Helgoland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car parking Puttgarden

Puttgarden Aug 4, 2015 at 6:49 AM

We will be taking the ferry to Rodby on Saturday for a cycling holiday in Denmark. We need a parking place for our car in or close to Puttgarden for about 2 weeks. Any advice or recommendation for a suitable and not too expensive car park would be much appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • Winter ferrries

by johnrpfeiffer Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 10:58 AM

How often do the ferries from Hamburg run in mid-November?

2 Answers Jan 25, 2015 at 3:17 PM
    • Go Pro camera Helgoland

by kappierob Online Now Jul 25, 2014 at 12:49 AM

I like to buy a go pro action camera on Helgoland, is this possible?

1 Answer Feb 7, 2015 at 11:54 AM
    • JHR's Profile Photo

Postcards and Stamps

by JHR Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

If all goes to plan, I will be on Helgoland next Wednesday. I would like to send my 'holiday postcards' to friends and family from Helgoland. I suspect there will be quite a few shops selling postcards, but...Questions: Given its special status, does Helgoland issue its own stamps, or 'special issue' decorative stamps? And will I have to locate the post-office on the island in order to buy stamps?

4 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 3:59 AM
    • JHR's Profile Photo

Day-trip to Helgoland, by catamaran from Hamburg

by JHR Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I will be flying into Hamburg first week in September: my plan is to spend two days in Hamburg before heading off on a bummel, either North (Luebeck, Kiel, Schleswig) or East (Ratzeburg, Schwerin, Wismar). Anyway, while in Hamburg I would like to take an excursion to Helgoland. I can find the website for services available and prices (helgoline.frs.eu/booking/ind...), but I can't see the 'small print', i.e. terms and conditions. Questions: Is the catamaran service ever cancelled due to bad weather? If it is cancelled, can you get a refund? (because I could not change my day of travel). If I don't pre-book my tickets on-line, what are the chances that the catamaran service (on Tues 3rd Sept) could sell out? Assuming I get to Helgoland...I have read about its duty-free status. Can you buy alcohol, specifically decent aquavit, there? Any problems taking duty-free products from Helgoland into Germany and then back to the UK? Thanks for any advice.

1 Answer Jul 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    • Swimming in Helgoland

by karn64 Online Now Mar 22, 2009 at 11:52 AM

When is the best time for swimming at Helgoland's beaches? Did you find the water pleasant and warm enough for swimming?

Best regards,

7 Answers Mar 22, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    • records

by johno7 Online Now Sep 24, 2005 at 7:18 AM

Hi all,
      Searching for birth records for Helgoland Germany early to mid 1800's
      any help would be appreciated.