Helsinki Travel Answers

change location

Airport to Mannerheimintie by Taxi

by preeta Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 3:43 AM

How safe is it for a woman to travel alone at night (about 11 pm) from Airport to Mannerheimintie by Taxi?

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

Re: Airport to Mannerheimintie by Taxi

by IreneMcKay Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I used to live in Finland though that was a long time ago. I have revisited not so long ago. I always found Finland to be safe. Of course there is crime everywhere, but I would say you will be perfectly OK travelling by taxi from the airport to Mannerheimintie.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Very safe, taxi drivers are responsible here of your health from door to dorr. Welcome to Finland and Helsinki.

• by preeta Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Thanks Irene ! So nice of you to reply immediately !

Be the first to rate this answer!

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 4:04 AM

I also agree that you should be extremely safe there and nothing will happen to you. I remember years ago i was stuck in the middle of nowhere and was hitch-hiking on a side road for hours. Eventually around midnight a lady picked me up with a baby in the back. Tell me where else this would happen!!!

• annase's Profile Photo

by annase Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Yes, I agree with everyone else above. We shouldn't even have anything like unofficial taxis, but make sure you get one from the taxi rank outside the terminal (with a sign saying 'Taksi') unless you have already pre-booked a taxi somewhere. In the 1980s and 1990s, all the taxis used to be Merzedes Benzes, but these days there are all sorts. You will soon notice which ones are the official taxis though because they all should have a yellow sign on the top saying 'taksi'.

• Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I have never seen non official taxi in Finland (and I have lived here whole my life, allmost 40 years!) !! I think those are only outside nightclubs at closing time some people trying to make some money. Those I wouldn´t use, but I have never even seen one.
    I hope you knew how expensive taxis are in here. I think I have never paid as much for a taxi as in my homeland!

• Luckell's Profile Photo

by Luckell Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I can't say anything else that haven't already been said about the saftey. But yes, it's safe to travel with taxi also in the night. So have a awesome stay in Helsinki! You are very welcome! I hope you'll enjoy every minute of your visit.

• batigo's Profile Photo

by batigo Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Have to agree with others as far as safety is considered. And you can always take a bus (Finnair shuttle or regional lines 615 / 620) if you don't wanna spend too much money on transportation cost. They all leave in front of T1 and T2 and fare is between 4,50 and 6 euros depending on which bus one takes.

• jurkka's Profile Photo

by jurkka Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 4:13 AM

just make sure you have either cash or working card- taxis are really expensive in finland... but completely safe like everyone has written. I would quess that airport to city center at nighttime is 30-40euros?

you can calculate it at Helsinki "TAKSI-SITE"; taksinumerot.fi/Hintalaskuri...

And make sure you havent drank too much, throwing up to taxi means 100-200euro cleaning cost ...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines