Helena Travel Answers

change location
Karlie85's Profile Photo

Dinner after a long day

by Karlie85 Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM

As mentioned in my previous thread, me and my husband will be driving to Helena from Edmonton, Alberta. I imagine we'll want to drop our bags off at our hotel and head for dinner, but I don't think we'll feel like wandering around looking for something.

We're staying at the Days Inn on Prospect Ave. We'll obviously have our car but still probably won't want to drive too far. We'd like something casual, and under20 per person.

Suggestions? I've been looking around on Yelp, etc., but I also like to get recommendations this way. THanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Dinner after a long day

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Right down the road from your hotel is the typical McDonald's, Wendy's, KFC and they are all inexpensive. If you want some interesting food, take the time to drive downtown Helena and try the Mediterranean Grill. It is still within your budget and a lot more interesting and fun. mediterraneangrillhelena.com...

Enjoy Montana!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

by Dymphna1 Online Now Jul 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Most restaurants around here have meals for about15 -25 each. As long as you do not go to somewhere like Jakes or other upper crust restaurant it should be in your price range.

• montanabob's Profile Photo

by montanabob Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Last Chance Gulch (downtown) is not more than a two miles from your hotel. Nice street to walk and quite a few dining places. The Parrot is the local chocolate place - hope it is still open, worth a stop.

Bob

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Hi Bob. I think the trip is over. The date on the question is July 2012, nearly a year ago. However, I have noted the Parrot for a future trip of ours. Great idea.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines