Herat Travel Answers

change location

Herat Afghanistan

by Vcondon Online Now Feb 12, 2004 at 9:40 PM

I am going to Herat in March. I am looking for some information that might be useful. Can you assist me?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Wakhan's Profile Photo

Re: Herat Afghanistan

by Wakhan Online Now Feb 15, 2004 at 10:14 AM

Do you know www.kabulcaravan.com ? It's the only site that I know - and a very good one - dedicated to travel in Afghanistan. Are you going there by air or by land ? From Iran, Mazar-e Sharif, Kabul ? I've been there in May, as a tourist. I was coming from Iran. I then took a flight to Kabul. Mowafaq hotel is said to be the best in town. A room with wc/shower costs20. There's a restaurant in the hotel. There are several kebab joints nearby too. For further info please give more details. You may check my photo album: www.perso.bellapix.com/askar

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Herat Afghanistan

by Luis60 Online Now May 28, 2006 at 2:04 PM

I´m planning to travel from Mashhad to Herat, and back,do you know if it´s possible and safe, I heard it is not very far ? I´m been told the road is fairly good, and there´s no risk of terrorist attacks and kidnapping in the road and in Herat, as in others areas of Afghanistan. Is´t true the famous blue Mosque and Friday Mosque, still intact, after the war?, I try to mean it didn´t suffer no damage ? Friend I´m sorry I just had been in Iran, unfortunately I cann´t answer your question, can you help with mine?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Herat