• avening1970's Profile Photo

xmas markets warsaw, poland

Warsaw Nov 26, 2014 at 5:12 AM

going to warsaw in Poland, will the xmas markets up and running

more
    • Train company in Poland

Lublin Nov 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Hello,

I am travelling to Poland, and looking to go from Lublin to Krakow without going back to Warsaw. I know there is a train from Lublin to Kielce, and then Kielce to Krakow, but I am having trouble booking the tickets online through PKP. I am either unable to select, or get an error popping up. This is for a trip in January, so it isn't last minute. Anyway, is there a place you can recommend buying train tickets from?

more
    • Where can one find a decent selection of pipe tobacco to buy in Poznan, Poland?

Poznan Dec 11, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Dear People,

Could anyone please be so kind as to suggest where someone might buy pipe tobacco
      in Poznan?
      I have asked at the tourist bureau and at one or two stores that sell cigarettes and at the up-market store
      that specializes in cigars at the "Browar" shopping mall -- with no luck. No one knows. Yet I do
      know that the striking Novotel Centrum here in Poznan hosted a celebrated pipe smokers convention here a
      few years back; so my guess is -- is that there must be someplace that's a real, all-round
      tobacco store.
      But where?
      Thank you kindly ahead of time.
      -- Eurycleia

more
    • sindar225's Profile Photo

Outdoor skating rinks

Warsaw Dec 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Hi everybody!

I'm going to Warsaw in early January and I'm trying to figure out if there are any outdoor ice rinks in Warsaw?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Krakow city

Warsaw Nov 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM

For those who know the city: What is the closest train station in Krakow (traveling from Warsaw) if i need to get to Os Kosciuszkowskie 2? Krakow Glowny, Lagiewniki, Plaszow? Is it easy to reach walking or should i make it easy and take a taxi?
      Also, in Warsaw...is Dw. Centralny 04 where the busses stop the same building where the trains depart? Thanks!

more
    • avening1970's Profile Photo

electric plug for warsaw, poland

Warsaw Nov 28, 2014 at 4:24 AM

can you use ordinary euro plug adaptor in warsaw

more
    • Julia Sokol

Cmolas Nov 21, 2014 at 8:16 PM

My second great grandmother was from Cmolas. She was born in August 1893. She was Roman Catholic. How do I find out how many Catholic Churches there were in Cmolas at that time?

more
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Transportation

by briantravelman Online Now May 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Hi. I read your guys' transportation posts. I will be in Gdansk this summer, and wanted to take a day trip to Hel. I was originally thinking to take the train there, and take the ferry back, but now I'm thinking bus will be a better option, so I can stop places along the way, but I also don't know how often they run, and I don't wanna get stuck somewhere. Like I said, we're only going for a day trip, and I don't want to end up getting stuck somewhere, and not actually making it to Hel. I read it takes 2-3 hours to get out there by bus, and the same by ferry. That's a big chunk of the day. I'm not exactly sure where we'd be stopping, maybe Puck, Jastarnia, and maybe another town. I was thinking about leaving early like 6 or 7. Would that be enough to get there and back? I heard the last bus leaves at 4 PM. IDK how long we would be there for. What about the last train or ferry? I was thinking about finding a hotel for the night, but if it's not necessary, I'd rather avoid it. I also read that traffic is really bad, so should we take the bus one way, and return by ferry? I wanna at least go one way by bus or train, because I heard it's more scenic. Another option could also be take a train straight to Hel, and than stop in the other villages on the way back. What would you suggest? IDK why the last bus leaves so early. Would we have enough time to see everything in a day, and make it back to Gdansk before dark?

2 Answers May 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM