Heraklion Travel Answers

change location

heraklion city centre hotel for one night

by lollypop2003 Online Now Jun 5, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Hello, I am traveling to Crete on the 9th of June and I need a double room in a budget hotel or bed and breakfast in Heraklion for one night. Ideally under £30 per night and within walking distance of the venetian fort . I have run various searches on the internet but I keep ending up with the same, upmarket,expensive hotels in Heraklion centre or in the surrounding area.I understand that smaller establishments perhaps don't advertise on the internet, has anyone got any recommendations? thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: heraklion city centre hotel for one night

by leics Online Now Jun 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM

For that very small amount of money I think you are looking at hostels rather than hotels.

Tey www.hostelworld.com and www.hostelbookers.com

Many hostels now have separate rooms.

You might also check through

bedandbreakfasts.net/greece....

Not a site I've used, but it will at least give you an idea of what is available and at what price.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Jun 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Under 30 GBP for an Heraklion hotel is pushing it now that the Euro is almost on parity with the pound. But for a slightly scruffy but otherwise decent Cat C hotel in the centre you could try the Kris Hotel at 2 Doukos Beaufort. It doesn't have a website (that I'm aware of), the phone number is 2810 23944. The last time I was there was in late June, 2 years ago, when I just arrived without pre-booking. They weren't particularly busy and I'm sure that if I'd negotiated I could have gotten a better price. At that time the standard double room was 40 Euros which was what I paid.

It's easy to find - just up the hill from the ferry port and on the same street as Hotel Lato - whose neon signage you can see from the port.

• mariakaptein's Profile Photo

by mariakaptein Online Now Jun 7, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Lonely planet Greece says: Hellas Rent rooms, Handakos 24, tel 28102 88851, fax 28102 84442, youth hostel, 30euro double.

Mirabello hotel, Theotokopoulou 20 tel 28102 85052 double 44euro
    mirabello-hotel.gr/English/e...

Hotel Rea, Kalimeraki 1 tel 28102 23638 double 44 or 34 euro ( with or without bathroom) www.hotelrea.gr

Have a good and cheap stay !!! maria

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Heraklion