Helsinki

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Airport Transfer

by Coniston2014 Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Could you assist in best transfer from Airport, to Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel,Ruoholahdenranta 3, Eteläinen Suurpiiri, 00180 Helsinki

3 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 9:33 PM
    • train travel

by Rosemary58 Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Is it safe to travel from helsinki to Kuopio by train late at night

5 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM
    • Fun activities in Helsinki?

by Pelsfrid Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Any suggestions for any fun activities in Helsinki..? We are 4 couples that are going the first weekend in April. Has been checking out "the beer tram" Spårakoff, but it only runs from May...
      Want to have a fun activity on a Saturday, from after breakfast and for 3 hours, preferably including lunch.
      Any special tours to book?

2 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    • Just a day in Helsinki

by balticvaca Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I am in Talinn for a week in May and would like to visit Helsinki for a day. I am confused between the choices of ferries, prices, speed and safety and would like some reliable info on how to get there, what to do in a day, where to eat and shop etc.

3 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 1:30 PM
    • wboaz's Profile Photo

What to see and do in Helsinki in February?

by wboaz Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I have to come to Helsinki for business in February? What can I see and do in this weather?
      Thanks in advance

8 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    • Helsinki during Christmas

by Leesz Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Hi. We will be in Helsinki 23-25 dec. Seems that christmas markets are closed by 22 dec. Should we be expecting a quiet city during this period? Any recommended places for us to roam around? Thks!

9 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • Bus to Helsinki Airport

by joannetong Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Can I book seat in advance for the Finnair bus from Central Station to Helsinki Airport ?

3 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • Luckell's Profile Photo

Cafe in Sörnäinen

by Luckell Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Hi!
      I have an upcoming meeting with a friend in Helsinki. She is not from Helsinki, and is not very often there. I want to take her out from the most famous downtown. What I would like to know is, what cafes in for example Sörnäinen, Helsinki, can you recommend very much? I want it to be something really nice! I'm really not for chains, so don't tell me to go to Picnic or something like that, haha. I don't know very much about Sörnäinen, or Hakaniemi, so I'm really in need of help. Thank you very much!

1 Answer Nov 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    • Helsinki airport to Oulu

by Thomai Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM

How can i go from Helsinki airport to Oulu?

8 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Tail coat rental

by Luckell Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Hi!
      I need some advice about where I can find tail coats for rent in Helsinki. I know it can be difficult to find, but I don't need it right now, I just need to reserve it for an upcoming party. I'm happy if it's not the most expensive shop, I just have to get that tail coat. Thank you!

11 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    • Weather and things to do in Helsinki

by BK82 Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Hi,

I am visiting Helsinki for 2nights from 29th Nov - 1stDec, would appreciate inputs -

1) weather during my time of visit. Since I am travelling from India I want to ensure I carry required clothing in my handbag which I might need to use after I've landed from a warm place.

2) Things to do?. I treating and fun things to do? Is it worth trying the sauna? We are a couple, any suggestions on good saunas? Suggestions for nice restaurants and good and safe bars?

Thanks

6 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Reservations Required for Ferry to Tallinn?

by easterntrekker Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM

We will be foot passengers ....will we need a reservation? We will be travelling in 2 weeks. I'd like to leave from West a Terminal as  we will be arriving from St Petersburg and this is our arrival port.

5 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    • 223doghouse's Profile Photo

Transportation between Hotel and convention center

by 223doghouse Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Does anyone know how to get from the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Helsinki to the Exhibition and Convention Center? Is there public transportation? Does anyone know how much cab fare would be between these two places?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    • Gently used fur coats and leather handbags

by madamcoco Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Will be in Helsinki in mid October. Any consignment shops or resale boutiques with gently used furs (size 16 US) , finnish jewelry (necklace or bracelet with ornament detail) and leather handbags? Plus, I would love to find good, used wooden clarinet. Also, looking for nice leather shoes for women, size 11 US. Would like to take tour while there on weekend and visit nice flea market. On a budget. Appreciate any info.

4 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    • Visit to Mariehamn and Helsinki

by Minoucette Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Advice and suggestion on wht to do in 3.5 days in each locations would be appreciated.

5 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    • Aitana's Profile Photo

Ferry Helsinki-Tallinn

by Aitana Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

In August we will travel from Helsinki to Tallin and plan to take a ferry. Is it convenient to book it in advance?
      Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Ferry to Airport

by travelswithsteve Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I am arriving by ferry from Tallinn (no vehicle) ; What is the best / easiest way to get from the ferry terminal to the airport.
      Thanks.
      Steve

3 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    • Private grocery stores

by KaterinaKatzman Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

In all supermarkets they have they same food, is it possible to find somewhere in Helsinki some private food shops with european food? Which does not belong to S or K group? Like they have in Eira 2 small shops, where I can find Italian products.

2 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    • No Title

by hoingai Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I wil land late at around 12:00mid night on 11 JULY, looking for a hotel which is in city center with convenient transportation in mid night, with good price.

How about Best Western Hotel Haaga? some say it's quite remote.

And we will leave on 13 July at 11pm by flight, do you think it's feasible and worthy to travel to Tallin for day trip or overnight?

Thanks!

13 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    • Housing

by deanna.hillstrom Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I will be studying abroad there in the fall and need to be there by August 16th but cannot get into my apartment until September 2nd. Do you have any recommendations of very cheap places to stay?

2 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 4:33 AM
    • theenglishway's Profile Photo

Travelling to St. Petersburg

by theenglishway Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM

As a British national, could I use the Russian embassy in Helsinki while there on holiday to get a visa to travel to St. Petersburg just for a couple of days?

7 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    • theenglishway's Profile Photo

Travelling to Stockholm

by theenglishway Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Are flights from Helsinki to Stockholm pretty cheap? Where's the best place to get them, please? Thanks!

6 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM

The Tall Ships Race 2013

by Luckell Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 8:32 AM

The annual Tall Ships Race in Helsinki is coming closer. It will be 17-20-7-2013 this year. It's an enormous event when over 100 huge, old ships are competing! I have never seen this before and my question to you is: Where is the best place to be for watching this awesome event? I really look forward to it and I encourage all of you to be there! There is a lot more to do and see also. Be there!

3 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

back from concert

by mindcrime Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM

We plan to see RUSH at Hartwall Arena tomorrow. It seems the concert will last 3 hours (tickets write it starts at 20.00) so I wonder how we will return back home (siilitie metro station) if we get out of the concert hall after 23.20.
      Will we have have time to return to the center and catch the metro?
      If not which buses should we take?

6 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM

visiting Espoo

by mindcrime Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM

we plan to visit Espoo on sunday. Does it really worth it? what can we see there? reading about it I realize it is a big city with ugly buildings that probably is a bit boring for the average tourist and hard to navigate without a car.
      The only thing that seems interesting is Nuuksio National park that has some nice trails. I still dont know how we can reach it from Helsinki (starting from Siilitien metroasema).
      Do we have to take a bus to Espoo first? which stop? and then another bus to the park? I see 28 goes to southern part of the park but I dont know where it departs in Espoo.

10 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 3:19 AM

from airport to Siilitien metroasema

by mindcrime Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM

how can I reach Siilitien metroasema from the airport without a taxi?
      we will have 5 day regional two zone-ticket.
      we arrive at the aiport at 13.00 on a weekday

6 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 3:38 PM

day tickets and cards

by mindcrime Online Now May 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM

we'll be in helsinki for 5 days, staying near Siilitien metroasema.
      Including the metro ride we will use public transport twice a day (some days 4), .

what is the best option for us? is the 5 day ticket the best option? does it include the ride from the airport the first day or is it a different zone?

17 Answers May 27, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    • Short transit time

by ce4589 Online Now May 23, 2013 at 3:35 AM

As someone who works in wholesale travel, I have booked super cheap flights to Europe with QF/AY on a travel agent special.
      I am concerned about the short transit time in HEL though. Anyone offer any tips on whether they have achieved the transit? I have heard that HEL is a good quick airport.
      Thanks
      FLIGHTS:
        1  AY5002  02SEP Sydney to Bangkok   0940 1635  
        2  AY 090  03SEP Bangkok to Helsinki 0855 1520  
        3  AY 873  03SEP Helsinki to Paris   1605 1810  

9 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Vappu in Helsinki

by Luckell Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Hi there! What is your best tip for celebrating vappu in Helsinki? I'm not interested in alcohol but tell me something I just can't miss, please! Have a nice festival everybody! :-)

11 Answers May 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    • Walk about Helsinki

by Romagirly Online Now Apr 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Hi Will be arriving in Helsinki on cruise ship on 10th May will only have a few hours about 7 to discover the beautiful city, am happy to walk so please can anyone give me ideas to make the most of my time here,thanks x

14 Answers Apr 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM