change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Xtine9's Profile Photo

rainy days

by Xtine9 Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM

I will be in Hermanus next Monday with some visitors from abroad.
      The plan was to go to Betty's Bay Penguins and Harold Porter Garden then a cruise to see the whales. The weather forecast is appalling so I need a plan B in case I can't do any of the out doors activities. Thank you for your suggestions

4 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

Hermanus in May

by oRi_5 Online Now Jul 6, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Hi,

My husband and me are planning a trip to South Africa next May. Part of our planned itinerary includes a 1 night stay in Hermanus. I've read that whales are generally there in June. So I was wondering if there is anything else to do in Hermanus if there are no whales. Would it be better if we just skip Hermanus? We haven't booked our lodging as yet.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    • klmousseau's Profile Photo

shark cage diving recommendation

by klmousseau Online Now Dec 2, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Hi. My friend and I are looking forward to Shark Cage Diving for my b-day in May 2009. We are looking for recommendations of Diving Operators. I've looked at a number of different sites and I'm looking for some opinions and info please. We would like a safe operator of course, but we aren't looking for the busiest one either. I saw some that are quite reputable, but I am apprehensive that the boat will be packed. I would like an operator that may have a smaller max of passenger with a cage that allows just 4 or less divers at a time with maximum viewing. We'll be staying in Hermanus with a car so transport is not a concern. Does anyone know if underwater/waterproof cameras are available for rental in town? are we required to wear wetsuits? How are the sightings in late May?
      Thanks!

• Whales

by schuylerborton Online Now Apr 1, 2006 at 7:27 AM

Hi: Will we see whales at end May in Hermanus? Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 2, 2006 at 10:47 AM