Myself, I'd just rent a car in Harrisburg, and save trouble.

by Agraichen Online Now Jan 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

"Central Hershey" OMG... has Hershey expanded such that there are more than one road through the town? I guess I need to visit again.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines