Hershey Travel Answers

change location

Wednesday or Friday

by tbm Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 1:16 PM

We are going to go to Strasburg and Hershey in a couple of weeks. We would like to go to Strasburg on Wednesday and half of Thursday, then move to Hershey for Thursday and Friday. We are concerned that Hershey will be much more crowded on Friday then on Wednesday. If it is, we would reverse our trip. Any insight?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Wednesday or Friday

by TLC1218 Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 5:44 PM

When Hershey Park is open+children are out of school,Hershey is busy all the time,but esp.fri-sun.
    Do not suggest u go without reservations.Almost impossible at last moment+pricey.Cheaper to stay near Lancaster for both.Lancaster to Hershey=40-50 miles

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ringleader's Profile Photo

RE: Wednesday or Friday

by ringleader Online Now Sep 17, 2006 at 4:39 PM

Say, if you haven't been to Lancaster yet, I would recommend the Sight and Sound Theater (we go there 2 or 3 times a year) in Strasburg, Good n' Plenty is right near Smoketown Inn just down the road. The inn is really close to a lot of things and is reasonably priced.

The Wheatland is one of the Presidents' old place (if you like History) and is close to downtown. Landis Valley Museum is nice. Strausburg is also nearby and is worth a look-at.

Check my new Lancaster pages. I'm just now working on them...

My consolidated list of recommendations:
    #1 Sight and Sound Theater
    Good n Plenty or Shady Maple
    Landis Valley Museum
    Wheatland
    Strasburg
    Bird-in-Hand Farmers' Market
    drive through Intercourse town

All of these are fairly close to each other.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines