Travel Answers
Hemel Hempstead

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Do you know this place from the description anyone please?

by helenca Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 6:32 AM

44 years ago when I was 9 I lived in Cockfosters and was taken out for the day with my neighbours family to Hemel. After about 10 miles driving (I think I was told it was 10 miles at the time) we turned right, and immediately over a little bridge across a canal where some canal boats were tied up to the right. In front of us was a massive gravel car park, on the left of which was a large public house or café. That's all I remember. There were a lot of young hippies hanging around with motorbikes. My friends dad went home to get the spare car key as he had locked them in the car. While he was away the hippies helped us to get back in the car with a wire coat hanger, so we sat by the river and waited for the dad to return. He was fuming that he had gone 10 miles home on a bus for nothing! We had a lovely day by the river though. Can't find it on a map now, and I live in Hull but am coming to the area in few weeks and thought I might take a look there.

more
    • Do you know this place from the description anyone please?

by helenca Online Now Apr 7, 2014 at 6:32 AM

44 years ago when I was 9 I lived in Cockfosters and was taken out for the day with my neighbours family to Hemel. After about 10 miles driving (I think I was told it was 10 miles at the time) we turned right, and immediately over a little bridge across a canal where some canal boats were tied up to the right. In front of us was a massive gravel car park, on the left of which was a large public house or café. That's all I remember. There were a lot of young hippies hanging around with motorbikes. My friends dad went home to get the spare car key as he had locked them in the car. While he was away the hippies helped us to get back in the car with a wire coat hanger, so we sat by the river and waited for the dad to return. He was fuming that he had gone 10 miles home on a bus for nothing! We had a lovely day by the river though. Can't find it on a map now, and I live in Hull but am coming to the area in few weeks and thought I might take a look there.

2 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    • how do i get there.

by sheehy Online Now Jul 25, 2006 at 9:29 AM

how to i get to aquasplash hemel hempstead by bus from watford?

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo

THE BELL

by GrantBoone Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 11:12 AM

How could they let the 15th century coaching inn, The bell , be turned into a MCDONALDS!! ???

5 Answers Oct 29, 2004 at 4:43 AM