Helena Travel Answers

change location
Karlie85's Profile Photo

One night stay

by Karlie85 Online Now Jun 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM

We'll be passing through Helena and staying for only one night. We'll be arriving from Edmonton, Alberta after a long day of driving so will likely only want dinner and a comfortable bed for that night. We'll have a couple of hours to explore in the morning before continuing on. What's the best part of town to stay in? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Re: One night stay

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Jun 14, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Karlie- Helena is so small, only about 30,000 people, that there really isn't a good and bad part. However it feels like an oasis if you are driving to and from Alberta. The key is finding a good hotel. Helena is about six hours from Calgary so you can add on the additional time from Edmonton.

I looked back at my notes and saw that we stayed at the Comfort Suites on North Washington Avenue. Comfort Suites on the Plains are much much better than in other areas of the United States and this one I remember to be really nice. The rooms are large, breakfast was good and the staff were helpful. Since it has been a couple of years things could have changed but I see that trip advisor rates the place as excellent! Here is a link;

http://www.comfortsuiteshelena.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Re: One night stay

by Dymphna1 Online Now Jun 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM

The Cathedral is there and quite pretty. It was founded as a mining town, so there are reminisce of it everywhere. Ask a local and they will be more than willing to tell you where to look.

There is also a damn just south of there called Canyon Ferry on the Missouri.

Sorry I can't help with hotel, I typically stay at my brother's cabin....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines