Hengelo Travel Answers

change location
kimia942's Profile Photo

how to get there

by kimia942 Online Now Feb 25, 2005 at 7:46 AM

hello
I'm coming there on 17th march 2005. from gothenburg (sweden). can you help me about how can I get there , cheapest way .. with bus or train or plane or ferry. :) if you know any airlines or rail line or road line please give me the site adress . I may can get ther with a combination of all kinds of transportations :)
thanks
Kimia.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

RE: how to get there

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Feb 25, 2005 at 8:35 AM

I think the combination of Eurolines bus from Göteborg to Hannover in Germany with the train from Hannover to Hengelo is the cheapest (Euro 125.00 in total) and easiest.

If you need local help at Hengelo just let me know.

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kimia942's Profile Photo

how to get there

by kimia942 Online Now Feb 26, 2005 at 10:25 AM

thanks for your quick reply :)
    but can you tell me which bus line or train line goes to the hengelo , I want to see the schedule in internet if it's possible. I need the website of bus or train which goes through hengelo. local busline of netherland.
    thanks
    Kimia.

RE: RE: how to get there

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Feb 26, 2005 at 12:11 PM

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 2:10 PM

Marcel, have you any idea of the cost and time spent to get from Göteborg to Stockholm (only to fly south again)??? :) Transavia also flies from Copenhagen airport which is a much better choice in this case. Göteborg to Copenhagen you can go by www.swebusexpress.se or www.safflebussen.se on the cheap.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Feb 28, 2005 at 3:19 AM

Travelling from Arlanda to Skavsta is a two hour job! Again, that is a totally unnessecary journey. Just go Transavia from Copenhagen instead. Then even if you fly, you only deal with ONE airport in your change of planes (CPH Kastrup). Getting from Göteborg to Copenhagen by bus takes 4-5 hours (depending on bus) and costs SEK 205 (or SEK 165 if a student!). Flying takes only 40 hours but costs around SEK 850 with Sterling and 650 with SAS right now.

• kimia942's Profile Photo

how to get there

by kimia942 Online Now Feb 28, 2005 at 5:31 AM

I'm so surprised about all your attention and answers. I couldn't guess that this forum can be such useful :D

I looked at eurolines I can go by bus directly from Gothenburg to Amesterdam with cost of 648Kr one way and 1296Kr round trip. or from gothenburg to hannover 728Kr oneway - 1347Kr round trip. and I checked www.ns.nl for the train ticket from hannover to hengelo it was about 9.8 euro one way and from amesterdam to hengelo one way is about 12.2 . I think with this combination it costs about 800Kr-90 Euro one way and 1500Kr-170euro round trip.
    I think it's the cheapest way .. ??
    thanks alot
    Kimia.

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Feb 28, 2005 at 8:33 AM

Yes, bus to Hannover and the train thereafter is what I thought in the first please. My Euro 125 was based on normal tarifs for 25-65 year adults.

You can save using student discount or alike.

PJ

• PeteNL's Profile Photo

RE: how to get there

by PeteNL Online Now Mar 10, 2005 at 2:39 AM

Hi,

didn't see it mentioned, but I remember that Eurolines buses (from the Baltic to Amsterdam/Utrecht or Brussels) stop in hengelo, so maybe that's cheaper after all? But probably you have something booked by now...

Have a good trip,

P.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines