Heraklion Travel Answers

change location
AcornMan's Profile Photo

Inexpensive hotel in Heraklion?

by AcornMan Online Now Mar 16, 2005 at 9:07 AM

It looks like I'll be flying into Heraklion from Athens and arriving in the early evening. I would like to spend one night there, then see Knossos and the archeological musuem before catching a bus west to Rethymnon. Can someone recommend an inexpensive hotel in Heraklion? If possible I'd like to be within walking distance of the museum and the main bus stop that is located by the waterfront. It must be a private room though, no dorms. I have emailed Hotel Lena asking about their rates but they have not sent a response yet. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • hmoitta's Profile Photo

RE: Inexpensive hotel in Heraklion?

by hmoitta Online Now Mar 16, 2005 at 11:20 AM

I stayed there in a hotel well located but I don't remember the name, I think I've put it in my Greece pages.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AcornMan's Profile Photo

RE: Inexpensive hotel in Heraklion?

by AcornMan Online Now Mar 18, 2005 at 5:46 AM

It looks like I answered my own question. After doing a lot of digging I found a place called Hotel Rea for just 30 Euros per night for a double room with private bath. I don't think they have air conditioning though, but the next cheapest place I found was 50 Euros per night. Here's Hotel Rea's web site if you need it: http://www.hotelrea.gr/

• Elenitsa's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Inexpensive hotel in Heraklion?

by Elenitsa Online Now Mar 19, 2005 at 12:09 AM

Looks good - not much further out than the Lena...let us know what it's like! Seems awful cheap for Heraklion, but looking at the map the location seems pretty good. Bit of a hike to the Archaeological Museum - but so's the Lena.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Heraklion