Heliopolis

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel during election time

Cairo Apr 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I am a 56 year old mother who will be traveling with my son (30) and his friend (24) to Sharm May 24-31, then plan on spending 4 days in Cairo, May 31-June 4. With the upcoming elections, what are your thoughts as far as safety/timing? We are all American citizens

more
    • Is it safe to visit Cairo?

Cairo Apr 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hi, we are planning a trip in August and have a stop-over at Cairo for 13 hours (12:30 pm - 2 am) and 17 hours (6 am - 8:45pm) both ways. I was thinking about doing the Museum on one day and the Pyramids / Sphinx on the other. Could you please tell me if it is safe to travel outside to the city? I read an article which said that the Egyptian government is wooing tourists to visit places like Luxor and Aswan, but are not promoting Cairo. Also would you advice that we do both on the same day?

more
    • Should I visit Cairo?

Cairo Apr 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Greetings, I am thinking visiting Cairo to see the Pyramids and such a couple days after the elections? Is this advisable? Will is be safe after the elections? Thanks for any advice and help you can give me.

more
    • UNSURE AND SCARED

Cairo Apr 2, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Just really frightened by whats going on in cairio , i fly out on the 16th May and have been told that the elections take place 26th-27th may i am going there to get married , i actually dont know what to do , this is the only time i have off from work and need to do this this year , my flights are booked , can anyone shed somelight as to their thoughts please

more
    • One big day in Cairo.

Cairo Mar 20, 2014 at 2:12 AM

I would like to arrive in Cairo at 7am, visit the pyramids, then return to the airport for a flight leaving at 11pm. This would be on Wednesday, April 9th. I know traffic will be bad from the airport to the pyramids. Do you think it will be enough time? Would it be safe? Should I find a taxi to take me to the pyramids or should I set up a guide in advance to meet me at the airport?
      Thank you so much for your help.

more