Helen Travel Answers

change location
palmas57's Profile Photo

Camping near Helen Georgia

by palmas57 Online Now Feb 22, 2003 at 3:16 PM

We plan to spend a few days in Helen in August and wanted to know if Unicoi State Parks would be the best place to stay. Are there any other places for camping that I should look into before making reservations at Unicoi? I know that Unicoi is beautiful thought I should also look into other places. Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Camping near Helen Georgia

by 4584387 Online Now Aug 2, 2003 at 5:12 AM

Unicoi is GREAT!!!! (Helen is a bit less than expected...but Unicoi was definitely more) See Ruby Falls while you're there...nice place.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • palmas57's Profile Photo

Re: Camping near Helen Georgia

by palmas57 Online Now Aug 2, 2003 at 8:08 AM

We will be going to Helen in August as well. We are staying at Unicoi State Park. I don't know very much about the other places, just know that Unicoi is beautiiful. Enjoy your stay, I know we will.

• thead's Profile Photo

Re: Camping near Helen Georgia

by thead Online Now Oct 18, 2004 at 12:34 PM

Unicoi is nice. It really depends upon what kind of camping you are doing and how close to Helen you want to be. The US Forest Service has campsites in the National Forest at Horse Trough Falls. There are not any hook ups, but it is a beautiful spot to camp. It is a 45 min drive into the National Forest from Helen. A closer National Forest campground is Andrew's Cove. It is on GA 75 about 5 miles north of Helen. You can also camp at various locations in the National Forest around Helen. There are also various private campgrounds in the area. Email me if you need more info. thead@headballoons.com Tarp Head

• palmas57's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Camping near Helen Georgia

by palmas57 Online Now Oct 24, 2004 at 4:46 PM

Unicoi should be very pretty right now. We really enjoyed our stay when we visited. Camp sights are very nice. Helen may be a bit busy this time of year, we have never been there in October but it is the time of year that may be very crowded. Have fun.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines