Travel Answers
Heilongjiang Sheng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Has anybody ever been to Ningde, Fujian?

Ningde Jul 17, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Has anybody been to Ningde in Fujian Province. Do you recommend any sightseeing?
      Thank you
      Ulrike

more
    • angiebabe's Profile Photo

tourist visas from Hong KOng

China Jul 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM

the latest changes to visa situations its said that people are supposed to return home to their countries if HK is not their home country to apply for tourist visas but that HK is still not enforcing this so HK is usually still the first place that comes out of peoples mouths when doing this - but wanting to ask is there anyone here who has obtained a tourist visa from HK recently and how long were they given?
      if they applied for 3 months did they get 3 months or only 2 or 1??!!
      Also were you able to do it as overnight express or had to wait a few days?

thanks for any helpful info!

more
    • Restaurants in Yulin, Shaanxi

Yulin Jul 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Are there any good western restaurants or bars in Yulin?

more
    • nightlife!

Chengdu Jun 29, 2014 at 6:37 AM

is the mgm nightclub a good spot to go on Friday nights for a black tourist in china?

more
    • Clubs at Quanzhou

Fujian Sheng Jul 17, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Sorry i want to knoW Nice nights clubs at Quanzhou please ? I am at the wanda vista hôtel
      Thank you

more
    • Cheap bike or electric bikes where to buy

Beijing Jul 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hey guys new here in beijing
      Where is best local place to buy a cheap bike or electric bike in the city. Prefer not to overpay.
      J

more
    • great wall

Pukou Jul 11, 2014 at 5:09 AM

how far is the great wall of china from Pukou

more
    • great wall

Pukou Jul 11, 2014 at 5:08 AM

how far is the great wall of china from Pukou

more
    • Zhongdian to Kunming?

Zhongdian Jul 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM

What's the best way to do this journey?

more
    • siknight's Profile Photo

train border crossing time

Nanning Jul 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM

My vietnam visa states I can enter on the 17th. I want to take the train departing Nanning to Hanoi on the 16th with a border crossing around midnight (17th). Will I be ok if I am at the border 30 minutes early or will I have to wait around until midnight? If anyone has any experience of this I would be grateful.
      Cheers, Simon

more
    • Spend a day in Kaohsiung

Tai'an Jul 1, 2014 at 11:53 PM

We plan to ,be in Taipei for 7 nights in early November and if possible,take a day trip to Kaohsiung by the High Speed Train.
      How to go about it and in one day what all to do and see.
      All your replies would be more than welcome.
      Many thanks.

more
    • Tablets and Phones

Beijing Jul 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Hello,

Where can I get the best price for a Samsung galaxy 10.1 inch tablet and a Samsung S5 phone. What is the lowest price I could get? I will be going to the silk market on saturday.

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Dali or Lijiang

Yunnan Sheng Jul 7, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hi,

I am wondering if two days in Dali and three days in Lijiang (2 days around Lijiang and one in the old town) are sufficient.

Thanks

more
    • cbhuta's Profile Photo

what's happening in Shanghai on 12 and 13 July?

Shanghai Jul 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Hey guys, I'm in Shanghai for the weekend and looking for places to go where I can meet up with people and have a good evening over drinks or dinner.
      Any suggestions?

more
    • Job in China

Guangxi Zhuangzu Zizhiqu Jul 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM

I've been offered a teaching position in Yizhou, Guangxi province from September for 5 months. I'm concerned about the heat and humidity and possible air pollution. Would this be a problem?

more
    • Ferry from Shanghai to Osaka (Shanghai Ferry Company) and Japanese Rail Pass

China Jul 2, 2014 at 7:43 PM

So me and my friend are planning a trip to Japan from Shanghai via boat (how adventurous of us!) Like many foreigners visiting Japan, we've heard about the Japanese Rail Pass and are very interested, I've been doing some reading online and I read that in order to get your ticket exchanged whilst in Japan, you need proof of your entry date. This is mandatory on flights, but I'm worried that the boat company won't stamp our passports with our arrival date. Has anyone used the Shanghai Ferry Co. Limited and can let me know if this is something they provide?

more
    • Cell phone

Shenzhen Jul 1, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Should I buy a new iPhone 5 in the states before moving to Shenzhen or buy a new phone when I get there?

more
    • Accommodation booking

China Jun 28, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hi all!
      I am planning on hiking the Tiger Leaping Gorge in August and wonder if it is necessary to book a room in advance at Halfway Lodge and at Sean's (Spring Guesthouse). Also any recommendation regarding the accommodation at Tiger Leaping Gorge would be much appreciated.
      Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! :)

more
    • nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Anybody ever been to Ningde, Fujian?

Ningde Jun 25, 2014 at 9:50 PM

I am planning to visit NIngde in November. Has anybody been there?

more
    • Kunming airport

Kunming Jul 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I will be arriving at Kunming airport from overseas and plan to board a local flight to Lijiang from the same Kunming airport. Is one and half hours sufficient time after arriving from overseas to take the local flight to Lijiang? Let me know, thanks.

more
    • TravelingSandy's Profile Photo

Beijing, China

Beijing Jul 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM

We are arriving in Xingang via cruise ship on October, 13 at 7am. We depart on October 14 at 7pm. Is the bullet train the best way to get into the city? Can anyone recommend a good tour operator at a fair price Thanks so much!

more
    • Naomi_B's Profile Photo

facebook acces from Shanghai

Shanghai Jun 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Is it true that facebook and similar social media sites are banned in China? I want to know if I will be able to access my facebook from Shanghai.

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

independent travel

Yunnan Sheng Jun 22, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hi,

I want to do independent travel to Yunnan and Guizhou. My interests are minority culture and photography.

However, I have not done independent travel in that part of China before and don't know how to tackle the logistics. I have heard that getting around in that part of China is not easy.

I have three weeks and want to cover Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Jianshui, and Yueyang Rice Terraces in Yunnan before heading to Huanguoshu Falls, Zhijin Caves, and the Miao and Dong villages aroind Kaili in Guizhou.

If anyone has advice, please let me know.

Thank you

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Shanghai to Seoul by ferry

China Jul 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Is there any ferry service from Shanghai or any other closer city to Seoul? How much does it cost?

more
    • Do I have a problem??

Beijing Jul 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM

DO I HAVE A VISA PROBLEM

I am visiting China later this year from Aug 28 to Feb 3 and have already booked my flights. Total stay in China for158 days on a ‘L’ visa as I’m touring.
      I’ve got a visa for 60 days double entry (total 120 days), and I’ve been told I can get an extension for a further 30 days at a police station. This makes 150 days in total. Here is the question :- Can I obtain a further extension for the remaining 8 days. The Chinese embassy in Manchester says I will only find out when I'm in China. But I would like to know now so I can adjust my return flight date.

more

Popular Heilongjiang Sheng Travel Answer Locations

• Ice Festival

Harbin Dec 3, 2013 at 4:02 AM

We will only be in Harbin in late December from the 27th to the 31. Is it possible to visit/see the ice Festival then even though it officially does not open until January.

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 11:08 PM
    • Plan to visit Harbin my own

Harbin Dec 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Can I travel to Harbin by my own without having any ground tour package with any tour agent? For example I call a cab to the tourist spot and get the entrance ticket myself? Is this way convenient during winter to visit ice sculpture?

3 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • Khampasith's Profile Photo

Ice festival, Harbin, China

Harbin Nov 3, 2013 at 1:41 AM

1) How do hotel prices vary during Ice festival and during no festival?

2) How much does the average tourist spend during the festival?

2 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 12:16 AM
    • What is the opening time for Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival available for tourist?

Harbin Jul 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM

We are going to travel in group in mid December. Is the festival open/available for public on 17th/18th of December? or the Snow and Ice world is available on 17th/18th of December?

3 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    • furs

Harbin Jan 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM

we shall be in Harbin next week. Where would you recommend as a reputable store for fur coats or other products
      Thank you

• katsun's Profile Photo

Harbin Jan 2013

Harbin Dec 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM

My husband and I plan to visit Harbin for 4 days in Jan.
      Is 4 days too many days?
      We are also thinking of adding 'snow village' to our Harbin itinerary. Are there any five-star hotel? Recommendation?
      Can anyone recommend any good taxi or private driver that we can hire to and from snow village? What is the average round trip rate?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    • Ice Festival

Harbin Dec 3, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Hi.I am planning to go to Harbin from 21 Feb to 23 Feb 2013. Is the Ice festival still on at these dates?I

3 Answers Dec 6, 2012 at 5:46 AM
    • rhea

Jiamusi Jun 18, 2012 at 3:12 AM

hi...i need a help please i nid to send sm1 a birthday card from mauritius to an address in jiamusi city,please guide me thanx

1 Answer Jul 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    • Sprachraum's Profile Photo

Looking for an appartement in July and August 2012

Harbin Feb 17, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Hello, I'm looking for an appartement in Harbin for July and August 2012. I'm coming to study Mandarin in Harbin. Thank you very much for your help and kind regards from Billy, Basle, Switzerland

3 Answers Mar 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM
    • Hostel or kidsfriendly hotel in Harbin

Harbin Jan 20, 2012 at 2:47 AM

We are planning to travel to Harbin in May, with our two kids (7 and 11). We will stay about 8 nights. We found the Harbin Russia International Youth Hostel on the internet. Does someone know about this hostel? Is it clean? Familyrooms? Private shower? Same questions about the Harbin North International Youth Hostel.

Or do you know about other kidsfriendly hotels in Daoli or Daowai?

thank you, Inge

• Airport to city centre

Harbin Dec 18, 2011 at 8:23 PM

I'm arriving at hrb airport at around 10:30 pm. Can I get to the city by train?

3 Answers Dec 29, 2011 at 5:55 AM
    • visiting Harbin for family history research

Harbin Nov 10, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Hi, we are planning a trip to Harbin, partly to learn more about family heritage!
      We are trying to find out where my husband's mother was born. We have a name for the village in Russian script -
      щучье, трехречье, харбин

and western script, it is Shuche ("Pike"), Three Rivers, Harbin
      Obviously Harbin exists today as a large and thriving city but we'd love to know if the village itself still exists and if so what is its name in Chinese? And how to get there from Harbin? Also does anyone know if the Evangelical Lutheran church is still there? If anyone can help I would be most grateful! Thanks

1 Answer Nov 10, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    • Cheap short term ( month) apartment/hotel in Harbin?

Harbin Oct 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM

We're going to Harbin for about three months and need to find an apartment/hotel to stay in for the duration. The closer to local prices the better as we're on a very strict budget. Twin share or similar. We don't speak Chinese, we just started learning. Is there anywhere you can think of that we can rent for one month at a time perhaps?
      Cheers.

2 Answers Jan 26, 2012 at 6:28 AM
    • josieling's Profile Photo

Harbin Ice Festival

Harbin Sep 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Morning.. Singapore calling Harbin!

I am planning to be in China over Christmas and New Years, ie before the Ice Festival begins. Just wondering if it's possible to visit the ice sculptures before the official opening date.

The second question is where to go skiing in China? I have never skied before heheh... if it can be near Harbin that would be great!

gochina.about.com/od/whattos...
      chinatravel.com/focus/china-...

Thanks and hear from you!

Josie

4 Answers Oct 30, 2011 at 4:54 AM
    • LeahFoong's Profile Photo

Harbin trip from 22nd Dec to 31th Dec.(:

Harbin Dec 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Hey,in about two weeks time,I'll be going to Harbin with my family but I have no idea how many sweater should I bring for that 10 days trip.I heard that it's important to get lip balm,so what kind of lip balm is suitable for harbin?Also,is it okay to wear contact lens during the trip?? Lastly,any tips on what's the full attire to wear? I hope to receive replies as soon as possible and thank you in advance!:D

5 Answers Dec 9, 2010 at 4:48 AM
    • Dec 20 to Jan 2

Harbin Sep 24, 2010 at 7:01 AM

HI Vters

We are planning to spend Christmas and New Year at Harbin and wonder if we will be able to enjoy the Ice Festival during that period. From what I see, one of the exhibition kicks off only on Jan 5th 2011. Unfortunately, we can't stay beyond the 3rd. Is it worth going to Harbin during this period?

1 Answer Sep 27, 2010 at 3:39 AM
    • Traveling in China for Ice Festival in 2011

Harbin Aug 5, 2010 at 5:04 AM

does anyone know a guide suitable for Harbin

5 Answers Nov 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM
    • BUBBY4388

Harbin Aug 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I would like to know if Taxis are the best way to tour around Harbin or a private guide in January 2011. How far is the Harbin Airport from the centre of the city. Thanks

1 Answer Nov 11, 2010 at 5:57 AM
    • shopping in harbin

Harbin Apr 1, 2010 at 2:15 AM

i came to jiamusi china from the united states with my husband and 2 kids and our dog. we spent some time in beijing also before finally coming here though. now i am looking for certain things to get and dont want to have to go all the way back to beijing to go shopping. are there plenty of places there in harbin for westerns to find things? anyone speak english and want to be a tour guide sometime?

2 Answers Apr 7, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    • How much does the festival cost? how long are the tickets good for?

Harbin Jan 12, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I am trying to find some basic info on the Ice Festival we will be arriving on January 24. How much does each venue cost to see the sculptures is how does it work? Do you get a ticket that you have to carry around with you is there a gate you walk in and will we have to pay each day/time we visit? Even though I have been doing a lot of research I haven't come across a clear explanation on prices.

5 Answers Jan 18, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Anything for vegetarians to eat in Harbin?

Harbin Jan 7, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Hi! Will eating be a problem for me in Harbin since I am a vegetarian (I do eat dairy and seafood)? Are there many western style restaurants? Also, how many days are recommended to see the Ice Festival? Are 3-4 days enough? Thanks for any info! We are thinking of coming to Harbin during Chinese New Year. I hope it will not be too crowded????

2 Answers Dec 17, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    • Paris92's Profile Photo

Going early to the Harbin Festival

Harbin Dec 17, 2009 at 4:53 PM

This is Courtney, VT Press Manager and I need some help with a project we're working on. I've heard that you can see the snow sculptures at the Harbin festival early before the crowds come--can anyone verify that for me?

Thanks so much!
      C

9 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    • guo_mei_xin's Profile Photo

2 days in harbin?

Harbin Sep 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I plan to go to Harbin around January 2010.. or maybe first week of February.

Will 2 days be enough in Harbin if I'll just go to the ice festival and Yabuli Ski Resort? I just thought of going to Yabuli because I've never been to any ski resort in my whole life, and I really want to try it.

Also, any new places Harbin worth going to? No temples and no gardens please.

Thanks!

1 Answer Dec 21, 2009 at 2:36 AM
    • Taxi contact in Harbin

Harbin Aug 14, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Hi There, anyone has any taxi contact in Harbin? Grateful if you can drop me an email. Cheers

2 Answers Aug 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM
    • What to wear and will I see the Ice Scplture

Harbin Jul 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Hi,

Iam going to harbin this Chrismas, I would like to know what I should wear and buy. I will be going through Dalian before reachin Harbin, can I buy my mitten and snow cap there? I have a high blood presure mum that I will bring along, is there any advice for her? My brother is very sensitive to cold, he gets cold very easily, is there a way to keep him warm. Is cashmere sweeter enought to brace the cold in Harbin? By the way what is the average temperature in Harbin during the winter season? I would also like to know will I be seeing the completed scplture during that Chrismas sesson? Are we given entry to the park to see these items before the offical launching?

Sorry for so many questions.

Hope you all can help answer them.

Thanks

4 Answers Jul 19, 2009 at 9:38 PM
    • midgetswithguns's Profile Photo

Urgent responses required!!!!!!!!!!

Harbin Jan 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Hi!!!

I am leaving for China tomorrow! (so excited!)

If anyone can help me that would be great!

My husband and I will be in Harbin on the 10th, I need to know how easy it is at the airport? The whole time we are in China we will be picked up at all the airports and taken to our hotels by the tour company, but in Harbin we will be on our own.

We will have to make it from the airport to our hotel and then back again.

According to my itinerary, they advise to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight back to Beijing... is this true?

Do they really not queue over there?

6 Answers Jan 29, 2009 at 12:55 AM
    • Things to do in Harbin in Spring

Harbin Jan 6, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I will be in Harbin in late March, early April. What are some things to do in Harbin around that time? I assume the ice sculptures will already be melted.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2009 at 2:12 AM
    • Cost of taxi versus ground tour

Harbin Nov 26, 2008 at 9:00 AM

I have a group of 7 people planning to visit Harbin for 3 days in Jan 2009. Anyone has an idea how much transportation will cost for 2 days. We plan to visit major sites like Siberian tiger park, Sun Island & Snow World. One more question is will it be easy to book a cab or 7seat coach in Harbin

Any recommendation of reliable tour agents?

4 Answers Nov 27, 2008 at 5:34 AM
    • midgetswithguns's Profile Photo

A few questions about Harbin

Harbin Nov 23, 2008 at 8:12 PM

Hi eveyone!

My hubsband and I are going to Harbin in early Jan 09',

To anyone living in Harbin or anyone with experience:

(1) How much (Yuan/RMB) does it cost to catch a cab from Harbin Airport to the Lungmen Modern Plaza Hotel (85 Hongjun Street Nangang District)I think it is about 40km's drive? does anyone know how long the drive takes?

(2) We are going to Harbin Ice & Snow World, Zhaolin Park, Sun Island Park & the Siberian Tiger Park, out of those choices, would you not go to any of them..I heard Zhaolin Park was not worth it?

(3) Do most people speak English in Harbin? will we have any trouble? (I am learning the basics in Chinese)

(4) I know it will be very cold when we go, does it snow that time of year?

Looking forward to your responses,

thanks,

Toni

7 Answers Dec 2, 2008 at 3:47 PM
    • thermal cloths in harbin

Harbin Oct 20, 2008 at 9:00 PM

i like to travel harbin in jan,2009. how about the clothings ? can i get woolen or thermal cloths on hire at railway station or airport ?

4 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 6:00 PM